• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Magazines

Mercurial

I'm planning on subscribing to two or three different gaming magazines but I've been out of the VG magazine loop for quite a few years and I'm not so sure what the best (As unbiased as possible, lots of content, quality print and screenshots, etc.) ones are. I know about EGM and Gamepro (Which I've always hated) but what about Play Magazine or Game Informer? Also, I remember liking GamersRepublic. They even had anime reviews. Does that magazine still exist?

Basically, just let me know your you picks and why you like them. :)

Oh yes, and they need to be available in Canada.

If you liked GR then you'll like Play. Subscribe to that and maybe EGM and you'd be pretty set. Both games cover just about everything collectively.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Gameinformer has a crapload of exclusive beacuse of the inflated userbase.
And you can get it for 10 dollars for 10 issues if you want the discount card, and i've seen it as cheap as $5 for 12 issues on some of the online sites.

I personally get PSM, EGM, Gameinformer and PCgamer.

Check http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

(Edited for correct URL)

lordmrw

Mercurial said:
I'm planning on subscribing to two or three different gaming magazines but I've been out of the VG magazine loop for quite a few years and I'm not so sure what the best (As unbiased as possible, lots of content, quality print and screenshots, etc.) ones are. I know about EGM and Gamepro (Which I've always hated) but what about Play Magazine or Game Informer? Also, I remember liking GamersRepublic. They even had anime reviews. Does that magazine still exist?

Basically, just let me know your you picks and why you like them. :)

Oh yes, and they need to be available in Canada.

Gamers Republic doesn't exist anymore, but the same staff that made it created Play magazine. Once you learn to take Dave Halverson's opinions with a grain of salt, you'll enjoy the magazine.

lordmrw said:
Gamers Republic doesn't exist anymore, but the same staff that made it created Play magazine. Once you learn to take Dave Halverson's opinions with a grain of salt, you'll enjoy the magazine.

Actually, its more like when you learn to completely ignore what the guy has to say and simply enjoy the pretty pictures, you'll enoy the magazine.

Top Bottom