• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

To people saying you need a pro card to get the deal that is just the employees lying to you to get sales. I did it without the pro card yesterday with no problems. I let my membership run out earlier this year and didn't renew as I rarely shop there.

tcrunch

To people saying you need a pro card to get the deal that is just the employees lying to you to get sales. I did it without the pro card yesterday with no problems. I let my membership run out earlier this year and didn't renew as I rarely shop there.

I thought this might be the case, but it actually paid for itself just on the 10% bonuses to my game trade-ins so I didn't mind.

BigBeauford

Not only was I able to sell all my Wii U stuff for a huge sum of money, but I just happened to see what they were giving for Destiny, and I got 27.50 for it! It was like only 8-10 bucks for it around November/December. May have been my biggest win of the trade in.

Traded in an original 3DS and a Wii just now for credit. Got the 50% bonus just fine. Signed up for a free card on the spot. No complications.

Thanks OP just traded in my 3ds xl for 150$ with stylus, AC adapter, and SD card.

Glad I didn't trade in for $100 during new 3ds launch.

150$ for 3ds Xl with stylus receipt says 100$ + 50$ bonus from 50% trade in bonus.

lol 1.60$ for sd card but I got alot extra ones laying around.
New or old 3ds xl? I'm looking at the site and it says (before bonus) $70 for 3ds xl and $100 for new 3ds xl. I think the guy at GameStop gave you the wrong value haha :D

New or old 3ds xl? I'm looking at the site and it says (before bonus) $70 for 3ds xl and $100 for new 3ds xl. I think the guy at GameStop gave you the wrong value haha :D

Holy shit. I just looked at my receipt again real carefully this time.

Definitely just traded in a old 3ds XL but the employee rang it up as a New 3DS XL.

dcx4610

I'd like to know what Gamestop does with this stuff. Surely they have warehouses full of old hardware and games they can't sell. Do they sell it for scrap or what?

MildSoss

Do you have to trade it in towards a new system? I tried to trade in my OG XL and the employee insisted that I had to trade it in towards some thing.

The employees there are so damn clueless some times.

Holy shit. I just looked at my receipt again real carefully this time.

Definitely just traded in a old 3ds XL but the employee rang it up as a New 3DS XL.

That's awesome. Too bad that's employee is probably in deep now after a mess up like that. They probably have a missing system in their inventory.

So they're pretty much clueless like I thought, they didn't even know the promotion was going on.

I don't see any thing on their website about this deal either, kind of hard to prove it to them too. lol
Yeah I couldn't find anything online but I did get an email from gamestop on Saturday saying there's extra 50% credit. Do you have a membership with GameStop (free or pro both work)? The promo should have come up automatically when they entered the item

Parad0x

Neo Member
So heres what i got back...

Wii U - $217.50
Nintendo Land - $2.75
Donkey Kong CT - $33.00
Super Mario 3d World - $33.00
Hyrule Warriors - $44.00
Smash Brothers Wii u - $44.00
Smash Bros Brawl - $22.00
MH3 Ultimate - $13.75
MK8 - $44.00
Nintendo Pro Wii u controller - $15.00
2 Offbrand pro wii u controller - $14.00
Total Instore Credit - $483.00

Not a bad deal if you asked me considering my wii u had been sitting there gathering considerable amount of dust... This is enough for 8 brand new $60 games... or an XBone + 2 new games...

Phenomenal deal.there just wasnt enough justification/reason for me to keep the Wii U.

jrDev

Got my brand new3DSXL and still had more credit left. I forgot that when you pay full with store credit they don't charge you tax. Left really happy and Nintendo is transferring my license to my new hardware within 2 days they told me! Love the new face tracking feature and overall speed and quality of the device! :)

GameStop gave me a loophole to get my new system after my fiancé said I can't buy anything new till after our wedding, so for anyone saying GameStop doesn't serve a significant purpose I am the best case study!

EDIT: Btw, when you contact Nintendo about license transfer, make sure you are ready to confirm atleast 5 of your eShop purchases(full games or demos). I had a hard time remembering the stuff I downloaded since I played most games from cards so it took way longer than I wanted. Had to have the rep wait while I logged into club Nintendo account to look at purchase history but she was very patient...

Krakn3Dfx

This still going on today or was it a weekend only thing?

Was thinking about trading in my 3DS XL for a n3DS XL, but if it's over, that makes my decision for me.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Amazon is currently offering $295 I think for the Sunset Overdrive White Xbox One. I think I'm going that route instead!

It will give me a week to beat Dead Rising 3, the only game I really care about on the system right now. Wish I could keep my controller as I love the look of the white one, but oh well.

