• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot reviews Red Steel

AniHawk

ethelred said:
What's the Magic Ani Ball say aboot Elebits?

A game that will average 6s and reach nowhere near the level of creativity or fun as Katamari Damacy, to which so many people have compared it.

Amir0x

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Wait, amir0x your secret game wasn't red steel right?

Nah, I follow the game industry too closely to fall for that trap - I saw the signs. I hope to win a copy of Red Steel for free, though

AniHawk said:
See, I never even reached that level. And so far I've been right about every launch game for the system. I'll be right about Elebits. Just wait and see. Just wait and see.

Well I like Ubisoft, they make good games... so I thought it had a little chance earlier in the year!

gamergirly said:
This place looks pretty calm to me. What's funny is despite that 8.8 for Zelda, it seems whoever was going to buy the game is STILL going to buy it and whoever wasnt ISNT. Nothing has changed.

Well duh. Seriously, half the Earth has Zelda pre-ordered on some system and 8.8 isn't a bad score - it's a GREAT score that says the game is AWESOME. So why would you cancel it either way?

SpacLock

BlindN-Fan said:
scr_099.jpg

It's too bad the game won't look this good unless Nintendo suddenly goes HD.

FiRez

BlindN-Fan said:
scr_099.jpg

hl225.jpg

When inspected closer HL2 is just a game full of tricks that makes it look so damn good.Repeats alot of textures aswell. RS looks decent when compared to it.

stop lying to yourself or go play HL2, about RS: even Black looks better

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
SolidSnakex said:
You've gone and reminded me of the terrible sequels to Kickboxer. :/ There was one to Bloodsport also but I won't watch it as i'm not letting anything diminish my view of Bloodsport.

I saw a sequel to Road House at the vid store today. It's called Road House 2. Yes.

Zeed

Banned
Ezenzer said:
You just made reading this thread worth it for me. Bravo. :lol :lol
I am Nintendo's Abraham Lincoln, leading the oppressed Nintendo fans to freedom from the cruel grip of sanity!

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Well I like Ubisoft, they make good games... so I thought it had a little chance earlier in the year!

You're right about UbiSoft. They make good games. You just backed the wrong one (unlike myself, who was -what's that?- oh yes, right)

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
You're right about UbiSoft. They make good games. You just backed the wrong one (unlike myself, who was -what's that?- oh yes, right)

it's a mini-game compilation, so since i'm opposed to that it's not really possible for you to be right (unless they hid the platformer in there)

but if you're a fan of those types of games i'm sure you couldn't have anyone better than Ancel behind it

Tiktaalik

I think it was pretty clear from watching the videos of this game that it was going to get between a 5-6. Maybe a lone 7 at the edge of the spectrum.

The control just always looked horrible to me. The fact that the storyline is terrible is I guess icing on the rancid cake.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'll never understand how the fanboys on both sides of this issue are reacting to this. You got some kids saying NO WAY THIS IS TRUE and other kids saying I KNEW IT ALL ALONG. ****ing bullshit, all of ya's.

Half of you are just stirring shit up to **** with the other half's biggest fears. And that other half, you're just feeding the people that would see you anguish. GAF, you never fail to deliver!

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
it's a mini-game compilation, so since i'm opposed to that it's not really possible for you to be right (unless they hid the platformer in there)

but if you're a fan of those types of games i'm sure you couldn't have anyone better than Ancel behind it

I'm not even a fan of minigame compilations. Ancel has actually made the first good one ever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:

Just what the hell is your problem with Mini-game compilations anyway? Are you going to not buy Wario Ware: Smooth Moves as well?

Muppet345

I like minigame compilations when they feature:

1. A singleplayer portion that stands on its own without the minigames.
2. Michel Ancel

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Just what the hell is your problem with Mini-game compilations anyway? Are you going to not buy Wario Ware: Smooth Moves as well?

It's just little slices of finished games masquerading as a complete title. None of the individual mini-games have even near the depth of a full game, which is sort of the point, but is where the appeal dies for me.

Wario Ware IS an odd entity. Its 'games' barely classify as mini-games, they're even minier than mini... the function of the title is to shuffle as quickly through them as possible, almost before the shallow nature of each specific mini chunk can settle in. I don't know why, but it somehow makes it more enjoyable.

AniHawk

Shard said:
I assume that you have played none of the Wario Ware games.

I played the first one and Touched extensively. Both were awful.

The little bit of Twisted I wasted my time on wasn't that great either.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Anihawk and Amirox were always the same person in my head, I think their arguement is giving me somekind of tumor.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
xhadoukenx said:
Anihawk and Amirox were always the same person in my head, I think their arguement is giving me somekind of tumor.

Well, here is the key difference, Anihawk hates Warioware, which I think is some kind of crime against humanity or something.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Twilight Rockstar said:
Sorry -- late to the thread, I know. But I have to say -- that GS review is utter nonsense.
Oh? What do you disagree with them on? And what are your impressions of the game? If you've played it.

Amir0x

Banned
Twilight Rockstar said:
Sorry -- late to the thread, I know. But I have to say -- that GS review is utter nonsense.

Oh awesome!

It's good to know the hard-hitting journalists at Official Nintendo Magazine UK are loving this game. I, for one, know I can expect to read a review where you tell us 18 times how much it has CHANGED YOUR LIFE and when you play it you will NEVER BE THE SAME (after I get through the 15 factual inaccuracies).

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Shard said:
Well, here is the key difference, Anihawk hates Warioware, which I think is some kind of crime against humanity or something.

I think Ami screwed around with Wario behind Ani's back. They tried to patch things up but y'know, wheres the trust?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Amir0x said:
OH AWESOME!

It's good to know the hard-hitting journalists at Official Nintendo Magazine UK are loving this game. I, for one, know I can expect to read a review where you tell us 18 times how much it has CHANGED YOUR LIFE and when you play it you will NEVER BE THE SAME (after I get through the 15 factual inaccuracies).

Cruisin' World - 89%.

Believe.

Muppet345

Pureauthor said:
Reading this thread (heck, the whole forum) right now is like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.
I'm just waiting for my Wii so I can get away from it all into a state of gaming bliss. I have the weekend off work. Sometimes you guys depress me with how negative you are.

Also Twilight, could you go into more detail?

Fix

Banned
disappeared said:
No, but those gun models brought back some N64-era memories. I don't mean to say it looks exactly like a 64 game, but goddamn.

Wait till you see it in four-player split.

That there is an accurate score.

smurfx

get some go again
lol what's with all the users on here having these similar icons?

2ypn3oi.jpg

Amir0x said:
Oh awesome!

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Just for the record, did anybody catch that RAMPAGE (Wii) scored a 5.1, and Red Steel scored a 5.5?

That's interesting.

Oh shit, 5.7 for the GCN version of Rampage. Superior version confirmed AGAIN!

Top Bottom