• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming press invited to Rocksteady Studios (embargo will be lifted over a month)

So going by the following tweet a Dutch games journalist is invited to an event at Rocksteady Studios.

ud2vDeO.jpg

https://twitter.com/janmeijroos/status/431376014867177472

https://twitter.com/WildarvB/status/431378411123404800

Translation: I'm not allowed to talk about it for a month. I guess next month's GI cover is a given?

Please be Arkham City Sequel

or

Please be a superhero game

What's up with all those press events with month long embargoes? Don't they realize there's so little going on right now it would be the perfect time for a new game reveal to get everyone talking?

Totally. Waiting a month puts your press cycle smack dab in the middle of Titanfall, Infamous, Dark Souls, Metal Gear, etc.

Great PR plan, no competition there...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I liked their Batman games I really hope they're doing something else.

Oersted

What's up with all those press events with month long embargoes? Don't they realize there's so little going on right now it would be the perfect time for a new game reveal to get everyone talking?

Control. And hell, we are talking.

Really hoping this is a game that concludes their Arkham trilogy in a satisfactory fashion. All y'all wanting them to abandon it too early are messed up. There's a lot they can do to expand on the formula still (more playable characters within the story, please).

gazele

Banned

GDC?

But yeah I agree, it'd make a bigger splash now than in a month when there's tons of games out

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's standard practice. We usually just don't hear about them until the embargo is up. Alien Isolation had it's preview event in December but we didn't hear anything until January.

charsace

I hate seeing thread titles like this.

"Hey, guys, we went to Rocksteady to see something! In six months we can tell you about it!"

sn00zer

Since people are asking for a BB game, I thought I may as well ask:

Is Batman Beyond worth my time, as an adult? I watched Batman: TAS and it was pretty borderline in some cases with some flashes of greatness.
Some episodes are...the movie especially "Return of the Joker" otherwise no...it try to be cool and hip with the kids

Voror

Is Batman Beyond worth my time, as an adult? I watched Batman: TAS and it was pretty borderline in some cases with some flashes of greatness.

Probably not if that's how you felt about BTAS. Speaking personally, there are some great episodes and the movie "Return of the Joker" is fantastic, but it was largely hit or miss for the show.

Some episodes are...the movie especially "Return of the Joker" otherwise no...it try to be cool and hip with the kids

Yeah, I think there's some nostalgia goggles at work with some people. The concept remains brilliant and it does shine through at times. I just remember being irritated because they kept doing that "Drugs are Bad" Aesop. It's an important one certainly, but you can spread it out a bit I think.

I'd expect either a final Arkham game to tie up the teases that were City or perhaps that Silver Age game I've seen rumors about. I'd personally love to see a Beyond game and what Rocksteady could do with that future, though there could be some tricky spots with it.

I'd love even more to see them perhaps expand to other DC properties, though they do seem skilled with Batman especially.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm really hoping for an AC sequel that's massively improved like City was over Asylum. They can't leave so many teases in the game and not run with at least one of them.

Paskil

After Arkham City, I'm willing to give anything they churn out a shot
except if it's fighting, racing, sports, or FPS

iNvid02

I don't understand why people want this. Beyond has that dark and moody futuristic setting that's blade runner-esque, new villains, and Bruce as a grumpy mentor. Not to mention Batman with jet boots. Oh. Oh my god...

something about that beyond suit in city felt so fucking good, i'd take a batman beyond game based solely off that
KuGsj.gif

Voror

some people obviously haven't read any of the batman beyond comic or the future justice league stuff! beyond is awesome

Are those any good? I'd heard some okay things on them and I seem to recall hearing that a recent BB arc called 10,000 Clowns was actually quite good.

I'm really hoping for an AC sequel that's massively improved like City was over Asylum. They can't leave so many teases in the game and not run with at least one of them.

I'd imagine the whole thing with Azrael would be the most likely to be a basis for another game since that one had the most ominous touch to it. Hush impersonating you could be another good one to do.

something about that beyond suit in city felt so fucking good, i'd take a batman beyond game based solely off that
KuGsj.gif

I loved that suit, though it was weird on the very bulky model for Bruce given how used to the slimmer model from the show I'm used to.

Amir0x

Banned
I hope the go some new radical direction with the series, or turn into the more linear Arkham Asylum type game. I like the idea of an open world Gotham game, but for some reason I preferred the mechanics of this series in closed environments with interconnecting passageways and secrets galore, but a more intimate experience.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just one more month until see we see it! Hype!

Guess I'll see some game journos near work today then, I work in the same building as Rocksteady.

Dude. DUDE.

Fake being a blind guy and get in there!

Voror

I hope the go some new radical direction with the series, or turn into the more linear Arkham Asylum type game. I like the idea of an open world Gotham game, but for some reason I preferred the mechanics of this series in closed environments with interconnecting passageways and secrets galore, but a more intimate experience.

I agree. I too like the idea and did like City, but I just ended up preferring Asylum's approach a bit more. I suppose it could be that Asylum felt something like a huge maze even with the different buildings and I felt it really worked.

I'd imagine they'd try to go for the open world again, but perhaps they've learned enough to fine tune it better.

Busty

Banned
While there is no questioning that Rocksteady have done amazing things with the Batman property in terms of gaming I'd still like to see Warners give them a little room to try and create a new IP.

Speaking of which how did Arkham Origins sell? I'm sure it wasn't a sales disaster but was it a bona fide hit?

Bring on the Rocksteady TMNT game.

Not this again.

This is never going to happen.

Abdozer

So what do we know about their next game? Still the whole Silver Age comics rumor going around?

Still excited either way.

Symphonia

Banned
Probably GTA next gen....
Did you honestly just mix up Rocksteady with Rockstar?

On-topic, if it was a Scooby-Doo game, I don't think I'd mind if it was done right. There was a Scooby-Doo game I had on Gamecube that was actually pretty awesome bar some dodgy platforming segments here and there. I'd like to see a new Scooby-Doo game.

Mackins

Yes, Yes, YES! I want new gen Batman NOW! Forget turtles and camp Superman, Batman is the greatest of them all!

Another open world Arkham then start doing Justice League controlling Batman only, or Batman Beyond, anything Batman really.

Voror

The Scooby Doo idea I'm not sure how I feel about, but if done right then I guess I don't see anything wrong with it. Odd choice after doing Batman though.

The only Scooby Doo game I can recall was the one I had for the SNES, which I don't think I ever beat.

Draconian

905.gif

TAS is worth anybody's time, no matter what age you are. Beyond is pretty good, but TAS is where it's at if you ask me.

Voror

905.gif

TAS is worth anybody's time, no matter what age you are. Beyond is pretty good, but TAS is where it's at if you ask me.

I agree, but not everyone can love everything. Not every episode of TAS was gold, though I'd say the good episodes far outnumber the bad.

Top Bottom