• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming press invited to Rocksteady Studios (embargo will be lifted over a month)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
*please don't be cross-gen*

Would kill for this to be next gen only but cant see it happening. With a bit of luck they maybe farmed out the last gen versions to another dev.

Card Boy

Banned
Please make a Green Arrow game next time. Not complaining if it's a batman game, love them and I will savour then while I can. We had 20 years of shitty batman games and we should be happy we have being getting good ones.

Last good one before Asylum was batman on NES, best ninja gaiden game too.

mclem

ud2vDeO.jpg

I will now be disappointed if it's not a Scooby Doo game using the Arkham structure.

Since people are asking for a BB game, I thought I may as well ask:

Is Batman Beyond worth my time, as an adult? I watched Batman: TAS and it was pretty borderline in some cases with some flashes of greatness.

Milennia

Is Batman Beyond worth my time, as an adult? I watched Batman: TAS and it was pretty borderline in some cases with some flashes of greatness.

Its my favorite batman animated series hands down because its more on the darker side.
I would say its the most adult of the animated series as well imo.

Deffinetly has my recomendation.

Jintor

Batman Beyond is great. It's not as good as TAS, sure, but it does some great stuff with its original cast, and Terry is a badass (and so is old bruce).

First, you insult the greatest cartoon of all time and now you ask if Batman Beyond is worth your time? No, you're not worthy.

Seriously, it's excellent. One of the best intros. The sci-fi stuff might intrigue you more, some shades of Ghost in the Shell with the abuse of tech. "April Moon" and "Splicers" are great. The radioactive dude is a cool character.

Also, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is one of the best animated movies.
ibpUA2SKrisS07.gif

d9b

Banned
What's up with all those press events with month long embargoes?

Well... First journalist writes preview and that preview needs to be sent back to developer then back to journalist for revision following the notes from developer then to game's publisher for final approval then it's released for public consumption.
It takes time.

We get glorified PR spin disguised as serious article and journalist gets pat on the head and all the perks that go with it.

Simple!!!

:p

doemaaan

Fucking Hush with Bruce's face and Azrael and Gotham burning and whatever Scarecrow was doing in that boat and the aftermath of dat ending and KEVIN CONROY AND NEW GADGETS AND BOSSFIGHTS AND GOD JESUS HOLD ME DOWN
It shall be glorious. And don't forget about Harley 😉.

ZeroX03

Banned

Yes. Batman Beyond is a very sombre and dark show. Like Samurai Jack, it has no issue taking it's time and building up an atmosphere rather than indulging in the usual childishness and cheesiness. The second season gets a little high school-y thanks to some executive meddling, but it's still great.

kmax

Well, they're owned by Warner, so it's pretty much a given that they'll make something within the DC universe. Another Batman wouldn't be surprising (but not overly exciting either).

Varth

Well... First journalist writes preview and that preview needs to be sent back to developer then back to journalist for revision following the notes from developer then to game's publisher for final approval then it's released for public consumption.
It takes time.

Not really, but please enlighten us if YOU did it. It's always good to know.

I'm pretty much in agreement on Batman TAS and Batman Beyond is definitely just more of the same. It has a some really good moments but its not much more than the successor to Batman TAS.

Which is quite impressive considering the studio direction was "make batman in highschool" and they went on to make a pretty okay future/cyberpunk continuation of the universe.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member

Subjective of course but I wouldn't really bother with it if there isn't a sense of nostalgia.
The Return of the Joker is a stand alone movie that is sort of the series finale but can be watched on its own quite well. Use it as a benchmark to see if you're interested in the rest of the series I'd say.

Symphonia

Banned
I love the Arkham games but I feel they've run their course. Rocksteady should move their talent on to another superhero IP.

AHA-Lambda

the return of the joker animated movie is seriously fantastic, watch that if nothing else.

MrDeeds

Neo Member
Also if you watch Batman Beyond, you need to do yourself a favor and watch the Justice League Unlimited episode called "Epilogue." I believe it was the series finale and does an awesome job of wrapping up the story of Batman Beyond/Batman TAS

.la1n

Batman: TAS is the superior cartoon to Batman Beyond. If you found TAS to be borderline I can't honestly recommend watching BB. Like others suggested, if nothing else watch BB: The Return of the Joker and decide from there. It's a great movie.

McLovin

Im kind of ready for them to do something other than batman
But they haven done a real open world batman game. I want a full city with vehicles and people to interact with. I want to be in my bat cave, get the bat signal, then chose my vehicle. Be it bat-cycle, bat-mobile, bat-plane, whatever. Then ride off, manually, to the crime scene. Then we can move on.

Another Batman already?

Well I think it's likely that since this game hasn't even been announced yet, it's possible it won't be out until sometime next year. I know it's possible to have it out this year and it wouldn't shock me at all, but personally I think a 2015 release date makes more sense.

Batman: TAS is the superior cartoon to Batman Beyond. If you found TAS to be borderline I can't honestly recommend watching BB. Like others suggested, if nothing else watch BB: The Return of the Joker and decide from there. It's a great movie.

I don't mean borderline in quality terms, I mean borderline in being "for kids" vs something you enjoy as an adult. It was pushing the boundaries for what a 90's kids cartoon could be for sure but there were episodes that felt like it had crossed fully into kid territory.

I don't mean borderline in quality terms, I mean borderline in being "for kids" vs something you enjoy as an adult. It was pushing the boundaries for what a 90's kids cartoon could be for sure but there were episodes that felt like it had crossed fully into kid territory.

Like the "Batman In The Basement" episode...ugh.

.la1n

I understand where you are coming from now. That would be a pretty accurate assessment of the show and holds true for Batman Beyond as well. It has an equally dark aesthetic but still some goofy episodes / moments in there where you remember it's a kids show.

JoshHood

Assuming this is a Batman game, them revealing it now kind of kills the chance of a quick Origins up-port to fill the gap.

Top Bottom