• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: PS4 owners more satisfied than Xbox One owners

viveks86

It is really close, but it isn't fun if we don't crown a winner, is it? ;)

PlayStation 4 owners have indicated they are more satisfied with their new console purchase than Xbox One owners.

In a survey of 3,950 GameSpot and GameFAQs users conducted by GameSpot Trax between December 5 and December 10, respondents were asked to grade--on a scale of 1 to 10--how satisfied they were with their new console purchase. On average, PS4 owners graded their satisfaction at 8.71 out of 10, marginally ahead of the 8.20 of Xbox One owners, though the results suggest that owners of both new consoles are happy with their new purchases.

Now, a sexy graph to prove it:

2405174-gamespot+satisfaction+survey+2013.png

More at: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-owners-more-satisfied-than-xbox-one-owners/1100-6416778/

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Something tells me the people at the far end of the scale are just fanboys.

Sydle

So what stops console warriors from entering dissatisfied responses? Can't take this seriously any way. If it were verified purchases then I'd be really interested.

Gammacide

My first thought.

Only having played AC4 on PS4 (and absolutely LOVING it), I can safely say I'm at an 8 or 9 because so much of the user experience is improved drastically on the PS4 compared to the PS3. Going back to PS3 feels down right clunky now. :(

Thats a ridiculous statement. For either system there may be things that a person may not like.

For example dead rising is the only game that interest me for xb1. But the ps4 had several.. And I'm loving my ps4.

My first thought.

Only having played AC4 on PS4 (and absolutely LOVING it), I can safely say I'm at an 8 or 9 because so much of the user experience is improved drastically on the PS4 compared to the PS3. Going back to PS3 feels down right clunky now. :(

Yeah, but I can't shake the feeling of disappointment when I go looking for DLNA streaming or the youtube app on my PS4 :(

kuppy

39% vote for 10?
PS4 has no games that satisfy that answer at all, it only satisfies that the buyers think they didn't throw money out of the window, which leads me to the conclusion that their decision was influenced by the typical console war they bet their money on.

39% vote for 10?
PS4 has no games that satisfy that answer at all, it only satisfies that the buyers think they didn't throw money out of the window, which leads me to the conclusion that their decision was influenced by the typical console war they bet their money on.

The PS4 has no games? Really, and here I've been playing Killzone, Knack, Resogun, ACIV, COD, NFS, and Lego Marvel, must have missed the memo.

It has plenty of games to keep one busy, unless you don't like any of them, in which case, there's not much to say. I wouldn't give the PS4 as a whole a 10, but on a satisfaction level? I'd say it's definitely 10/10, it's done everything I expected and delivered exactly what it promised. My only grip is BF4 but that's not the PS4's problem, it's EA.

kuppy

The PS4 has no games? Really, and here I've been playing Killzone, Knack, Resogun, ACIV, COD, NFS, and Lego Marvel, must have missed the memo.

It has plenty of games to keep one busy, unless you don't like any of them, in which case, there's not much to say. I wouldn't give the PS4 as a whole a 10, but on a satisfaction level? I'd say it's definitely 10/10, it's done everything I expected and delivered exactly what it promised. My only grip is BF4 but that's not the PS4's problem, it's EA.
Yeah, I see the multiplat killer apps all over my face. Knack and Killzone aren't that good of games, to be realistic.

Massa

Gamespot went to shit lately. I loved the site when Brendan Sinclair was heading the news; they'd only post credible pieces and actually contact the affected parties before writing a story, you know, like journalists would do.

Now it's just one clickbait article after another. They even have a buyer's guide which serves the exact same purpose as their reviews, it's ridiculous.

Rivver

Banned
39% vote for 10?

I thought the "LOL (insert Sony console) HAZ NO GAMES!!1" meme would've died off years ago. I guess I was wrong.

I'd give my PS4 a 7 or an 8 right now, as is. That will probably change after a few firmware updates and more games come out. The groundwork is set for a 10, but it's not there yet for me.

Top Bottom