• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop's new Ready at Dawn game will be announced next week

DieH@rd

Banned
As we all know, Gamestop has recently unveiled their new game publishing arm "GameTrust", with contracts with Insomaniac, RAD, Frozenbyte and TequilaWorks. Looks like we will get pre-E3 announcement about new game from Ready at Dawn!

Insomniac’s Song of the Deep will be the first game to be released under GameTrust, being scheduled to become available on July 12 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. But yesterday, GameStop’s COO Tony Bartel said during the Q1 2016 earnings call:

"Next week, we will be announcing our second game under development, with Ready at Dawn."

It sounds like the announcement is coming well ahead of E3 2016, though Ready at Dawn might be showcasing the game in some form during the convention. We know very little about the game itself, though some details can be gleaned from the job listings.

"We are in the pre-production phase of an exciting new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP we are creating. In addition, we are also in full production on a cutting edge VR experience, in partnership with Oculus. Our team is growing, so come join one of the preeminent independent video-game developers in the world."
http://wccftech.com/the-order-1886-developers-new-game-to-be-announced-next-week/

/lock the thread after 5-6 cinematic hours if old

Does GameStop publish games on mobile as well? Would like to see what they could do with mobile hardware. They've clearly had a knack for getting the most out of stuff with Ghost of Sparta and The Order.

Either that, or I wouldn't mind seeing them take on the 3DS and Vita.

2thepoint

Loved The Order.

Cant wait to see whats next.

Wonder if the engine is Sony property as it ia just spectacular.

WaterAstro

Wow, didn't know about GameStop funding games.

It'll be funny when they realize they're losing a ton of potential revenue with trade-ins. lol

dugdug

Banned
Bummer that it won't be a sequel to The Order, but, simultaneously happy it didn't bury them as a studio. They deserve another chance, so, I'm definitely interested to see what's next.

IvanJ

Banned
AAA third-person action console title?

I hope they've learned some lessons from their latest such title.
I expect very little from them, I hated The Order completely.

DieH@rd

Banned
Loved The Order.

Cant wait to see whats next.

Wonder if the engine is Sony property as it ia just spectacular.

" Said another way, we are platform agnostic at this point - just like most gamers. Further, our technology now supports multiplatform development. Since the release of The Order, we have been very hard at work to advance our engine and technology to a place where we can deliver our games on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and one other unannounced platform that you will soon find out about."
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

All signs point that they will thankfully continue using their engine in future projects. :) They also showed [at some dev event] Order 1886 running at 60fps on PC.

Seaklng

Banned
Does GameStop publish games on mobile as well? Would like to see what they could do with mobile hardware. They've clearly had a knack for getting the most out of stuff with Ghost of Sparta and The Order.

Either that, or I wouldn't mind seeing them take on the 3DS and Vita.
Kongregate is their mobile app division

Zukkoyaki

Just because The Order was a disappointment doesn't mean Ready At Dawn isn't on my radar. Anyone developing AAA games has my attention to some degree. Hopefully it's good and successful!

Carl

The Order was an absolute blast and one of my favourite games of last year. Look forward to seeing what RAD do next

Mifec

Will prolly fail like The Order and then the talent working there can be free of Dana Jan and their horrible PR.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Not expecting this to be a big title at all. They have a number of games in development, and this'll most likely be the smaller one.

Given how many copies of The Order 1886 are in my local Gamestops used section, GS becoming their publisher seems fitting.

Anyway they seem like a talent bunch. I hope this game is good. The god of war PSP games are great.

"Play a video game all about selling video games. Take a step onto the other side of the register, in a game where you see just how low you can get people to sell their new games back to your stores—in order to sell them right back for double the money.

Spend time empowering your employees with misinformation, training your sales force to only sell preorders, gutting new copies in the back room, or convincing customers to buy warranties for games."

"Nostalgic." - Game Informer

"$55 out of $60" - GameSpot

Ok I'm done lol. Totally not serious. Looking forward to the reveal. I really enjoyed The Order.

KevinCow

Banned
Gamestop is getting into publishing games?

So like... how is this going to work? Are they going to only sell this game at Gamestops? No other stores, no digital release?

Cardon

Can't wait for all the dumb and out of touch posts, both here and on other places, complaining about how this new project is a "downgrade" visually when it doesn't match the same fidelity as The Order.

