• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Managers Conference: Who's There?

mcdonnell

Who is at the Gamestop manager's conference in Vegas? It starts tonight or tomorrow and it is usually good for lots of breaking news.

jstevenson said that a lot of media folks would be present and that Ted Price would be showing off a brand new single player level of resistance 2...

I hope this isn't a "behind closed doors" sort of event, and that we actually get to see footage of the new level.

Private Hoffman said:
jstevenson said that a lot of media folks would be present and that Ted Price would be showing off a brand new single player level of resistance 2...

I hope this isn't a "behind closed doors" sort of event, and that we actually get to see footage of the new level.

there was one last year. it's not an event where everyone goes anyways :lol

hopefully on sony side they offer to talk about a LBP bundle to get all the preorders offered. ;3

Ashhong

its a gamestop managers conference...not a trade show. plus there is no lbp beta, at least not an open one.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Are there NDAs pending on what is shown at this event?

Just wondering.

I won't be there, I don't work at GS (lol), but one of my projects will be there. ;)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
A whole show dedicated to the games I will be asked to pre-order by GS clerks relentlessly for the next 3 months?? Oh please do give details!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Apparently you lucky bastard managers get copies of LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2 and Too Human for free.

purg3

slept with Malkin
MarkMan said:

Just wondering.

I won't be there, I don't work at GS (lol), but one of my projects will be there. ;)

SFIV arcade stick/pad?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MarkMan said:

Just wondering.

No NDAs.

Private Hoffman said:
No NDAs, so we should get footage of new resistance 2 hopefully? please, pretty please?

jstevenson said you may not get new footages but screens eventually from the press that's covering it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kagari said:
Apparently you lucky bastard managers get copies of LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2 and Too Human for free.
At release or now? Good stuff and truly a bastard worthy entitlement.

Its manager training over HR, and loss prevention stuff and other new initiatves that the company is working on.

Vendors come in to train the managers on new products coming out that holiday and next year.

Cameras arent allowed. Just a fyi. And it starts tonight like in 30-40 mins w/ Nintendo.

supposedly some stuff was shown, nothing new though

only thing i have managed to glean is an Animal Crossing/Wii Speak bundle IS happening at around $70...?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
DefectiveReject said:
supposedly some stuff was shown, nothing new though

only thing i have managed to glean is an Animal Crossing/Wii Speak bundle IS happening at around $70...?

Nintendo is keeping their series of awesome big announcements rolling.

Free Wii Points (4000), Marketplace Points, Animal Crossing free upon release, Gears 2 and Fable 2 free upon release, LBP free upon release, some older games (Greatest hits I think) and a bunch of shirts etc.

Less than least year actually.

Google

Kagari said:

So this might boost their $24,000 a year wage up by a couple hundred bucks or so?

this thread rocks cause we can id the gamestop people and bug the shit out of them just like when we walk into their stores!

daegan

Tonight I got to hear Cammie Dunaway say "shit". :lol

I am also apparently the only manager here who knows what Rhythm Heaven is, as NO ONE ELSE applauded it.

Evander

"industry expert"
daegan said:

I am also apparently the only manager here who knows what Rhythm Heaven is, as NO ONE ELSE applauded it.

For a moment after reading your post I confused it with guitar praise, and got VERY scared about the state of GS's inventory.

newsguy

I know a couple of people that went. Unfortunately the swag is from a Gamestop conference. This means when they get home they'll find out the CEO took it home, used it, and gave it to them like it was new.

daegan said:

What did she say about Rhythm Heaven?

daegan

El Pescado said:
What did she say about Rhythm Heaven?

Just a brief, basic gameplay description XD

She also mentioned when discussing GTA Chinatown Wars that you can "use the stylus to tattoo your gang members!"

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The keynote there should be starting any minute, and Ted is in the middle --- we won't be releasing footage of the level for a bit (till it gets a proper introduction to the gaming press) and hopefully no shaky-cam comes out (worst way to see it) but there will be screens as part of an up-coming cover story that should be out very soon.

jstevenson said:
The keynote there should be starting any minute, and Ted is in the middle --- we won't be releasing footage of the level for a bit (till it gets a proper introduction to the gaming press) and hopefully no shaky-cam comes out (worst way to see it) but there will be screens as part of an up-coming cover story that should be out very soon.

anyone from Gametrailers.com or at least will the footage be uploaded there? need pictures ;(

thuway

jstevenson said:
Hitting F5 religiously :D.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jstevenson said:

Hopefully they'll appreciate it.

Baconbitz

Banned
Please tell me there is a new policy where they will now give you 5 dollars for every game you trade in. Is that what they'll announce?:lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Baconbitz said:
Please tell me there is a new policy where they will now give you 5 dollars for every game you trade in. Is that what they'll announce?:lol

:lol Not likely to ever happen.

Top Bottom