• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Review: Need for Speed The Run is a TWO HOUR GAME (of SP racing), 8.4/10

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
_dementia said:
$60 movie ticket.
KuGsj.gif

rvy

Banned
Dibbz said:
Since when do we gauge how good a racing game is on how long the single player takes to beat?
As a racing game, The Run completely fails because of the handling model. As something else... seems like it completely fails too. 2 hours?

Wait,

2 hours? 8.4? For 2 hours? A 60€ game? OK.

Foffy

Banned
Totally worth the $60.

Maybe that explains why the on foot segments only require the use of one button to master the QTE stuff.

Seriously, that doesn't even sound like the game is worth renting..

Massa

rvy said:
As a racing game, The Run completely fails because of the handling model. As something else... seems like it completely fails too. 2 hours?

I liked the handling better than any of Criterion's games, but then again I think they handle like shit.

Kinyou

Dibbz said:
Since when do we gauge how good a racing game is on how long the single player takes to beat?
Depends. When there's nothing else left to do exept the multiplayer it is going to get boring really fast.

mclem

I'm not quite sure just how to interpret this. That is, I'd say there's about two hours' worth of *unique* content in, say, Mario Kart - the time to complete every race once.

Are they talking simply about how much unique content there is - in which case it's probably okay as long as there's enough motivation to replay it (something Mario Kart has no issue with!), or are they in fact saying that it's two hours with all the replaying you're likely to do, in which case that's a bit crap.

jett

D-Member
Are you only driving electric cars in this game or something?

lol at this game and its developer. embarrassing stuff.

(._.) said:
wonder what the game did that added on a .4 keeping it from being just an 8.

"EA" stamped on the boxart.

mclem said:
I'm not quite sure just how to interpret this. That is, I'd say there's about two hours' worth of *unique* content in, say, Mario Kart - the time to complete every race once.

Are they talking about how much unique content there is - in which case it's probably okay as long as there's enough motivation to replay it (something Mario Kart has no issue with!), or are they in fact saying that it's two hours with all the replaying you're likely to do, in which case that's a bit crap.

Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't be too quick to yell "loool video games today".

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Well they couldn't have given it an 8.4/10 just based on the SP, right? I don't want to watch that review, but what other things does this game have?

benzy

Hasn't this been in development for 3 years? That's a longer development time than any NFS this gen right?

Aaron

rvy said:
2 hours? 8.4? For 2 hours? A 60€ game? OK.
Gametailers overrates most big publisher games by an order of magnitude equaled only by the most desperate of fan sites. Seriously, their scale should go to 12 so they can properly rate legit incredible games.

Edit: Wow, they gave Bodycount a 5. I'm guessing their scale bottoms out at 4 then.

Top Bottom