• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop employees told they may need to open early or stay late during E3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem

On majors podcast he was talking to Geoff keighley and there was an odd moment where Geoff mentioned the kinectless sku and price drop major nelson got kind of goofy as if there was something else on the hardware side coming or a more serious price drop. It was just an odd moment and I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Yeah it was kinda weird, he wouldnt exactly confirm the $399 price...

The wording of this sounds like it isn't hinting at any surprise announcement at all.

It is definitely pretty generic but it seems as if Gamestop may feel that a specific title or combination of titles may cause an influx of customers to reserve. Like a "just in case you get customers early/late, be prepared to stay open. Basically telling each store not to turn away people who show up when the store should technically be closed.

It just sounds like Gamestop wants to stay open earlier/later in case some big games are announced and people rush to their store to preorder right away for some reason.

I worked at GAME and from the people I still know there (it was a flagship store) the plan is to do a Microsoft live stream on Monday with hardware/software pre-orders following it. Open early next day and pre-order like crazy (they will on Monday have all the graphics/pre-order adverts and trailers too), the Last of Us is defo coming out in June likely Friday 13 poss.

Be careful with claims like that

Sacul64GC

Banned
If it's something then I would think it's tied to the Xbox one kinect free box that launched on Monday

Its not. Stores have those already things like that come in normal daily shipment. I have not heard anything about staying early or late at my location at all.

oggob

Imagine Sony and Activision doing a massive deal...

The Last Of Us Remasted - Out Now / Tomorrow...

Oh by the way, did we mention that it will also include the Destiny Beta?

Ashodin

I'm calling Smash Bros. Invitational is there, Smash Bros Wii U is there... It's Smash Bros. 3DS early release. Shit will go wild.

Jonnax

Imagine Sony and Activision doing a massive deal...

The Last Of Us Remasted - Out Now / Tomorrow...

Oh by the way, did we mention that it will also include the Destiny Beta?

You can preorder destiny to get into the beta.
At least that's what I was told.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Massive trade-in deals all geared towards enticing customers to join this new generation. Basically, they will be taking everything in with hopes of filling their used shelves for the upcoming holiday while cashing in on the E3 hype for what is to come.

Also, the Last of Us remaster.

Karak

If true, I guess for the $399 Xbox One

Well that email is not anything more than the typical E3 warning email they send though the wording each year is different that is not at all different in total message than past ones that have been posted and discussed here.

If I could have my own way it would be price drops with packin games or trade ins from old systems that were actually worth it versus just barely enticing.

Mrbob

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring with those who say it is the Destiny beta. Pre order to get instant access to it.

Sporty

Neo Member
Be careful with claims like that

Especially since Sony already stated that rumor is wrong and TLOU is not launch next week. They might be lying, ala Jaffe Twisted metal, but then they would have probably ignored it or stated they don't respond to rumors.

Seems pretty stupid to release a product without any marketing buildup. Then again, they do have Vita games seeming to only their blog to market so who knows.

But, this seems to just be a normal E3 thing anticipating people running in to pre-order games that get announced next week, yet ship in 1-2 years. Hell the letter even states "As we did in previous years" right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom