• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers to close after 13 years

Why? I didn't use GT much after Satterfield and Beer left, but they were good at what they did.

I at least hope their website/ Youtube stays active for legacy purposes.

Chozo_Lord

I liked their content but the gametrailers video player was hot garbage and they probably made less money on youtube views.

GameTrailers was my go-to site between around 2007-2009. Moved on to GiantBomb after that, but today's still a sad day. Best wishes to those affected.

Heartfyre

It's something that was plainly coming for a long time, but it cuts deep. Certainly the best personality-led gaming website. I'm really going to be missing their podcasts, personally. I looked forward to GT Time every week.

I hope they all find a way to keep working together. They all have such great chemistry. Kyle and Huber could easily get a great YouTube channel running together.

Femto.

This SUCKS!

GT was the only website/media outlet that I actually liked all of the crew members.

Such a shame, I hope everyone land on their feet soon.

God damn it. They had a great crew, and an amazing history. Getting axed like this is just awful.

I'll follow Bosman where ever he ends up.

Tevious

I liked their reviews and Bosman, but honestly, I didn't follow them or visit their site too much. Youtube channels kind of make gaming sites redundant, so I'm not too surprised.

W.S.

This sucks but I'm not all too surprised, they've been downsized so much that it seemed like getting shut down was right around the corner.

What I'm hoping is that some of these guys start up their own independent venture and not have to worry about having the corporate sword of Damocles hover above them. Anyway, best of luck to them and hopefully they'll move on to greener pastures.

This absolutely heart breaking. Best of luck to all those amazing people over there, and thank you for all of the years of great content.

End of an era.

Holy crap this is terrible. I've been watching GT ever since I've been interested in gaming. I remember the old days when AVGN aired on their and Shane and Marcus were on Invisible Walls.

Hopefully the guys working there can get back on their feet quickly. They have enough talent to start up their own independent YouTube channel, so that could be an option.

Kuni

That's a shame. I used to watch them a lot a couple of years back. Their reviews in particular were excellent and I found myself agreeing with them often.

That said I haven't been there for a while. I guess the parent company that bought them a little while back just pulled the plug. The didn't really seem to have an answer to YouTube sadly.

All the best to everyone affected today. Good you bounce back soon.

Andrefpvs

GameTrailers was my go-to site between around 2007-2009. Moved on to GiantBomb after that, but today's still a sad day. Best wishes to those affected.

Same here, except I moved on to... well, GAF, lol.

I'm still processing this, this is quite a loss :/

KRaZyAmmo

No. I'm sad. Gametrailers was the site that started me looking games much more (until I found gaf). I like and trusted their reviews. I hope they all can find something to land on their feet. This quite a big loss to me.

dreamfall

God damn, I love Brandon Jones. I visited their site daily in the Shane / Marcus IW years. One of my favorites. Profound sadness.

I-hate-u

This is so sad.

Pachattack, Bonus Round, Retrospectives, GT awards, invisible walls, Epic Battle Cry are all good memories.

RIP... Spent many of my gaming years on GT forums before joining GAF. Shout out to the omni gamers faction people who migrated to GAF.

Goodnight sweet prince.

News like this hasn't hit me this hard since 1up ended

So much of my routine of weekly shows and streams just ended

Man Bloodworth got fired while getting married

I would support a patreon of the core group in an instant.

wow i really did like them. 1st time i watched a video review was from them, then their main guys started leaving. SAD

Seems like now everyone will be doing or want to do their own thing. Game Media is changing rapidly

halfbeast

Banned
UGddONE.gif

at least we still got The Last Levelle, right? Right?

Tankard

Seriously. It depresses me to no end to think it's the last i see of these guys together.

Guys, please try to start your own thing, you guys create so much, please =(

Wow, I feel honestly devastated by this news.

Jesus this must have been super sudden I knew they didn't have much longer but I feel like there would've been more of a "This is gonna be the last month of GT", didn't Bosman have a new studio setup finished like last week?

GT was the first videogame website I regularly visited and it was how I discovered AVGN among all the other ScrewAttack stuff :(

Marow

What the...? It's completely out of nowhere. Were they just shut down with no notice? So confused right now.

Sad day.

Haven't cared about the website or gone to it in well over a year, but I've listened to every GT Time podcast. I still have 4 on my Nexus 6P. I'll just have to savor them. That sucks.

Top Bottom