• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamestm Top 15 Games machines of all time (reader poll)

Derrick01

Banned
This just in - only console-exclusive games are any good.

At the end of the day it's what separates systems from one another. I can play virtually everything on 360 on PC, and even more on PS3 (since there's a lot of console exclusive japanese games).

The online system is much better on PC, and free.

The hardware is probably the worst designed hardware ever.

So...how do you justify it being number 1?

Haunted

SzzIa.gif

I refuse to believe that this came from gamestm.

Yeah, I've semi-regularly purchased the magazine, its a good read and I've never known them to write something this stupid.

I mean, what does "more than any other machine, gave gaming to all the people , all the time" even mean?

Satchel

Banned
Super Nintendo far too high and the Dreamcast way too low.

I can agree with the 360 being number 1 though.

There isn't much the 360 doesn't give you. I've had it as my number 2 console behind the Dreamcast for some years now.

But the thing is, by the same logic I (and games tm possibly) have applied to my decision for being happy with the 360 being number 1, the Playstation 3 should be number 2 or 3. So it's strange that they have it at number 8.

I mean, everything the 360 can do (pretty much) the PS3 can do. Their game libraries are VERY similar, their downloadable content/games libraries are also equally good, both offer great entertainment options for movie and TV watching, they both have great motion control methods, they both now have more attractive and reliable hardware, and both provide acceptable online gaming support.

So I'm interested to know what put the 360 7 spots higher. I agree the 360 should be higher than the PS3, but I'd only put it one or two spots above the PS3, not 7.

maeda

Shouldn't the 1st place be occupied by the machine with the most varied and well-rounded library? Where are high budget 3d platformers on 360 or even 2d ones, other than Rayman?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
PC at 10

Xbox at 1 when the PC today is basically a better Xbox with more games and better deals and better framrate/resolution.

Ha

NIGHT-

At the end of the day it's what separates systems from one another. I can play virtually everything on 360 on PC, and even more on PS3 (since there's a lot of console exclusive japanese games).

The online system is much better on PC, and free.

The hardware is probably the worst designed hardware ever.

So...how do you justify it being number 1?

You can't play the best Xbox 360 exclusives on Pc.... Blue Dragon, crackdown, banjo nb, kamel, LO, halo reach etc....

The reasoning given to support Xbox 360's position is very poor. "Gave gaming to all the people, all the time." Wait, what? It's a good console, but the library isn't that varied compared to the PS2.

What does that even mean? Are they under the impression other consoles somehow didn't work during certain times of the day or something?

The fact the most unreliable mass market console of all time is number one makes this entire list hilariously bad.

Derrick01

Banned
Maybe in your opinion... 360 has better exclusives IMO. Not to mention better multiplatform support and XBLA has the best variety of games of any platform I own.

What exclusives? Last year had Gears of War 3 and a halo rehash. I think yet another forza too.

Also PC has better multiplatform games than 360. Since gamestm is counting it than so am I.

Yeah, I've semi-regularly purchased the magazine, its a good read and I've never known them to write something this stupid.

I mean, what does "more than any other machine, gave gaming to all the people , all the time" even mean?

It means Halo, basically.

List about gaming history with no consideration for arcade games.

Good job.

No kidding. I would have put it at the number two spot, personally.

NIGHT-

What exclusives? Last year had Gears of War 3 and a halo rehash. I think yet another forza too.

Also PC has better multiplatform games than 360. Since gamestm is counting it than so am I.

That's fine. But Pc has worse exclusives... Unless your big into Mmos or rts games

Haunted

Well, before this turns into a massive gamestm bashfest - who here actually thinks that list is awesome and accurate?

are some people 'really' arguing 360>>>PC (#1 vs #10), let alone 360 > PC?

oh, wow, some people should have had a barren gaming life

That sound you hear is ten thousand sadsack Amiga devotees high-fiving themselves backwards through time
where's that like button?

Rad-

PC still lacks a lot of PS3/360 multiplatforms, or gets them months later.

Though I would place PC as number 1 as well if we count emulators.

Derrick01

Banned
You can't play the best Xbox 360 exclusives on Pc.... Blue Dragon, crackdown, banjo nb, kamel, LO, halo reach etc....

and there's like a million PC games across the last 20 years that 360 can't play. Better games too, certainly better than Blue Dragon and kameo :lol

Randomizer

Terrible list I'm embarrassed by this actually. Obviously it's subjective but there is things objectively wrong with the 360 like it's hardware problems(RROD) and security issues(fifa hacks). The best thing about the 360 is the social aspect of Xbox live and as someone who isn't a social gamer it doesn't matter to me.

Well the list certainly could have been a lot worse. I'll give them credit for putting the N64 so high up. One of the best consoles ever even with tepid third party support.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Terrible list I'm embarrassed by this actually. Obviously it's subjective but there is things objectively wrong with the 360 like it's hardware problems(RROD) and security issues(fifa hacks). The best thing about the 360 is the social aspect of Xbox live and as someone who isn't a social gamer it doesn't matter to me.

Xbox Live turned shitty after 360..

Top Bottom