• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming died with Shane Bettenhausen

G-Fex

stuburns said:
That's the one.

I fucking hate Denis Dyack.

Sorry, any excuse.

It's ok i'm the same way.Don't like Dyack either. I hate that dude (not Dyack but shane) and the dudes from Bombcast the one with the deep voice which I assume is a fat guy and the one with the little goblin voice who's the main guy I guess.

LCfiner

G-Fex said:
It's ok i'm the same way.Don't like Dyack either. I hate that dude (not Dyack but shane) and the dudes from Bombcast the one with the deep voice which I assume is a fat guy and the one with the little goblin voice who's the main guy I guess.

well, that came out of nowhere.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I don't care what all the haters say, I really liked Shane a lot on 1upYours. I think the show is much worse off without him, and I think even when he was on last week it wasn't that great because he was somewhat restrained. Love him or hate him, Shane's dynamic with everyone else on that show was the best part of the show.

Barrett2

-PXG- said:
I'm so, so, sooooo fucking confused right now. I'm out...

Shane-Talk-about-PS3-get-famous.jpg

MotherFan

SonOfABeep said:
The answer lies in his devotion to Sony and this forum's general hard-on for anything the Playstation brand produces, quality or not.

I said it!

Sounds about right. I think it is more just Sony fanboys who feel this way.

StuBurns

Banned
I listened back to the old 1UP Yours's after having an argument on here about Shane's fanboyish. And honestly, I disagree. It just seemed like he was trying to balance out the podcast. He made some ridiculous statements about Sony, but so did the others. Once most of the Sony hate stopped, so did he.

ever since the 1up thing i've really stopped caring about games, stopped listening to all gaming podcasts, and even stopped going to gaming gaf

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LiquidSwords said:
This thread is equal parts flattering and scary, but don't worry...it's NeoGaf, dude. I'm used to it.

I'm hoping to squeeze a ton of podcast appearances into E3 week, and friends and haters alike can enjoy me making a fool of myself on X-play next week.

So wait...you're not dead?

layzie1989 said:
ever since the 1up thing i've really stopped caring about games, stopped listening to all gaming podcasts, and even stopped going to gaming gaf
How did you find this thread then?

Epcott

I've stopped going to 1up, and that's about all

Nothing will pry gaming from my cold dead hands...
not even a cold dead Shane.

All of 1up really hasn't been the same since The Great Purge. The MANGOD was smart, however, he planned his escape beforehand and came away unscathed. Legend has it that one day The MANGOD will return, and delicious apples will fall from the sky to mark the great occasion. Yet others say The MANGOD never truly went away... he lives in all of us.

But fear not... look, The MANGOD sits at the right hand of Luke:

225pxlukesmithshanebettenhausen1.jpg

squicken

2rfeqfq.jpg

There really wasn't a Shane without a Luke. Or without Davison classing up the joint. Or Cooter (not pictured) keeping it going.

J-Rzez

Garnett, Luke, Shane, John D together. That was when gaming podcasts were actually worth a damn. Take any of them away from each other, and their powers diminish. Now podcasts are just a phony, a great big fat phony. Now these guys on these podcasts are not doing them for the love of gaming. Instead, they do podcasts for all the side benefits of booze, drugs, fast cars, and chicks that come with that. :(

G-Fex said:
The deep voice one is the skinniest guy

squicken

OldJadedGamer said:
Why is the passenger door open? I thought they were welded shut.

When I found that picture, I figured no one else would even notice that. The doors also should be painted with a 01, but then no other pic I could find had such a nice Daisy

Broseybrose

CO-OP
A Life Well Wasted
Out of the Game
Rebel FM
Gamespy Debriefings (Now feat. Ryan "White-Women-Only" Scott)

you don't need shane and you never did. i agree that 1up died with the UGO thing, but if its podcasts you want, you gotta go where the action is.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I agree. Its just not the same. Something has definitely died... I no longer care for Fridays.

There is no one left with his passion for gaming in anymore... All we have left is a bunch of wannabe rookies who don't know jack shit about this industry.

Come back to us Shane... Sony give this man a podcast on your blog and pay him whatever he desires...

Gomu Gomu

PistolGrip said:
There is no one left with his passion for gaming in anymore... All we have left is a bunch of wannabe rookies who don't know jack shit about this industry.

The fuck are you talking about?

Andvary

Shane likes games on all consoles, some people here just couldn't stand he was the only non xbot in 1up and EGM. :lol

This is true, Shane knowledge is missed.

one time i was playing a game and i paused it and then i saw something about shane bettenhausen on gaf and then i didn't want to play the game anymore because it was ruined

now i don't have to worry about that

VALIS

Jive Turkey said:
I'll never understand GAF's hard-on for this guy.

The majority of this thread is facetious. Some of better laughs to be had are the real Shane-obsessed people committing harakiri here.

Top Bottom