• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Huber's Hype already up.

He's off to China for two weeks now, so the next couple of episodes will be pre-recorded. But where does this leave Tabletop Adventures?

Does this strike anyone else as odd? For whatever reason I just don't imagine Huber saving up money for a summer vacation to China.

My imaginary theory - Shenmue Kickstarter team is aware of the table-slaps heard 'round the world and the earnestly-shed tears of hype. Why not fly Huber to China with Yu Suzuki and team for some early location scouting for a backer update to keep momentum sky-high after the KS has concluded. Do I really believe this? Probably not, but for Huber's sake I might as well dream it.

Burt

Huber combo breaker, but I watched entirely too much Tabletop Adventure today. Didnt have much interest in it originally because I'm not a DnD guy, but I gave it a try and goddamn, it's hilarious. I seriously think I went through like 6-7 episodes today just leaving it on in the background, and there were multiple times it had me crying. Highly recommend it if anyone's skeptical.

I'm seriously tempted to take a stab at some context-correct fan art at some point, because they showed some during the recap episode but it missed the point of illustrating the horrific injuries and ailments they'd brought on themselves by allowing the Orc equivalent of a Home Alone villain make decisions.

*spit check*

wiibomb

Very sombre and heartfelt Final Bosman this week, you can tell it's affected Kyle a lot :(

I've been in a rollers coaster of emotions all these days because of the news, and while I was good, this ep me reminded me of how good iwata was for Nintendo, he will be very much missed

Every Thursday they play through FFVII –– sorry I meant today they play through, not right now haha.

It's not on the schedule for this week. Here's what's currently planned.

Wednesday, July 15
6PM PT - GT Live
From Neverending Nightmares to Devastated Dreams

Thursday, July 16
6PM PT - GOD OF WAR III REMASTERED
Brad Ellis

Friday, July 17
6PM PT - FINAL FANTASY XIV
Ben Moore

It's not on the schedule for this week. Here's what's currently planned.

Wednesday, July 15
6PM PT - GT Live
From Neverending Nightmares to Devastated Dreams

Thursday, July 16
6PM PT - GOD OF WAR III REMASTERED
Brad Ellis

Friday, July 17
6PM PT - FINAL FANTASY XIV
Ben Moore

Ah man, I'm bummed out but I'll happily watch the GoW 3 Remaster and FFXIV.

Visceir

It's cause we really don't have to do any uploading or processing on our end. Just set the in and out points and it goes straight from Twitch to YouTube.

Why are videos on GT Reviews channel always age-restricted when they initially go up? Just wanted to watch the new GT Live but instead I'll have to go watch the twitch archive instead.

Why are videos on GT Reviews channel always age-restricted when they initially go up? Just wanted to watch the new GT Live but instead I'll have to go watch the twitch archive instead.

We age-restrict anything applicable per the ESRB. Not complying would quickly result in publishers demanding we pull down content and ceasing to work with us.

sora87

I like the idea of Blood just waiting around until midnight-1am for Ben and Brad or Huber to finish a play through friday :p

Mushbert

Neo Member
I was listening to the E3 Recap episode of GT Time, and I still don't get why they sing "Get up on that desk", which is sad because I really like when they do it. Is a joke that came out during the E3 coverage? Does someone know why they sing that? And what has to happen to make them sing that? Or it's just a random situation?

gazele

Banned
I was listening to the E3 Recap episode of GT Time, and I still don't get why they sing "Get up on that desk", which is sad because I really like when they do it. Is a joke that came out during the E3 coverage? Does someone know why they sing that? And what has to happen to make them sing that? Or it's just a random situation?

Yeah, its a joke from E3 coverage

They did like 12 hours a day for three days and got kind of loopy

Started singing that or the reverse "get up off that desk" when changing who was going to be on for the next segment

Visceir

Why is that? Even if you don't want to sign into youtube to avoid the age restriction, you can just change the link from:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZ
to
www.youtube.com/v/XYZ

And you can just watch it.

I have an old ass youtube/gmail acc that got messed up somehow, I've changed the age but it still won't work. I don't want to abandon it since it has 1000+ favorites videos from like year 2006 onwards.

I'm aware that you can still watch the videos, but it also makes them full screen and since I was at work I couldn't do that.

I imagine it's just a technique Kyle used to get everyone back in the zone again.

poor don. i thought his level at least looked really cool. devastator of dreams!

The game dev represented a lot of things many of gaf (and Ian) dislike about current video games (lowering the difficulty and dumbing things down to be all inclusive). Don's level was cool.

Auctopus

Someone randomly started singing it during E3 after someone told a host/guest to "Get up on the desk". Now they all sing it.

I haven't been keeping up on the live streams as of late, have they gone back to Monopoly Plus to gametrailersburg (or whatever the custom board was called XD)? Those games were hilarious.

Mushbert

Neo Member
Yeah, its a joke from E3 coverage

They did like 12 hours a day for three days and got kind of loopy

Started singing that or the reverse "get up off that desk" when changing who was going to be on for the next segment

Someone randomly started singing it during E3 after someone told a host/guest to "Get up on the desk". Now they all sing it.

I imagine it's just a technique Kyle used to get everyone back in the zone again.

Thanks guys, I got it now. Hoping they continue singing it from time to time.

I haven't been keeping up on the live streams as of late, have they gone back to Monopoly Plus to gametrailersburg (or whatever the custom board was called XD)? Those games were hilarious.

I think they did two or three Monopoly streams, but all of them where pretty close, they didn't came back to it after that. I'd love them returning to Monopoly Plus or one of the N64 Mario Party games.

Top Bottom