• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesTM 90

Dabanton

Scores shamelessly stolen from rllmukforum

Mmm i think this thread is going to be rather pleasant this month especially seeing a few scores in particular.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 9/10
Lego Rock Band 7/10
DJ Hero 9/10
New Super Mario Bros Wii 8/10
Dragon Age: Origins 8/10
Left for Dead 2 8/10
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles 8/10
Tales of Monkey Island: TTaEoGT 9/10
EuFloria 7/10
Demon's Souls 10/10
Rabbids Go Home 7/10
Assassin's Creed 2 9/10
Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics 7/10
Saw 3/10
Lost Winds: WotM 8/10
Lucidity 7/10

Kevtones

Having a tough time choosing GOTY at this point between Demon's Souls and NSMB Wii. They're both so good for entirely different reasons.

Ihya

Everyone gets a pat on the back, what is there to hate?

Edge loves stirring the controversy, they thrive on it, and people will talk about their review scores much more than these.

Hixx

Ihya said:

Edge loves stirring the controversy, they thrive on it, and people will talk about their review scores much more than these.

Not everyone needs controversy to find entertainment from something.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see Tales of Monkey Island getting some respect. Telltale have really outdone themselves with the series.

Huggers

Rez said:
my copy is on its way as we speak. I should have it by Friday. :D

Man, it looks so good hey. No sign of a publisher for the EU as yet either. Looking at the Mighty Boosh av I'm guessing you're in England too, where did you order yours from may I ask?

watkinzez

Good to see the latest Tales episode get the accolades it rightly deserves.

Oh, see, I had that all typed out before reading Rez's post.

The Hug Dog said:
where did you order yours from may I ask?

Best place to get it sent to Europe from is probably videogamesplus.ca - movietyme.com are a bit cheaper, but vg+ is faster in my experience.

Also, good to see another fantastic score for my GotY - has Demon's Souls even had a bad review yet? I rememeber Famitsu not liking it too much, but ever since then it's been nothing but positive reviews.

Gorgon

Bootaaay said:
Best place to get it sent to Europe from is probably videogamesplus.ca - movietyme.com are a bit cheaper, but vg+ is faster in my experience.

Also, good to see another fantastic score for my GotY - has Demon's Souls even had a bad review yet? I rememeber Famitsu not liking it too much, but ever since then it's been nothing but positive reviews.

As far as I remember the lowest score DS got was 8/10. Famitsu gave it lower scores but one of the reviewers gave it a 9 while the lowest was from a casual gaming reviewer. It wasn't that bad in the end.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kosma said:
To be honest I think Games has surpassed Edge as the quality magazine a while ago.
GamesTM is also a pretty hefty magazine, as well. You actually feel like you're getting your monies worth.

Huggers

Kosma said:
To be honest I think Games has surpassed Edge as the quality magazine a while ago.

Amount of content yes. But the quality of writing is school boy levels in comparison to Edge

Moobabe said:
My parents are ordering mine from http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/730865001323 for my birthday and I'm in the UK.

I should get gamestm90 next week as well, great score for DS.

Bootaaay said:

Cheers for the advice on where to get Demons Souls fellas, someone else mentioned that videogamesplus.ca site to me the other day so think I'll go with them

Huggers

CiSTM said:
Saw got only 3 ? This is fucking bull shit, I bet the reviewer didn't even play the game. 9/10 imo.

If you look back at GamesTm's history of reviewing games from the movie tie in survival horror genre, then you will see a clear bias against the genre

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The Hug Dog said:
Man, it looks so good hey. No sign of a publisher for the EU as yet either. Looking at the Mighty Boosh av I'm guessing you're in England too, where did you order yours from may I ask?
Australia, but Play-Asia should still be fine to ship to England, I guess. They're super reliable, and have great prices in AU dollars, though I'm not sure what that means for the GBP.

faridmon

this is the most consistently good magazine in the industry by far. those scores makes sense to me, and even though they don't use edgy words and sentences (see what i did here?) its absolutely great

and yes i agree with all those grades (to the ones i have played)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DEMONS SOULS, WELL DESERVED.

Hixx

[Nintex] said:
Is this the GamesTM issue with the Rare interview?

Yeah, was just reading it, my copy came just before we had to leave for the football. There's quite a few decent articles (Crackdown 2, Rare, 4A Games). Also one of my favourite covers in a long time.

AAK

I think Demon's Souls is gonna be the second RPG I'll buy. (After FFXII which was the only playable one I've encountered so far)

Virro

*puts the PS3 controller down*

I love me some Demon's Souls, but it had a paper thin story. I don't see how any publication could give it a 10/10.

*farms some more 4-3*

Bebpo

Banned
Ihya said:

I think the fact RE DSC got the same score as NSMB Wii & L4D2 is certainly controversial since the game is nowhere near the quality of the latter two.

Virro

tass0 said:
Hmm, let's see if Metacritic are "nice" enough to add the Demon's Souls score.

Doesn't look like it, though its currently pulling an 89. Probably would be a 90+ if the Gamervision 60 didn't come in a 15 points below the next lowest score.

Top Bottom