• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Top 10 Divisive Games (at the GT office)

https://youtu.be/jjru5T9GLOc

Left is against, right is For

10. Metroid II (Ben Moore vs Daniel BloodWorth)
09. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Kyle Bosman vs Brad Ellis)
08. Shadows of the Damned (Daniel Bloodworth vs Michael Huber)
07. BioShock (Kyle Bosman vs Brandon Jones)
06. Alien Isolation (Brandon Jones vs Michael Huber)
05. Fallout New Vegas (Michael Huber vs Ben Moore)
04. Kingdom Hearts (Brandon Jones vs Brad Ellis)
03. Knack (Ben Moore vs Michael Huber)
02. Borderlands 2 (Brad Ellis vs Kyle Bosman)
01. The Last of Us (Ian Hinck vs Brandon Jones)

36 minutes of arguing. Worth watching

Burt

Can't see someone taking the neg on A Link to the Past.

RkaBwPu.gif

antitrop

More than half of these aren't even remotely divisive games.

Not generally divisive, specifically divisive amongst the crew of GT. They're only speaking for themselves.

There's no way they're saying The Last of Us is the most divisive game of all-time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
How dare you, Kyle.

HOW. DARE. YOU.

I can't believe what he said about A Link to the Past. What the fuck.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I respect anyone who'll defend Shadows of the Damned.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Bioshock 1, TLOU, and a Link to the Past don't belong on the list period. PERIOD.

Kingdom Hearts, although i enjoy the franchise and have followed it since a kid...yeah i can obviously see why its on the list

BY2K

Membero Americo
I feel like Bosman played ALTTP for the first time AFTER playing others like OoT and TP for him to say the things he said.

antitrop

Okay, I have to skip to the Link to the Past section.

Especially since it's my favorite Zelda game (or at least tied with Link's Awakening)... what have you done, Bosman?

Zafir

Bioshock 1, TLOU, and a Link to the Past don't belong on the list period. PERIOD.

Kingdom Hearts, although i enjoy the franchise and have followed it since a kid...yeah i can obviously see why its on the list

What?

How don't they belong on the list?

It's their team, I'm sure they can decide what was most divisive among them. :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What?

How don't they belong on the list?

It's their team, I'm sure they can decide what was most divisive among them. :p

Nobody is allowed to have bad opinions of those games! If i see one, they are wrong automatically :p

Jay RaR

Bosman hates ALTTP? That's a shock and a very rare opinion to hear.

In a way, I do get what he's saying since ALTTP basically has no story and the world does feel too 'gamey' most of the time. The dungeons do feel forgettable especially the Dark World dungeons since they all feel similar aside from the theme. Although ALTTP did age well, not seeing what Bosman is saying there.

His reasons for a coherent and believable world is probably why I like the Minish Cap more than ALTTP and is my favorite 2D Zelda.

Red Hood

Banned
How can people be divisive when it comes down to ALTTP, Fallout NV and BioShock? Best games in their respective series (except maybe for ALTTP, which is a close second after OOT for me).

Tankard

GT is killing with their content, so many interesting videos.

Kyle, please...you were the chosen one, I could forgive your "comedy" show, but this...

My personal picks in these battles:

10. Metroid II (Yeesh)
09. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Love
Kyle why?
)
08. Shadows of the Damned (Love)
07. BioShock (Love.... best Bioshock)
06. Alien Isolation (Hate)
05. Fallout New Vegas (Love...best Fallout)
04. Kingdom Hearts (Love)
03. Knack (Ok-ish)
02. Borderlands 2 (Hate both 1 and 2)
01. The Last of Us (Top 3 Game of the Forever)

Liked the Shadows of the Damned talk, didn't Bloodworth review that originally? I think I remember arguing about his review in the comments lol.

I kinda figured it would be Huber defending that one :p

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I gotta give props to whoever decided to use the Traverse Town theme for the intro, because that is the perfect choice. If you love KH, that song will give you pleasant memories of that hub area. If you hate KH, that song represents everything you despise about the game. The song along can start an argument.

I do not hate KH

Kyle Bosman is like a grown up child star trying to shake off his wholesome image by doing terrible things.

I ain't mad, though.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
After watching, every single argument that Kyle or Huber showed up, I was on their opposing side. Bloodworth and Moore know whats up...

Brandon also aped my arguments against KH quite well.

My friend literally has the exact same opinion about A Link to the Past. It even clouded his view of Link between Worlds being almost the same style of Zelda and literally the best Zelda in years.

He loves Zelda 2 though, to this day I cannot figure out why, lol

Knack isn't good or bad, it's just extremely mediocre.

But then I remember I paid £55 for it..... after reading reviews. So what the hell do I know.

Metroid II was a great game, I don't know why people hate on it so much.

I had fun playing Boarderlands 2 with three other people from start to finish. But as a single player game, I am divisive on it myself.

pa22word

Metroid 2 is massively underrated imo.

Sure it doesn't have a map, but it's a gameboy game...the map is small as hell anyways. The game has this super claustrophobic, lost in a nightmareish, almost submarine-like hellworld feeling to it that none of the other games in the series have.

Great game, imo, and not this massive turd most people who started playing the series at Super like to make it out to be.

Rockk

Kyle may be wrong about A Link to the Past but he's dead on about Bioshock. A real crummy game.

Not as crummy as Last of us tho. tehehehe

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Bosman's complaints are so odd on both ALttP and Bioshock, they're like weird nitpicks about worldbuilding that have very little to do with whether the game is good or not. Neil Gaiman would tell him to trust the story, not the storyteller. I kind of get what he's after on ALttP, but I'd like to hear him talk more in-depth about it.

I get disagreeing with Kyle about ALTTP, but the idea that he's saying that for clickbait is truly absurd. What I respect about Kyle is that he says what he truly believes, and even on his show he made fun of how he could be bigger if he compromised and didn't do the dumb stuff he loves to do.

Love you, Kyle.

pa22word

A lot of the consistency points he makes regarding Bioshock's enemies has more to do with them shoehorning the idea of the time period into a shamelessly obvious System Shock 2 remake, lol >.>

Like Yahtzee Croshaw said back in '08: "everything that was cyberpunk then is steampunk now...but how in the hell does a steam powered turret differentiate between friend and foe?!"

Top Bottom