• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Shard said:
Well, Gerstmann is about as mobile as Frankenstein's Monster, so you got going that for you.

Uh, the monster was pretty mobile, actually. Read the book, don't watch the Disney version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Good lord, what is with you people?

It sounds to me that the game is extremely solid, but doesn't tread new ground. In addition, the music is weak (which I expected based on WW). He seems to hand out plenty of praise while also noting weaknesses. It seems like a review from someone who can appreciate the game and enjoy it, but isn't an insane fan (which many of the reviews are likely to be written by).

The people slamming him (and his weight) sound like little children who would give the game a 10/10 even if it were just a graphical update to OoT.

It still shows just how mawssively overrated PDZ was, though...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jeff-DSA said:
Uh, the monster was pretty mobile, actually. Read the book, don't watch the Disney version.

We were talking about the Boris Karloff version, I don't recall that one being very agile.

JayDubya

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:

a) Universal

b) Since the whole joke revolved around the film's ending, which completely differs from the book, I'd say he's safe to reference the specific film version I was referencing.

Leatherface

dark10x said:
Good lord, what is with you people?

It sounds to me that the game is extremely solid, but doesn't tread new ground. In addition, the music is weak (which I expected based on WW). He seems to hand out plenty of praise while also noting weaknesses. It seems like a review from someone who can appreciate the game and enjoy it, but isn't an insane fan (which many of the reviews are likely to be written by).

The people slamming him (and his weight) sound like little children who would give the game a 10/10 even if it were just a graphical update to OoT.

It still shows just how mawssively overrated PDZ was, though...

So what your saying then is every other review is simply the viewpoint of rabid fanboys who have overscored the game?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JayDubya said:
a) Universal

b) Since the whole joke revolved around the film's ending, which completely differs from the book, I'd say he's safe to reference the specific film version I was referencing.

Okay, how about we say that Jeffikins has about the same mobility as the Golem of ancient Jewish legend and of which the Frankenstein's Monster was based upon?

dark10x

Leatherface said:
So what your saying then is every other review is simply the viewpoint of rabid fanboys who have overscored the game?
No, not really (though I'm sure some are).

JayDubya

Banned
Shard said:
Okay, how about we say that Jeffikins has about the same moblity as the Golem of ancient Jewish legend and of which the Frankenstein's Monster was based upon.

See, there we go. The added benefit is we get to insinuate he's a soulless husk.

Easy_G

+1

I never did like Gamespot's way of averaging a bunch of scores to get an overall score. Oh well. . .

ONE REVIEW BELOW 9.5 IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!

To be honest, I'd be worried if there wasn't a couple lower scores.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the review amounts to, "the game is great, much like a zelda game is great."
if resident evil 5 were released tomorrow and wasn't extremely different from re4, would you care if it got an 8.8?

it's more zelda.
relax.
let it go.

X26

Banned
Mike Works said:
Does anyone have any pictures/gifs of gerstmann? I'm in a photoshoppin mood!

1371799.jpg

just for the record, is the fact that the (uh, possible spoiler)
hookshot
was mentioned considered the "massive" spoiler?
hasn't that been in like every zelda game ever made though? lol

dark10x

Code_Link said:
He did give the "groundbreaking" GTA sequels (VC and SA) a surprisingly high score.
I disagree with Vice, but San Andreas seems to have been significantly more ground breaking in comparison to TP (I know I'll prefer Zelda, though, as I'm not a huge GTA fan).

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
I'm glad to see that this thread has only become more intelligent in the last hour.

That was fun.

Reminded me when I let fanboyism get the best of me. I'm just baffled at GS's reviews these days starting with their Company of Heroes review. I'll be waiting until I play the game before I write this one off.

Wes

venison crêpe
Woah it's only been 3 hours and this thread is reaching 1000 posts.

I think the people have spoken.

mm04

Wow...what's the record for fastest thread to 1000 posts? I foresaw meltdown, but this is ridiculous.

mm04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom