• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

Holy shit...

For future reference, crazy PS3 rumors are ALWAYS true. Sony couldn't keep a secret if their lives depended on it.

Max

I am not Max
I just bought GoW2 last month, but i'll probably buy this anyway.

As I sell/trade GoW and GoW2

vg260

NullPointer said:
Hell no, but it sure helps to seal the deal. I just think some people don't understand the allure of trophies/achievements. To dismiss achievements is no different than dismissing points, leaderboards, easter eggs, secret rooms, collectibles, and game specific challenges.

Done right, trophies can save a game from its own flaws.

I'll give you the leaderboards, challenge things, and collectibles but trophies and achievements add no actual game content (easter eggs, secret rooms).

I'm gonna buy this only in the hopes they'll release a similar ICO/Shadow of the Colossus pack.

:O

Wow, this is amazing, and is exactly what I wanted. So awesome that there's trophies, and for $40, this is awesome. Will pre-order when I get money. I definitely have to play these games before 3 comes out.

careful

highluxury said:
I know Im late to the orgy, but HOLY FUCK YES. Now THIS is how you the hype the anticipation for GOWIII even further. Well done Sony.

....and zOMG I orgasmed like a fountain to the trophies bit. I feel like Im getting baptised in my own semen.
Wow :lol

soldat7

Max said:
I just bought GoW2 last month, but i'll probably buy this anyway.

As I sell/trade GoW and GoW2

It might be worth keeping the originals for the bonus content.

The bigger question here is whether or not we'll start seeing other Blu-ray releases of PS2 games. I'd buy the Metal Gear Collection again, for example.

shagg_187 said:
Some of you are making the most stupidest comments. Sony took out BC so they can release GOW Collection on PS3? Now that is funny as shit.

They are releasing this cause people demanded it. No other reason.

-many of them never played BC games on the PS3,
-it is a pain in the ass and ugly mess.
-Only some PS2 games support Wide-Screen, most do not.
-the settings on the PS3 to get the PS2 games too look are a pain in the ass

DAY 1 for me. 720P remastered to fit my screen so I don't have to convulge on the floor trying to get a Ps2 game looking for in HD

dejan

Awesome news. Wanted to get the PS2 titles for some time now, but that compilation is an even better way for me to jump into the series.

Rikyfree

I felt this post is obvious.

30hm2qb.jpg

BTW, it says in the article from the PSblog that there is antialiasing. What they fail to mention is how much. I'm hoping for <4x, but I'll settle for 2x.

MrPliskin said:
I wonder if both GoW1 and GoW2 will have their own individual trophies (i.e. Platinum) or if this will have 1 platinum? I'd assume it'll just be 1, with trophies split between both games.

I assume it'll be 1 platinum for each game.

Doytch

I said I'd get it in the rumors thread, and I will. HD+AA is niiiice. Look forward to playing them for the first time.

jiggle

noice
maybe not day one but will buy

more excited for the possibilities of other companies jumping on this. Final Fantasy compilation :D :D :D Although if they make trophies for those minigames in FFX..........

Mrbob

Would have paid 60 with Chain of Olympus included, too bad it isn't!

Oh well, this is still awesome at 40 bucks and I'm there day one.

As others have stated, this needs to sell well so the ICO/SOTC pack can be coming next.

M3Freak

Banned
I have 1 & 2, but I haven't played them yet. Now I feel like buying this BD compilation just to play it in higher res.
But, I won't. Not rebuying the same games!

jiggle said:
noice

more excited for the possibilities of other companies jumping on this. Final Fantasy compilation :D :D :D Although if they make trophies for those minigames in FFX..........

I would prefer a VII-VIII-IX trilogy compilation instead of a X, X-2, XII compilation.

But I guess that would be asking for too much, especially since I would hope for an updated combat engine and no random encounters.

carlosp

Banned
no 1080p no buy. Sony fails again.

shit who am i kidding to. i have both Games, finished both on PS3 and this is Day fucking One. These will Be my First two platinun trophies :D

MrPliskin said:
I wonder if both GoW1 and GoW2 will have their own individual trophies (i.e. Platinum) or if this will have 1 platinum? I'd assume it'll just be 1, with trophies split between both games.
if it's anything like the Watchmen game that was released on disc, each game installed its own set of trophies so it was two lists instead of one.

vocab

jiggle said:
noice

Gold

Go for the gold at the blitz ball olympics! - 500 hours put into blitzball

nooo.jpg

DCX

DCX
M3Freak said:
I have 1 & 2, but I haven't played them yet. Now I feel like buying this BD compilation just to play it in higher res.
.....one would say we've been rebuying the same games for years just new wrinkles and themes to make them different....few games are truely innovative.

DCX

Corto

M3Freak said:

Come join us... You know you want it... you crave for it.... Cooooooooommmmmmeeeeeee :D

AranhaHunter said:
I assume it'll be 1 platinum for each game.

Its on one BD so its safe to say no.

Just cause its 2 games doesnt mean 2 individual platinums, take a look a Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena for further explanation.

Jostifer

The HUD interface, all the menus, text..etc will be redone in HD which should be nice (so those emulator shots aren't totally accurate).

Esch

Banned
Why didn't they add CoO to this? It would be the perfect way for more players to enjoy it, the ones without PSPs.

Massa

highluxury said:
Its on one BD so its safe to say no.

Just cause its 2 games doesnt mean 2 individual platinums, take a look a Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena for further explanation.

And it's a Sony game, so they can do pretty much whatever they want. See Wipeout HD for further explanation.

Has there been any mention of the possible time of realease. Before the end of the year I'm sure, but I need a date I can obsess about.

Top Bottom