• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Lair **New** "HD" clips

Deepblue said:
Holy crap? Did Julian just say that Lair is the first thing to do Dragons with bat wings? That guy is batshit insane. Seriously, the dragons look like any other Western vision I've seen.

Also: "You can burn them because they have fur, and fur is good for burning."

:lol

Gold.

Deepblue said:
:lol :lol :lol

@ the trailer

"IN A WORLD!"

I'm personally saddened that it was mostly the TGS06 CG though with only snippets of game play. I could've probably cut together a better trailer. The game's setting definitely deserves better.
Deepblue said:
Oh god not again.

1. Old.
2. It used to list 360 programmer as well. They must have filled the position.
3. Debunked. They are porting the engine, not the game.

Also, just because you can't make topics, don't derail other threads.
So look at your lasts posts...

Trollin?

REV 09 said:
i'm noticing a lot of folks harping about the presentation aspects of the game...and rightfully so, the music is epic, the cutscenes are gorgeous, the in-game visuals are quite good, and hell even the box art looks awesome. However, there is still something that keeps butting its head into my excitement for this game....and that's the gameplay itself. Flying around looks amazing, but nearly every action that the dragons perform looks "off". All of that ramming and physicality that the 3rd vid displayed was imo both awful and awkward. It doesn't look right. The QTE moments don't look right, the ground combat doesn't look right. The FLYING looks perfect though. Maybe i'll feel different when i play it, maybe they'll fix some of the animations before release...i don't know. But that Music vid makes me soo hyped for the game..then i see the "game" under the presentation and it goes away a bit. The demo will probably tell all...overall, i am excited to get my hands it though.

This is Factor 5's ump-teenth flight sim, so I take it by now they know what they're doing. I welcome the physcial aspect of the game, makes it more than just a 'point your reticule and shoot' game. The gameplay should be deep.

Deepblue

Banned
Thunderbear said:
While I agree with you, though I probably wouldn't go as far as calling him batshit insane, I love how much positivity you bring into any PS3 thread that you enter <sarcasm>.
:rolleyes:

Insane in the same way as Molyneux or Dyack, as in, lovably. :)

Also, not everything needs to be positive. If I see something I don't like I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and say "ohmygod best ever."

Also: Really? Really?

Am I trolling when I laugh at the ridiculous "In a world" guy. I did the same thing for the UT3 trailer. Why are people dead set on being so pretentious?

I suspect you are trying take offense where none is to be found.

Wollan

So the planet is dying because some dragons is having an orgy? Those reptiles only think of themselves. 'Look at ME! I'M so beautiful! Don't you wish you were ME? I love ME, who do you love?? ME ME ME!'.

Deepblue said:
Really? Really?

Am I trolling when I laugh at the ridiculous "In a world" guy. I did the same thing for the UT3 trailer. Why are people dead set on being so pretentious?

No I'm not taking offense it's just that your past three post were negative.

Thats all.
Thunderbear said:
While I agree with you, though I probably wouldn't go as far as calling him batshit insane, I love how much positivity you bring into any PS3 thread that you enter <sarcasm>.

Deepblue said:
Holy crap? Did Julian just say that Lair is the first thing to do Dragons with bat wings? That guy is awesomely delusional. Seriously, the dragons look like any other Western vision I've seen.

Also: "You can burn them because they have fur, and fur is good for burning."

:lol

Gold.

Not really. I've seen very few dragons with wings attached all along the length of their body. I could be wrong, however, but it certainly doesn't seem common. Dragon wings are certainly usually "bat-like" but they also come to a very small point and are not spread along the entirety of the creature's body.

I actually don't like the bat design, but I'll get over it.

Deepblue

Banned
InterMoniker said:
No I'm not taking offense it's just that your past three post were negative.

Thats all.

Last time I checked humor was a positive emotion. Also, see my above note about negativity.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Not really. I've seen very few dragons with wings attached all along the length of their body. I could be wrong, however, but it certainly doesn't seem common. Dragon wings are certainly usually "bat-like" but they also come to a very small point and are not spread along the entirety of the creature's body.

Right, but the game incorporates both the bat design, which is still fairly common, and the more familiar dragon design (in the main character's dragon).

Either way - dragons are awesome and deserve more games about them.

Kittonwy

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:

The ice dragon reminds me of the wyrm from LOTR.
Indifferent2.gif

Ajax

Banned
Deepblue said:

Also, not everything needs to be positive. If I see something I don't like I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and say "ohmygod best ever."

Maybe the fact that you're an annoying 360 fanboy that only comments negatively in every ****ing PS3 thread I've read has to do something with their bias against you. GTFO of PS3 threads if your feelings are hurt, afterall we already know what you're going to say before you say it.

mckmas8808

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Can I request something of gif masters up here?