That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing what RAD does next, both in general and to see if they address the common design criticisms that people had against The Order. I personally enjoyed The Order, but it was far from being a perfect cinematic action game.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The Order was great, looking forward to seeing what they do next.

Wish we were getting a sequel.

Why are they showing the order on PC? Just to demo multiplatform capability? Or is there a chance of a PC release?

I would totally triple dip on The Order PC just to see it at 4K 60fps.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So what is this? A multiplatform game made by ready at dawn published by gamestop? Does sony have rights to RaDs engine?

"Play a video game all about selling video games. Take a step onto the other side of the register, in a game where you see just how low you can get people to sell their new games back to your stores—in order to sell them right back for double the money.

Spend time empowering your employees with misinformation, training your sales force to only sell preorders, gutting new copies in the back room, or convincing customers to buy warranties for games."

"Nostalgic." - Game Informer

"$55 out of $60" - GameSpot

Ok I'm done lol. Totally not serious. Looking forward to the reveal. I really enjoyed The Order.

I heard it's a prequel to The Order. They're calling it The Preorder.

sorry, i'll get my coat
You guys....

Let me breathe!

THE:MILKMAN

" Said another way, we are platform agnostic at this point - just like most gamers. Further, our technology now supports multiplatform development. Since the release of The Order, we have been very hard at work to advance our engine and technology to a place where we can deliver our games on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and one other unannounced platform that you will soon find out about."
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

All signs point that they will thankfully continue using their engine in future projects. :) They also showed [at some dev event] Order 1886 running at 60fps on PC.

What platform could that be? Can't be Neo (no exclusive games) or Scorpio (too early if late 2017?) , NX (already announced)....?

Shauni

Wow, didn't know about GameStop funding games.

It'll be funny when they realize they're losing a ton of potential revenue with trade-ins. lol

Gamestop is getting into publishing games?

So like... how is this going to work? Are they going to only sell this game at Gamestops? No other stores, no digital release?

If I'm not mistaken (and someone correct me if I am), the physical copy of their first published title, Song of the Deep, will have a physical release only at GS, but will have a wide digital release.

DayEnder

What platform could that be? Can't be Neo (no exclusive games) or Scorpio (too early if late 2017?) , NX (already announced)....?

They haven't formally announced NX yet...just that they have a new system coming with a codename. Then again maybe Apple or Amazon is making a real push into the console space?
/s but not really cause they have the money to do it

I can see the headlines now:
Amazon in partnership with Sega presents Dreamcast 2

Gono

Banned
Think I've already read about this, couple weeks ago.

Hopefully, they will focus on gameplay and leave the cut-scenes and storyline aspects to people who actually know how to do them.

SOR5

Say what you want about The Order, that IP definitely deserves another chance, you can have the stunning graphics and setting and expand so much more on top of it

Skux

They have the AAA production, they just need compelling gameplay to back it up. Hopefully they can deliver this time.

THE:MILKMAN

They haven't formally announced NX yet...just that they have a new system coming with a codename. Then again maybe Apple or Amazon is making a real push into the console space?
/s but not really cause they have the money to do it

I can see the headlines now:
Amazon in partnership with Sega presents Dreamcast 2

A bit of a stretch to say NX isn't announced. It has been announced to release in March. We just haven't seen it or know much of anything about it!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Link?
Doesn't Sony own that IP? Some alarms are ringing for some reason unless Sony allowed it.

SOR5

They have the AAA production, they just need compelling gameplay to back it up. Hopefully they can deliver this time.

I really think even the gameplay is fine, it just needs fleshing out longer
The Order 1886 as a stepping stone, really is on to something

Son Of D

If I'm not mistaken (and someone correct me if I am), the physical copy of their first published title, Song of the Deep, will have a physical release only at GS, but will have a wide digital release.

Wonder if that means that it'll just be download only outside of the US. I know Gamestop have international stores but the publishing side is probably just Gamestop US.

AudioEppa

Hopefully they keep this game the same way they approached the order.

Clearly some people had issues with 1886, but those issues are what I find appealing about a game. If they can add in more 'gameplay' to satisfy those who need it, cool. Just hope they're making a game they actually care about, and not something based on pressure to appeal to people who were not a fan of their previous game.

I'll be watching to see what their next project is. Hopefully it's another day one buyer.

Top Bottom