• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming died with Shane Bettenhausen

Ninja Scooter said:
Lets be honest. None of us care about video games anymore. Shane's presence on theweekly 1up podcast was us living our child like exuberence for video gaming vicariously through him, and now that that is gone we have nothing. The passion is gone. A new prince of Persia? Wow thanks who gives a fuck? Need for Spped and Tony Hawks pro rider no thanks you. Lets just realize this now.

Did you type this in your left hand while strokin your cock with your right?

Jeez.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Yeah, okay... Lost Planet on X360 is a good game...

... but on Ps3 it'll be a GREAT game"

waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

still love you Shane! :D

I think there is a misunderstanding of The ManGod's role on the show. He brought the WWE element to the show with his over-the-top hype of all things Sony. There is simply no way anyone in their right mind could hype Lair, Haze, Home, and PSN in the manner he did. He was a walking, talking Systems Warrior. Half of the Lair pre-orders were probably due to him alone.

That being said, congratulations to Garnett Lee for continuing a great show and to the Co-Op guys for landing on their feet so quickly.

RBH

1z1ra7l.gif

Nintendo fans are happy that he left because he didn't love every game

People sink right back to yell "SONY BIAS1!1!"

People feign ignorance trying to act cool about it

Xbox fans are back to hating him

Other people bring up things said by Shane in the past

Truly a man capable of making the emotionless gaf user emotional.

gaf would die without Ninja Scooter

EmCeeGramr said:
Remember back in the days of EGM when Shane was called the Nintendo fanboy? Those were funny days.

Shane just likes a challenge when it comes to choosing a console.

and considering the Nintendo fans hating on him in the thread are about 13 years old, it's not surprising they can't remember.

Mamesj

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Remember back in the days of EGM when Shane was called the Nintendo fanboy? Those were funny days.

No, don't really remember. Stalking video game journalists isn't really my thing...

This thread is equal parts flattering and scary, but don't worry...it's NeoGaf, dude. I'm used to it.

I'm hoping to squeeze a ton of podcast appearances into E3 week, and friends and haters alike can enjoy me making a fool of myself on X-play next week.

LiquidSwords said:
This thread is equal parts flattering and scary, but don't worry...it's NeoGaf, dude. I'm used to it.

I'm hoping to squeeze a ton of podcast appearances into E3 week, and friends and haters alike can enjoy me making a fool of myself on X-play next week.
Curiously, on a totally different note, do you know who will be heading the Ignition meetings? I know my team has private time set up with Ignition and I'm just wondering what we'll be playing and who we'll be talking to. (PLEASE SAY MURAMASA)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
All i know is that the guy is working on KOF XII thats makes you super awesome

Click

Banned
Fersis said:
All i know is that the guy is working on KOF XII thats makes you super awesome

:lol
Oh Fersis...

He's not really "working on" KOF. The company he works for publishes the game so he's not a developer or anything. However, he can probably get you some really cool KOF swag and give you some nice information/images for your official KOF thread, lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Click said:
:lol
Oh Fersis...

He's not really "working on" KOF. The company he works for publishes the game so he's not a developer or anything. However, he can probably get you some really cool KOF swag, lol.
I know he is not a dev but publishers sometimes can request features and stuf...

Top Bottom