• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

Traded in my 3DS XL and a few games I never play and ended up with a n3DS XL, Majora's Mask 3D and 50$ of eShop credit. Thanks for the tip OP.

Now I need to know what to do with my eShop credit - I bought Mario Galaxy 2 so I have $30 left...

Traded in my 3DS XL and a few games I never play and ended up with a n3DS XL, Majora's Mask 3D and 50$ of eShop credit. Thanks for the tip OP.

Now I need to know what to do with my eShop credit - I bought Mario Galaxy 2 so I have $30 left...

need way more information to make a recommendation! What do you have and what did you enjoy?

_jnup

Traded in 3DS, Vita, GTAV, Dying Light, DA:I, Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider: DE, KH3D, DKC:TF, NSMBU, Lumines, Tearaway.

Ended up picking up the Xbox One AC bundle and a play and charge kit with $0.81 credit left over.

need way more information to make a recommendation! What do you have and what did you enjoy?

I was considering Captain Toad but the videos I've seen of it look a little... dull and repetitive, plus it's ten dollars over my credit amount. I'm considering just holding onto it and applying it to Mario Party 10 when it comes out, but I'm starting to hear some negative things about that too.

Basically I've got that paralysis that comes from too many good choices, I'm also trying to decide what game to redeem with my Club Nintendo points... having no luck there.

Yeah unfortunately trade in values all tanked hard, Gamestop must have hit the quantities they wanted for inventory. PS4 went from $345 to $230, Wii U went from $232 to $195, 3DS XL went from $105 to $90.

Even game trade values got hit hard so probably not worth it anymore, Best Buy is running a 30% trade value bump next week (sunday 3/15) for games (not hardware) so might be better to wait until then if you have some games to trade in.
Will that be for GCU or anyone?

*edit* Eh, Best Buy is only offering $9/$1 for Second Son/New Leaf. :/

I think I'll trade those two in at GS since I'll be getting a lot more for both.

NoRéN

Oh thanks. I never really trade anything, so I didn't know how they did it.

According to the site it looks like you need the stylus and charger. Looks like you would get $67 or so with the bonus. I went in today to buy an eshop card and the employee told me that the trade bonus offer lasts until the 15th.

Shauni

This wasn't mentioned in the OP, and I don't know if it's asked, but does this also apply to the PS2 trade-in they were doing? I was thinking if it did I might do that as a trade in for when I get Codename: STEAM tomorrow. $37.50 will pretty much pay it off, and it's not a horrible value for a PS2 I think.

I know it's almost over, but I thought I'd go ahead and let people know that this does work with the PS2. Got $37.50 for it and almost paid off Codename Steam. I think that's not a horrible price for a PS2 Slim I haven't used in like 3 years.

Thanks OP. Traded in the Wii U and all games. Now I have no idea what to do with all these funds. I'll wait for a used HW sale and probably snag PS4 and XBO in one fell swoop.

Kinda odd that now I have no current gen system. Only thing I have is a 360 since someone stole my gaming laptop. Hmm :/

dezzy8

I traded my XBOX One with Kinect and no games and got like $296. I think I should be set for the rest of the year.

Sold my kinect on craigslist for 110. Went to gamestop sold my Xbox one for 250 with the headset that came with it (bonus). also brought my vita to trade in... intent was to trade for Amazon gift cards. Walked out with a new 3ds, Majoras Mask and Dragon's crown for the Vita. I'm weak willed. But for 75 the OLED Vita wasn't worth the trade in anyway.

blackjaw

In the OP it said those values are this weekend... I'm just wondering if that is legit and if so whether they start today or tomorrow... can anyone confirm?

Think they were for last weekend only. Most of the values on the app (which were correct with higher values last week) are now back to their lower non promo value.

Think they were for last weekend only. Most of the values on the app (which were correct with higher values last week) are now back to their lower non promo value.

New values
PS4 black $158, $237 after trade in. Wow I should of traded it when I had the chance. So I could buy the new bundle.

PS4 white $200, $300 after trade in.

Vita $50, $75 after trade in

Xbox One black $160, $240 after trade in.

Xbox One White same as black.

Xbox One COD $175, $262.5 after trade in.

