• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers E3 2015 Awards

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
For the elaboration for why something was nominated and subsequently chosen, watch the videos (YouTube):

Best Xbox One Exclusive:
Forza Motorsport 6
Halo 5: Guardians
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Best Wii U Exclusive:
Star Fox Zero
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker

Best PlayStation Exclusive:
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Multiplatform Game:
For Honor
Dark Souls III
Fallout 4
Street Fighter V

Best Debut:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Shenmue 3

Best Trailer:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Missing in Action:
Not Ben Moore

Game of the Show:
Dark Souls III
Fallout 4
For Honor
Halo 5: Guardians
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Nibel

Horizon should have won Best Debut; Shenmue 3 isn't even real yet. Should have a Best Surprise category.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Best Wii U Exclusive:
Star Fox Zero
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker

IHjW1rN.gif

Not from what I saw, Star Fox looks like a hot mess

Wingus

I'd have voted Super Mario Maker the best Wii U showing (especially if you take the NWC 2015 into consideration).

Other than that, Fallout 4 was my Game of E3 as well

Gestault

The Final Fantasy 7 Remake deserves it for Best Trailer, for having a sense of humor in their title cards with the momentary delay on "REMAKE." They built up that moment so well, especially after the port announcement at the last E3.

antitrop

Best Debut going to a Kickstarter campaign over Horizon is kind of sad.

Shenmue 3 will have a real debut, but this wasn't it.

Lakitu

st5fu
I wish all E3 presentations were similar to Fallout 4's. A good amount of gameplay footage with some unveilings of some gameplay systems in a delicious 30 minute package. But alas....

benny_a

For all the disagreement I'm surprised nobody has called out that Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't an Xbox One exclusive. (Xbox 360)

Game of Show was Horizon, most comments on the entire interwebs seem to say so, Fallout 4 is a lacklustre choice imo, as much as I can't wait to play it.

antitrop

The FFVIIr trailer was magnificent. Not seen or felt the impact of a trailer like that for a very long time.

It deserves it just for the way the narrator speaks to fans of the game literally, while also vaguely alluding to the plot of the game itself.

EDIT: I'm not a MGS fan, but I could probably easily be swayed into seeing how that is the best one, too.

Betty

Banned
Get outta here with giving FFVII the best trailer, best revelation, sure, but it's trailer was lacklustre and CGI!

MGSV was robbed.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
For all the disagreement I'm surprised nobody has called out that Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't an Xbox One exclusive. (Xbox 360)

?

It was never truly exclusive even ignoring 360. It's coming to PS4 later (thankfully), it just has timed exclusivity on next gen for now.

enigmatic_alex44

i'm not a fan of the controls, but the level design is like if someone played star fox assault and tried to make a good game instead.

!!!

Star Fox Assault was such absolute trash. I was excited that Star Fox Wii U ditched the on foot stuff but then they revealed the chicken walker transformation; that combined with the Gamecube level graphics and the fact it's a "soft reboot" of 64 instead of a fresh new game has severely dampened my hype honestly.

AniHawk

!!!

Star Fox Assault was such absolute trash. I was excited that Star Fox Wii U ditched the on foot stuff but then they revealed the chicken walker transformation; that combined with the Gamecube level graphics and the fact it's a "soft reboot" of 64 instead of a fresh new game has severely dampened my hype honestly.

hence the 'make a good game instead.' i really liked the flow of the demo i played. you know, controls notwithstanding.

benny_a

A game that isn't even a game yet won best debut over Horizon? If you say so GT.
They are E3 awards.

How far along a game is, only matters in as far as some categories need to be either playable or seen to he be controlled live. They are not judging the final game, just the E3 presence.

hodgy100

Since when did star fox look bad? It was the best game nintendo showed at e3 in my opinion. its not a looked. but the gameplay looks great :)

Best Debut for me is Horizon

the others candidates are a sequel and a reboot..... granted there were highly anticipated but for a new I.P to cause enough murmur in such a crazy press conference warrants my approval

Plus it debuted with gameplay showing exactly what the game is compared to just a announcement and hype

injurai

Banned
I agree with Uncharted 4. I'm really glad we are getting TLG, not sure if it will be as glorious as we all make it out to be, but it looks really quaint. Horizon was a show stopper for sure.

But with U4, I can believe everything that they showed me. Horizon we have no idea how it may yet turn out.

Game4life

Banned
I want to get excited for Fallout but I am afraid it will just be another trekking simulator with piss poor core mechanics. I really cannot play it if the shooting is as terrible as Fallout 3. After Fallout 3 and Skyrim I am vary of the shit mechanics in Bethesda RPG's.

farisr

Star Fox over Mario Maker?

Huh.
Not from what I saw, Star Fox looks like a hot mess
But Star Fox Zero looks like hot ass.
Agreed with Fallout 4 getting 'Game of the Show', but Star Fox winning over anything in Wii U category is laughable to me.

I don't know who was involved in voting/deciding, but if Bosman was involved, that can definitely explain why Mario Maker didn't win.

Also, maybe Brandon didn't vote for it either because of THIS (LOL)

Burt

I never really see the point of arguing the actual picks for things like this, but I will say that I'd much prefer an actual round table/GT-time sort of thing to the format they're using. The one-directional voiceover is basically 'PR as opening paragraph on Wikipedia', and it's especially dull in contrast to the personality the site showed during their actual stream of E3. Like, I was fine keeping the GT stream on while Bosman bumbled his way through a 3-hour dead period, but I can't stand this sort of scripted, robotic build-up nowadays.

But yeah, on topic, Fallout doesn't really do it for me.

Top Bottom