• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers: Top Ten Games in 2016 That Might Suck

Hatchtag

Banned
Final Fantasy XV should be #1, because I can't think of a single game that comes out this year that would be more disappointing if it sucks.

Not surprised to see Battleborn take the top spot. I'd like a tally of how many times Jones has brought that game up in a negative light to compare it to other games.

He's spot on every time too.

I'd put Persona 5 on my list. I can't see it actually being possible for it to be bad but that's what would make it the WORST.

As for the proper list I think they're right on Battleborn. I am almost convinced it's gonna bomb hard just like Evolve if not worse.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Battleborn is already dead. The demo was terrible.

I share the concerns for No Man's Sky (possibly overhyped) and The Devision (want it to be good, but Ubisoft).

Hatchtag

Banned
Last Guardian would be on my list.

I'm actually pretty confident in that one. They'd have just cancelled it if it wouldn't be good, because there's no way it's budget is that big, and the game never had this ginormous scope to begin with. Ico/SOTC aren't huge games.

I really hope Star Fox Zero isn't true.

I love the Star Fox franchise and it would be a real shame if they release a quick cash-in instead of something memorable.

A quick cash-in would almost certainly result in poor sales, which would even further dissuade Nintendo management from a proper, quality iteration down the road, dooming the Star Fox franchise ad infinitum.

Ovek

7Member7
I can't imagine Quantum Break sucking, Remedy are a solid developer after all. It might be short though due to what I imagine are few project changes over it's life time due to the past few years of Microsoft/Xbox drama.

RulkezX

Wildlands?

Seems premature given we've only seen it at E3 lat year.

Some others had really iffy readoning as well.

Dark_castle

Final Fantasy XV should be #1, because I can't think of a single game that comes out this year that would be more disappointing if it sucks.

Honestly I think people who have very high expectations for FFXV, especially on GAF can be counted in one hand, figuratively speaking. And without high expectations, I don't think FFXV is going to disappoint much. I myself am still looking forward to the game, but I expect it to be just an okay game with some excellent aspects like graphics and music, better than FFXIII series overall, but that's about it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can't imagine Quantum Break sucking, Remedy are a solid developer after all. It might be short though due to what I imagine are few project changes over it's life time due to the past few years of Microsoft/Xbox drama.

Yeah, Quantum Break is the one entry on that list that I disagree with. It looks pretty cool so far to me. I understand the skepticism towards their idea of story telling, but the setting and gameplay so far look cool.

Joni

That is a sensible list. It is mostly big games that have to appear fast where stuff is being hidden.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Quantum Break has zero chance of sucking. No Remedy games have ever sucked. Could it disappoint people? Of course, especially trolls.

But it won't suck.

sappyday

I think pretty much everyone in the staff at GT thought the demo was great and are extremely hyped for it.

Hatchtag

Banned
Honestly I think people who have very high expectations for FFXV, especially on GAF can be counted in one hand, figuratively speaking. And without high expectations, I don't think FFXV is going to disappoint much. I myself am still looking forward to the game, but I expect it to be just an okay game with some excellent aspects like graphics and music, better than FFXIII series overall, but that's about it.

On gaming forums there's quiet a bit of cynicism towards FFXV, but there's still a lot of hype for the game. I'm even planning on buying it despite hating the demo. There's a reason the game didn't get flat out canned: people loved the original concept for it. People are still hopeful what they liked about that will make it in. I think that could really easily lead to a lot of disappointment if the game just flat out sucks.

Menome

Honestly, I'm still staying positive for Battleborn. It does exactly what I want, which is first-person MOBA gameplay with a bunch of characters I'm interested in playing, along with a co-op campaign mode.

I just honestly don't get why people are so against it. If it doesn't take your fancy, fine, but some people are intent on driving the game into the ground before it's even been released and that irks me.

Almost everyone is expecting the worse out of Battleborn. The only hype I see for it are from Borderlands fans. It might as well be #1 for "Top Ten Games in 2016 That Could Be Good." If Gigantic comes out this year it could be a serious threat to Battleborn especially since both games are practically identical and Gigantic is F2P.

u_neek

I'm surprised that FFXV is not on the list.

My hype for it is as high as ever and I really enjoyed the demo, but I know that many people are still skeptical. And for good reason.

Almost everyone is expecting the worse out of Battleborn. The only hype I see for it are from Borderlands fans. It might as well be #1 for "Top Ten Games in 2016 That Turned Out Good."

If anything I see Borderlands fans being pissed that Gearbox are making this instead of BL3.

PillarEN

Mafia 3 for me. Everything about the game is anti-Mafia. Even the cinematic trailer was dumb. Couldn't be any further away from the tone and style of the first two games. The game may as well be called something completely different but if you got the license for Mafia I guess you use it. It's a marketing thing. I get that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
but not any game can be one of the TOP TEN games that might suck
I think this list would've been better named Top 10 Games in 2016 we're very skeptical of delivering or Top 10 Games in 2016 we have major reservations about.

That doesn't grab as much as "might suck" but it's more accurate to the content.

13randO

Before this list, I didn't even know that Wildlands was a thing; much less a game scheduled for release this year....

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Guys this list is for games that might suck, not disappoint. A lot of people are going to be disappointed in FFXV, but there's 0 chance of FFXV sucking.

plufim

Latest behavior by Square re Hitman should have put that automatically at number 1. Some is clearly very wrong with that game

Top Bottom