Also, to show how impressive this game really is, could you guys also make gifs of the beginning of dev walkthrough pt. 1, when main character is still on foot,
Progressive mesh is a truly amazing technique.

Alright. Are you talking about this walking part right? Yeah it looks cool to me. Kinda makes me wish you could dismount off of your dragon and anytime and just walk around.

Lair_Animation_3.gif

mckmas8808 said:
Alright. Are you talking about this walking part right? Yeah it looks cool to me. Kinda makes me wish you could dismount off of your dragon and anytime and just walk around.

Lair_Animation_3.gif
Whoa did you see the dragon in the background get hit and drop like a fly. :lol

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Deepblue said:

It's your consistency. Want me to quote your 20 last posts in PS3 related threads?

mckmas8808 said:

Lair_Animation_3.gif

IT FALLS APART AT THE MICRO LEVEL GUYS.

(I've been waiting for someone to .gif that part)

Tieno

mckmas8808 said:

Lair_Animation_3.gif
Somehow that walking animation and pose reminds me of Saint's Row.

Treo360

REV 09 said:
i'm noticing a lot of folks harping about the presentation aspects of the game...and rightfully so, the music is epic, the cutscenes are gorgeous, the in-game visuals are quite good, and hell even the box art looks awesome. However, there is still something that keeps butting its head into my excitement for this game....and that's the gameplay itself. Flying around looks amazing, but nearly every action that the dragons perform looks "off". All of that ramming and physicality that the 3rd vid displayed was imo both awful and awkward. It doesn't look right. The QTE moments don't look right, the ground combat doesn't look right. The FLYING looks perfect though. Maybe i'll feel different when i play it, maybe they'll fix some of the animations before release...i don't know. But that Music vid makes me soo hyped for the game..then i see the "game" under the presentation and it goes away a bit. The demo will probably tell all...overall, i am excited to get my hands it though.

I feel exactly how you do, save for the being excited to get my hands on it. I'm cautiously optimistic.

alterego

mckmas8808 said:

Lair_Animation_3.gif

That's awesome.

Hey could you make a gif a few moments later where he takes off with the dragon?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Didn't gametrailers ever hear about white balance, noise reduction and contrast adjustment? These videos could look so much better with just a few tweaks :/

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Blimblim said:
Didn't gametrailers ever hear about white balance, noise reduction and contrast adjustment? These videos could look so much better with just a few tweaks :/
Ask satterfield. :)

Kosma

Banned
I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far......but I can't find any HD direct feed movies which kind of makes judging the graphics hard. Could someone help please?

Ajax

Banned
Deepblue said:
You must not read very much, or comprehensively.

What do you want to prove, that I hate fanboys? I do thus my harsh replies. And don't insult my intelligence by trying to convince me you're not one.

KTallguy

Banned
Anyway.

OMGWTFBBQ this game looks amazing.

I actually really enjoyed Rogue Squadron and other Factor 5 stuff, it was always polished and well made.

I have high hopes for this game, it really looks like nothing I've ever seen before, both with the dragon physicality and the amazing scale.

bud said:
the difference between the in-game footage and the cg is pretty noticable. it makes the game look mediocore :/

like you said, it's terrible.

????? what do you expect? The environment with the trees and ruins look really good. Like as impressive as the city

peace

bud

nelsonroyale said:
????? what do you expect? The environment with the trees and ruins look really good. Like as impressive as the city

peace

i expect them to not show cg since the game itself already looks great. but the cg looks waayyy better so when it cuts to ingame footage it looks meh (compared to the cg). just leave out the cg, that's what i meant.

spwolf

bud said:
the difference between the in-game footage and the cg is pretty noticable. it makes the game look mediocore :/

like you said, it's terrible.

it seems we are back to level one :)

bud said:
i expect them to not show cg since the game itself already looks great. but the cg looks waayyy better so when it cuts to ingame footage it looks meh (compared to the cg). just leave out the cg, that's what i meant.

agreed

Ceb

Doom_Bringer said:
From the way the CEO talks about it no! You start off as a good airforce pilot, defending your country and whatnot but by the end of the game the character has probably transformed into a Kratos like figure. Going around killing everyone with no regard for human life.

What? It's the other way around. :lol Oh, Doom...

Deepblue

Banned
Madman said:
Isn't it alpha footage?
It's factor 5's "alpha," but considering they only have 2/3 months left to get it to a final, I suspect they're alpha is far more advanced than most games' alpha builds.

It doesn't really matter if its Alpha footage, they aren't going to get it to look like that CG footage in the trailer. They shouldn't even feature the CG footage. SE has their CG because of large scale sequences, this game obviously doesn't have that issue they'er able to pull off large scale scenes with ease with this engine.

Top Bottom