Gaming Influences Episode 1 - John Davison

#52
Which city are you based in? I'm doing the same thing, but for my city. Focused more on educating, but still discuss industry and game development.
 
#57
Downloaded. Looking forward to a listen.

Other people to interview:

Cliff Bleszinski
Todd Howard
Dennis Dyack (lol)
Garnett Lee
Jeff Gerstmann
Tim Schafer
Ken Levine
Gabe Newell
The Behemoth guys
Gregory P. Zeschuk & Ray Muzyka (The Doctors)
 
#58
ICallItFutile said:
Downloaded. Looking forward to a listen.

Other people to interview:

Cliff Bleszinski
Todd Howard
Dennis Dyack (lol)
Garnett Lee
Jeff Gerstmann
Tim Schafer
Ken Levine
Gabe Newell
The Behemoth guys
Gregory P. Zeschuk & Ray Muzyka (The Doctors)
thanks for the list, don't think I have a big enough HDD to record Dyack when he goes off on a rant about something, I only have 2TB :lol
 
#59
pauljeremiah said:
thanks for the list, don't think I have a big enough HDD to record Dyack when he goes off on a rant about something, I only have 2TB :lol
Dyack would be great.
I listened again to the infamous EGM Live podcast and lost my shit laughing when he said it was impossible for Too Human to look worse then Okami because Too Human used Post processing and Multiple Layers.
I like the dude but he was way out of touch with the reality's of the situation.
 
#60
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Dyack would be great.
I listened again to the infamous EGM Live podcast and lost my shit laughing when he said it was impossible for Too Human to look worse then Okami because Too Human used Post processing and Multiple Layers.
I like the dude but he was way out of touch with the reality's of the situation.
I love the 1upyours episode where he was there to talk about Too Human but eneded up ranting about the internet and message boards.

This Episode
 
#62
Just so people know, I do not have a set schedule for this podcast, I will try to have one a month at least, but I could have more then one in the space of a week.

I recorded the John Davison interview a week or 2 just after E3, and because of the feedback I have 2 new guests lined up for this week. so you'll have two more episodes out by Friday.
 
#72
Just finished it. It was great, thanks for that. Your show has got potential really. However I strongly agree with everything Gowans007 said.
Also, If possible, maybe you could tell gaf who's your guest, and then ask to give you interesting questions.
 
#73
Gomu Gomu said:
Just finished it. It was great, thanks for that. Your show has got potential really. However I strongly agree with everything Gowans007 said.
Also, If possible, maybe you could tell gaf who's your guest, and then ask to give you interesting questions.
Thanks so much, I was thinking of naming my guests before I record, but a part of me likes to have a mystery to each show. I will be recording my next episode in about 2 hours, and I hope to have it up sometime tomorrow.

But I want to Podcast to be like a Springsteen concert, start off with the same first question or two then let the interview flow as natural as possible. I do have a set list of about 5 or 6 questions that I do try to get through, but if a more interesting discussion comes from more natural questions then I will keep those and ignore my 5 pre-determined questions.

Also if you read through the thread you will see who one of my next quests will be >_O
 
#74
Found this over at the something awful forums:

Kashwashwa writes:

Not bad, but I don't know if the host really completely knows how to host. Too many tangents and irrelevant information (like talking about his new computer).

Now I will admit that this was my first interview in about 5 years, really I haven't done one since I was in college. So forgive me if I was a little rusty, I know I tend to go off on tangents or chit chat about irrelevant information (like my new PC). That's just kind of the way I do talk, I do go off on tangents - a lot.

But I do promise to be more professional and let the person I am interviewing speak.

Also thanks to L3XDYSIA for posting and recommending the podcast
 
#75
Good podcast. Short and sweet, a couple tangential topics but good and add a little personal flavor to it. This podcast makes me miss the 1upShow :( Its hard to listen to the lastest 1up podcasts/videos because they seemed to have lost the ability to have critical or interesting thoughts on the games they had played. I don't know if 1up got meaner or just like things less.

Davison is right: the only reason I visit 1up now is because of the podcasts and even they are losing their charm. Also double right on the talent moving to less big titles. The appeal of working for a Zynga, PlayFish or Iphone game is the ability to see your work go into the user base and tweak, refine and add features. The turn around on working on new features and have them crowd sourced/play tested to by the user base is something you don't get to experience on 18 month long console titles (unless its horribly broken or DLC is made after release).

You fill a very interesting niche of a Podcast. I would add CheapyD and Ron Gilbert to the list.

Keep it up!
 
#76
MiniBossBattle said:
Good podcast. Short and sweet, a couple tangential topics but good and add a little personal flavor to it. This podcast makes me miss the 1upShow :( Its hard to listen to the lastest 1up podcasts/videos because they seemed to have lost the ability to have critical or interesting thoughts on the games they had played. I don't know if 1up got meaner or just like things less.

Davison is right: the only reason I visit 1up now is because of the podcasts and even they are losing their charm. Also double right on the talent moving to less big titles. The appeal of working for a Zynga, PlayFish or Iphone game is the ability to see your work go into the user base and tweak, refine and add features. The turn around on working on new features and have them crowd sourced/play tested to by the user base is something you don't get to experience on 18 month long console titles (unless its horribly broken or DLC is made after release).

You fill a very interesting niche of a Podcast. I would add CheapyD and Ron Gilbert to the list.

Keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words. I like having somwhat of a personal flavour to the podcast, that was kind of the original idea I had, a podcast where you get to know about the people behind the industry.
 
#79
It was pretty good for a two man podcast. The only thing that I think needs a change is the ten questions at the end. I don't personally find the questions insightful.

Boy, I need my own intro music.