Wii U 32GB $130, $195 after trade in.

Wii U 8GB $90, $135 after trade in.

New 3DS XL $80, $120 after trade in.

3DS XL $60, $90 after trade in.

3DS $45, $67.5 after trade in.

I really don't want to list all the Xbox 360 and PS3 models because I'm lazy so... Anyway, looks like the worthwhile trading has ended, back to craigslist.

Gurrry

Ok so as my procrastination sets in, i waited the last day to do this.

I want to trade in my 3dsXL, but I cant find the original stylus. I have a stylus that does fit, but its pink. (it was for wiiU). Will they give me shit about this?

EatMyFace

Banned
Don't trade Gamestop ANYTHING.

Using the PS3 as an example, they take a 160gb console for only about $50. (with this bonus I guess this would add up to $75. Still crap. Many PS3 games aren't even worth a dollar.(Go ahead check out some of your old games)

It's ridiculous how Gamestop takes your stuff and sells it for like 3-15x profit. If you trade your stuff to Gamestop you are getting ripped off. If Gamestop can sell a used PS3 with a few games for $160-$200, why can't you??

If you are anything like me and you buy most games Day 1 at full price then Gamestops trade-in values should make you SICK.

Hip Hop

Using the PS3 as an example, they take a 160gb console for only about $50. (with this bonus I guess this would add up to $75. Still crap. Many PS3 games aren't even worth a dollar.(Go ahead check out some of your old games)

It's ridiculous how Gamestop takes your stuff and sells it for like 3-15x profit. If you trade your stuff to Gamestop you are getting ripped off. If Gamestop can sell a used PS3 with a few games for $160-$200, why can't you??

If you are anything like me and you buy most games Day 1 at full price then Gamestops trade-in values should make you SICK.

PS4 - $345
Wii U - $232
3DS XL - $101.50

this was a rip-off?

aka_bueno

Ok so as my procrastination sets in, i waited the last day to do this.

I want to trade in my 3dsXL, but I cant find the original stylus. I have a stylus that does fit, but its pink. (it was for wiiU). Will they give me shit about this?

Today is the last day for this promo?

Traded in my wii u last week for $223. Picked up Sniper Elite 3 (ps4), pre-ordered Borderlands:Handsome Jack Collection (ps4), got the remaining $120 in psn gift cards which I used to pick up Helldivers, Assassins Creed:Freedom Cry and renew ps+ for a year. Still have about $35 left in psn credit which I will put towards Dark Souls 2:Scholar Of The First Sin when the digital pre-order goes up.

Akiraptor

I'm unsure if this trade in deal is still going on, but when I was browsing Gamestop's website, I noticed that PS Vita (used) has had a price reduction from $159 to $139. There's also a deal going on where you can get a Vita, 4GB card, and two games (Sonic and Batman) for $169.

I've heard great things about Persona 4 (I've never played a Persona game before) and Danganronpa, and I've not played Final Fantasy X yet. Think trading in some old things would make a Vita worth it? I'm a bit concerned that Sony will drop the price for new systems at E3, and I don't own a PS4 yet, so dunno if it'd be a good idea to jump in now.

Also I've never purchased a used system at Gamestop, are they reliable for that sort of thing?

Lemstar

I'm unsure if this trade in deal is still going on, but when I was browsing Gamestop's website, I noticed that PS Vita (used) has had a price reduction from $159 to $139. There's also a deal going on where you can get a Vita, 4GB card, and two games (Sonic and Batman) for $169.

I've heard great things about Persona 4 (I've never played a Persona game before) and Danganronpa, and I've not played Final Fantasy X yet. Think trading in some old things would make a Vita worth it? I'm a bit concerned that Sony will drop the price for new systems at E3, and I don't own a PS4 yet, so dunno if it'd be a good idea to jump in now.

Also I've never purchased a used system at Gamestop, are they reliable for that sort of thing?
You can get a cheaper used system elsewhere.

jrDev

Jesus, I don't even know if this was serious or not lol.

Anyways, I got my brand new 3dsxl for free because I sold back the stuff Im not using anymore and still left there with more credit with NO HASSLE. The best trade in I've EVER had at gamestop.

Top Bottom