• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

No
Silent Hill
mention in the new Huber Hype? For shame. No other enviroment comes guns blazing like
Silent Hill 1 in the very beginning.

tok9

He said you should be able to download any tracks regardless of what DLC you own.

Ya I was thinking that alright but when I clicked it a pop up for €10 came up.

I'll check it out again tomorrow after work. Haven't played trials in ages so I'll probably be rubbish! :)

I was watching the Kinda Funny video about games media personalities. Tim was speaking highly of Gametrailers and Greg mentioned Kyle bad mouthing them. In what episode did this happen?

I'm sure they took his comments the wrong way, or does Kyle really have something against them?

Auctopus

I was watching the Kinda Funny video about games media personalities. Tim was speaking highly of Gametrailers and Greg mentioned Kyle bad mouthing them. In what episode did this happen?

I'm sure they took his comments the wrong way, or does Kyle really have something against them?

Kyle constantly says harsh things against other media outlets, he's 99% joking most of the time. He's ripped Kotaku in TFB before.

I don't remember which episode it was, but he said something like "I don't think that they're kinda funny".

They mentioned something about Kyle using them as an example of sell outs. At least that's what they thought. I also don't remember that ever happening. Probably it was blown out of proportion, Greg seemed uncomfortable with Tim talking about it.

This is the Kinda Funny video.

oh noes...first gb vs gt now vs. kfg lol

Nah. Nothing remotely close to that. I just was interested in seeing that video of Kyle. Basically to see if they were in fact blowing his comment out of proportion.

RedAssedApe

Banned
They mentioned something about Kyle using them as an example of sell outs. At least that's what they thought. I also don't remember that ever happening. Probably it was blown out of proportion, Greg seemed uncomfortable with Tim talking about it.

This is the Kinda Funny video.

starts around the 13:30 mark. Greg probably just annoyed because Tim made a comparison between Greg and Kyle. dat ego...jk...i don't really think anyone is butt hurt here. at least i hope not lol

FYI here's the video. Seems harmless enough...

http://youtu.be/8CNhfxcUQsI?t=239

UrbanRats

Kyle constantly says harsh things against other media outlets, he's 99% joking most of the time. He's ripped Kotaku in TFB before.

I don't think he was just joking, he probably meant it, however he just said he didn't find their humor all that funny, which is fine (i don't either, i don't like Kind of Funny Games).
Wasn't really a personal attack or anything worth getting upset over (also watching the video, Greg Miller didn't really seem "pissed").

Opinion Yell is the best and this weeks episode was even better than the last one!

And you know what's even better?, watching Opinion Yell with Automatic CC ON. Poor google, trying to decipher what the hell are they saying.

k2hbdzb.jpg

tok9

Surely there is more to it than just that? That was extremely harmless and all they seemed to mention on Kind funny was how he called them sell outs.

Main reason I check out Kinda Funny is Colin.

wiibomb

Auctopus

Really enjoyed that episode. Good chat and it was cool to finally see Marcello's.

I knew GT's building had other companies in it but I didn't think it was going to be that elaborate.

Note: Good episode for petrolheads (Never thought I'd say that about TFB, haha), they walk past an Aventador at one point and a few other cars.

Fun episode, but holy crap Americans do not walk outside, I saw maybe 7 people tops walking on the streets (besides the crew). Their in L.A. right? One of the biggest cities in the U.S. right? Kyle, Ian and Elyse were the only thing bringing some life to those empty streets.

LA is not a walking city. LA is about 450 square miles, comprised of a lot of different sections like Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. Everything is extremely spread out. New York City, by comparison, is extremely compact in 26 square miles (13 long x 2 wide). This is Manhattan, specifically. Everything is walkable, and nearly everyone walks. Because it's so compact, it's not very car-friendly. Pack a few million people into 26 square miles and driving becomes nearly impossible. Pack a few million people into 450 square miles and it's a different story.

Here's a picture of your average avenue in Manhattan:

stock-footage-people-walking-in-new-york-city.jpg

Also, the entirety of Los Angeles County is referred to as LA by people who aren't from LA. Whereas when people say New York City, everyone instantly assumes Manhattan, when there's actually 5 boroughs that make up New York City. Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, and Brooklyn. The entirety of New York city is roughly 450 miles as well. No one is going to walk from The Bronx to Queens haha.

Fun episode, but holy crap Americans do not walk outside, I saw maybe 7 people tops walking on the streets (besides the crew). Their in L.A. right? One of the biggest cities in the U.S. right? Kyle, Ian and Elyse were the only thing bringing some life to those empty streets.

It's just a random neighborhood street in Beverly Hills, not a main road or anything. If they were on Hollywood Blvd. or something it would be a different story. Also, LA's a huge city, but it's very spread out and it's true that most people drive just about everywhere they go. Partly because it's so spread out.

J-Skee

Ha, that episode was great. Kyle is absolutely right about how MKX went about it. It just felt wrong. And Tekken 7 will absolutely feel dated if you have to buy everything. I mean, if you really think about, we're just going back to the way unlockables were handled before DLC, but with the added bonus of connecting to digital stores & buying them the content as well.

Also, I never brought this up, but have always thought about it, but as a guy, is it weird that I really like Elyse's hair? It has that ombre effect going on & it looks great.

....I'll see myself out now.

Ha, that episode was great. Kyle is absolutely right about how MKX went about it. It just felt wrong. And Tekken 7 will absolutely feel dated if you have to buy everything. I mean, if you really think about, we're just going back to the way unlockables were handled before DLC, but with the added bonus of connecting to digital stores & buying them the content as well.

Also, I never brought this up, but have always thought about it, but as a guy, is it weird that I really like Elyse's hair? It has that ombre effect going on & it looks great.

....I'll see myself out now.

It sure looks like hair I guess.

They should absolutely do this style of video from now on when big things happen in the industry, maybe figure out a way to get mic'ed up without holding out a microphone and they're golden.

Offering multiple currencies, one bought with real money and another earned in game, for the purchase of additional content is pretty much F2P 101. I don't know that any of the F2P fighting games have done it yet, though. Mostly you see it in mobile and PC games. It's certainly a novel way to deliver additional content over the life of SFV. Since everyone will get the same balance updates (and I'd guess stages as well) people will only have to grind or pay for new characters or costumes if they actually want them above and beyond the base 16 included in the first iteration.

Top Bottom