Clawww

swapped in my TLOU ps4 + smash 3ds for $55 store credit. pretty nice considering I paid $20 for TLOU in the first place.

probably gonna put the money towards Xenoblade X

Wasn't able to trade in the old 3DS XL during the n3DS release promo, so I was happy to be able to get $105 for it this weekend which is about what I would have made selling it online after shipping and fees. Apparently I should have been given another $1.60 or so as I traded it in with an SD card, stylus, and AC adapter (and then had to blow $10 on a new AC adapter), but I won't complain. I just wish GameStop trained their employees to be consistent.

OP nails it.

o_O damn this may work out for me then. Ordered a n3dsxl from best buy, should arrive on Wednesday. Hopefully i can get it traded in before the promo ends and the value tanks

Wasn't able to trade in the old 3DS XL during the n3DS release promo, so I was happy to be able to get $105 for it this weekend which is about what I would have made selling it online after shipping and fees. Apparently I should have been given another $1.60 or so as I traded it in with an SD card, stylus, and AC adapter (and then had to blow $10 on a new AC adapter), but I won't complain. I just wish GameStop trained their employees to be consistent.

I preemptively bought some USB charge cables so that I can avoid the whole AC adapter issue and even charge from power packs on the go :D

BumRush

Unbelievable that Gamestop is doing this...especially with the amount they're giving for the Wii U. I paid $200 for it and I sold it for $217.50.

Gurrry

Quick question, if I have my 3ds Xl with the box and charger.. how much would I get? Did anyone else do this trade?

I would look at their site, but most of the time, what they try and give me is always less than what the site says.

How do i maximize my trade in profit?

3DS XL with stylus and charger gives $105.00, add an extra $1.60 if you give them the 4GB SD card (you don't need the SD card to trade it in). The box gives absolutely nothing extra, I think gamestop just throws it away anyways.

There really isn't anything else to it, I guess you can get a little more if you trade in a bigger size SD card but it's probably in the range of like $5 for a 32GB card.

Its pretty simple: until 3/16 console trade ins are giving a 50% bonus on top of what their website/app says you get. Its automatic, but you do need a PUR (or PUR Pro) membership. PUR is their rewards program, its free and you can signup before you do the trade. So verify what you expect as a trade value ($105 for a 3DS XL), sign up for PUR if you have never traded at gamestop before, and verify the amount you get before you finalize the trade. If it doesn't match up don't do the trade.

Fauve

Just upgraded to an N3DS. Between all my games I won't ever play again and my old 3DS, it only cost me ~$30. This was a good deal.

Crom

PS4 - $345

Wow. $345 for a PS4?

I am seriously thinking of trading it in and getting it again later for cheap. My Wii U has been keeping me busy and I am about to start Ori on my Xbox One.

Edit: Nevermind...just saw that all trade values have went way down. Oops

Yeah unfortunately trade in values all tanked hard, Gamestop must have hit the quantities they wanted for inventory. PS4 went from $345 to $230, Wii U went from $232 to $195, 3DS XL went from $105 to $90.

Even game trade values got hit hard so probably not worth it anymore, Best Buy is running a 30% trade value bump next week (sunday 3/15) for games (not hardware) so might be better to wait until then if you have some games to trade in.

bobawesome

Jesus Christ. The Wii U price is sinking like a stone.

And apparently none of the GameStops near me let you do this unless you're a Pro member.

Yeah unfortunately trade in values all tanked hard, Gamestop must have hit the quantities they wanted for inventory. PS4 went from $345 to $230, Wii U went from $232 to $195, 3DS XL went from $105 to $90.

Even game trade values got hit hard so probably not worth it anymore, Best Buy is running a 30% trade value bump next week (sunday 3/15) for games (not hardware) so might be better to wait until then if you have some games to trade in.

Best Buy only wants my 3dsxl for $11....

Trying to decide if I want to trade in my 3dsxl for $90 or try to sell it...fuck wish my new 3dsxl arrived yesterday instead of today...

Shauni

This wasn't mentioned in the OP, and I don't know if it's asked, but does this also apply to the PS2 trade-in they were doing? I was thinking if it did I might do that as a trade in for when I get Codename: STEAM tomorrow. $37.50 will pretty much pay it off, and it's not a horrible value for a PS2 I think.

ironcreed

Banned
Glad I got in on this. I miss my Wii U, but will grab another one cheap down the road for games like Xenoblade and Zelda. For now, I am just glad to have my 360 back. I got another PS3 at first, but I had to take it back because it was a dud that would not let me complete downloads.

Top Bottom