• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametap is the best value in gaming right now. So why aren't you on it?

dock

This would be awesome if it was on console.
...and available to non-americans.

It doesn't interest me on PC, I don't like playing games at a desk, it's too close to work.

xsarien

daedsiluap
MidgarBlowedUp said:
How is paying like $50 per month to play old games a deal:lol :lol :lol

M.A.M.E = Illegal
All other emulators = Illegal

I just don't get some people:lol

Fixed.

GameTap, VC, XBLA and PSN are aimed at people who either don't know how to properly run an emulator and/or want to play games without exploring the dark alleys of the Internet for content.

VALIS

Tain said:
I tried it when it came out and it blew.

I tried it when Sam and Max Episode 1 came out and it was fantastic. Beats the living shit out of XBLA, VC, and PSN. I really wish the console services would have a subscription pay model, by the way.

Yep, that's why I made this thread. Last time I had Gametap it was a glitchy piece of junk. Half my time was spent trying to configure it or talking to tech support people. Having just downloaded it again for the first time in... I guess it's about 2 years, no problems whatsoever! Well, once I disabled Windows Blinds, that is. Since then it's been smooth sailing.

MidgarBlowedUp said:
How is paying like $50 per month to play old games a deal:lol :lol :lol

M.A.M.E = FREE
All other emulators = FREE

I just don't get some people:lol

Yeah, I don't get some people either. Like the ones who own themselves with big, laughy responses by only skimming the topic.

Gametap varies between $6.99 and $9.99 a month depending how much you pay up front. Just a liiiiiiittle less than $50, chuckles.

Besides, I adore MAME and have been a huge fan since it first came out. Every computer I own has Mame 32 and a full rom set on it. But why be a weasel pirate all the time? Why not throw a few bucks a month towards a consumer-friendly service that everyone gets to see a little bit of money from? That's the way I look at it.

Top Bottom