• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Game Day Sale (Mass Effect Andromeda $19.99)

Crap I just realized that I have owned Doom for almost 6 months now but I haven't played it once. Only opened the case to replace the cover with the cool one that GameStop gave out a while ago.

Stick to defaults... lol trust me.

Wrong.

xeaUIsh.jpg

That's just one Ryder but I believe this game has the best Asian characters I've ever seen in a character creator.

Edit: In fact it's probably got some of the best people of color period.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShareYourRyders/comments/65s79h/preset_6_ruff_ryder/

hayejin

I stopped caring for Gamestop sales b/c you're going to get a gutted copy no matter what.

1. Do a store pick up and only gutted copies are available at the store.
2. Do an online order but the games are shipped from stores all across the states and you end up getting a gutted copy.

Seriously, fuck gamestop. So many visits to the store b/c they keep sending out gutted copies even if you order online.

Thoraxes

I'd like to get it, but ironically I can't because i'm still waiting on a new debit card from my bank...because of the Gamestop.com hack.

I stopped caring for Gamestop sales b/c you're going to get a gutted copy no matter what.

2. Do an online order but the games are shipped from stores all across the states and you end up getting gutted copy.

Seriously, fuck gamestop. So many visits to the store b/c they keep sending out gutted copies even if you order online.
By gutted you mean opened? Never had that happen to me and I've shopped at GameStop frequently. Yes it was a sale too.

So it's not an all GameStop thing.

neonglow

By gutted you mean opened? Never had that happen to me and I've shopped at GameStop frequently. Yes it was a sale too.

So it's not an all GameStop thing.

It's a luck of the draw. I've gotten gutted copied in the mail a few times.

Every other retailer when buying new, you're guaranteed a sealed copy.

I have never played a Mass Effect game before. I'm thinking of jumping in with Andromeda. Yay or nay?

I wouldn't, its the worst of the 4 games so why start with the worst? Play 1-3 first, in order, and if you really loved them then try out andromeda. If you start playing ME1 and don't really feel it then you definitely won't like andromeda.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
How long does this last?

I get paid on Wednesday.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2, DOOM, and Titanfall 2 deals interest me greatly.

$20 for Mass Effect Andromeda is a deal. Currently playing it and it's definitely worth that and has more than enough content to justify the price. It might not be on the level of ME2 but it's not a bad game.
I bought the game day 1 and I really enjoyed it despite its many problems. So, I agree that $20 is a really good deal for MEA.

Torn on Andromeda. On one hand, it's a good deal to just jump in on. On the other, might be better to wait until the PC is ordered or I upgrade to a Pro/XBOx.

It seems to be permanently $35 at Walmart. 28 is better but still too high, 25 is my breaking point right now. The closer we get to Black Friday, though, the less likely I jump, as I expect 20 at Black Friday.

Waiting for that range as well, considering I had already bought 1.5 on PS3.

If $3 is your make or break point, then you probably don't want it.

No, I want it, I just don't need it, and knowing that I'll have to buy another game to catch up completely, makes waiting for the drop more enticing. Am I gonna have to spend 50 on both, or 40, or 56. You gotta think long term.

I also didn't know it was on sale last week, so I'm not really sure why it matters. If I had know I may have bought it, but I didn't, and it isn't, so...

jrDev

Lmfao you can buy injustice new and trade it back in for a $6 profit if you have 5 other games!

2. Do an online order but the games are shipped from stores all across the states and you end up getting a gutted copy.

I'm sorry, but get over it lol...

bebop242

No price match from Best Buy for ME:A yet, huh? Really would like to get a sealed copy and use GCU on this.

I'm sure they will price match but you will be SOL with the GCU discount.

And really is saving 4 bucks that important? This is already a very low price for this game.

I'm still not buying it.

I'm sure they will price match but you will be SOL with the GCU discount.

And really is saving 4 bucks that important? This is already a very low price for this game.

I'm still not buying it.

Meh, if more savings are possible, I'd rather take advantage of them than not.

Decided to pick up Andromeda. Wish I knew the flip scheme too on top of that, but it wasn't too bad of a time despite being offered half a dozen things after stating just wanting this and a pro renewal.

Top Bottom