• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop's 2015 GOTY is............(also sale.)

gS82mXu.png

Winner based on overall scores from Metacritic, Game Informer
SUBSCRIBE NOW
, and IGN. No list cuz GameStop ain't about it.

To celebrate GameStop is having a sale on The Witcher 3 and the Hearts of Stone Gwent bundle:
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...TanJQ-1n-A85-1c-2Ta1rD-i2AG2&cid=eml_10002330

Lock if I don't have the power to be a player.

Hoje0308

Banned
One of the best games I've ever played and it seems many others have gotten a lot of joy out of it as well. Any and all awards seem well deserved.

CHC

Crazy that a game can get such amazing press and sales, yet still drop in price so hard. It's good though, if it means more people will play it.

My personal favorite from this year as well.

Vex_

Banned
Crazy that a game can get such amazing press and sales, yet still drop in price so hard. It's good though, if it means more people will play it.

hmmmmm. I wonder why, right?

Interesting.

Anyways, the game scored well among critics. I think it is fair to say the game is of high quality.

I came in for the sale and it's only physical console versions so Europe is left in the dust. That PC version is still full price, shameful.

I leave disappointed.

Not really. The superior game was crowned.

I would strongly disagree....of those two games, I actually enjoyed and finished Bloodborne. I couldn't be bothered to finish Witcher 3 because I got so bored, even though I was close to the end. Very telling I say when a game can make me so uninterested in even finishing it when I put so much time into it, yet I loved every minute of Bloodborne.

border

The game is more than 6 months old......almost everything gets cheaper as time rolls on. Only a few franchises can maintain a $60 pricepoint year-round.

The game is more than 6 months old......almost everything gets cheaper as time rolls on. Only a few franchises can maintain a $60 pricepoint year-round.

Pretty much everything dropped in price this year. Even games that released at the end of the year like Fallout, CoD, Battlefront, Tomb Raider, etc.

Raven117

Gold Member

It came out in May...and a drop in price does not indicate "bomba" this far after its initial release.

TheGrue

I wish I could get the motivation to continue with this game. I think I'm about 50 hours in and just lost all drive to see it out. I beat Witcher and Witcher 2 and I think maybe the poor combat got to me after three games of it. It's so beautiful and I do like the stories these games tell, but I just don't enjoy the actual gameplay. Maybe I should just bump it down to Easy so I can mow through enemies and maybe get it done one day.

dlauv

I want that Gwent set so badly but their site never lets me buy anything.

Finding the Gwent sets standalone cost so much more.

TaterTots

Banned
I haven't really been keeping up with awards because opinions, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say The Witcher 3 has won the most GOTY awards?

Tosyn_88

I do plan to purchase this game again but I am waiting for when all the DLC has been released. It definitely set the bar for what an open world game can be and then some

RobNBanks

Banned

Game has been out for awhile. Sold a ton at it's $60 price point so it makes sense to sell it cheaper during all the awards. "oh this game won goty and it's only $30, let me try it out"

pretty much only Nintendo hates price drops.

Can also buy it digitally for $25 on PSN/Xbox stores, although Gamestop is offering $12 trade in value which is higher than I expected. Still, its a 70+ hour game for most people so its not like you are going to beat it in a weekend and then trade it in.

I play a few hours a week, switched from physical to digital when it went on sale a few weeks ago (for $25) and its nice not having to eject the disc. I did buy the DLC at gamestop though for $10, you get a digital code inside and a deck of cards which I haven't even opened.

If you are on PSN and switch from physical to digital you have to redownload the game but keep your saves, on xbox you keep your install when you switch.

Majestad

Banned
I haven't really been keeping up with awards because opinions, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say The Witcher 3 has won the most GOTY awards?

Yeah, I think there's a blog that counts awards and the difference is like Witcher 87 GOTY's compared to the other closest game, which would be 13 haha.

Hoje0308

Banned
I would strongly disagree....of those two games, I actually enjoyed and finished Bloodborne. I couldn't be bothered to finish Witcher 3 because I got so bored, even though I was close to the end. Very telling I say when a game can make me so uninterested in even finishing it when I put so much time into it, yet I loved every minute of Bloodborne.

It says you enjoyed one game more than another, and not much else.

Dragon

Banned
I tried firing up after a large break and kept getting owned by a werewolf. There's something just up with the movement that I despise. I even tried the alternate movement.

This game is absolutely massive.

I'm doing Skellige missions at the moment and I have to be around 70 hours into the game...and I'm pretty sure I have a lot more to do. Insane.

And I own Hearts of Stone but haven't even installed it yet. This game is nuts.

Majestad

Banned
This game is absolutely massive.

I'm doing Skellige missions at the moment and I have to be around 70 hours into the game...and I'm pretty sure I have a lot more to do. Insane.

And I own Hearts of Stone but haven't even installed it yet. This game is nuts.

HoS is another good 20 hours of excellent content.

Top Bottom