• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming setup thread 9/15/2004

Didn't want to post my gaming setup until I had something kinda worth showing until now:

gamesetup1a.jpg

Just got the TV the other day (43" Panasonic LCD projection), I love the amount of inputs this screen has (took out my old s-video switch box and now can connect everything directly to the TV):
S-Video 1: DirecTivo
S-Video 2: VCR (regular composite)
S-Video 3: Gamecube (will be ordering the component cable from Nintendo)
Component 1: DVD
Component 2: PS2
Component 3: XBox (called and looked everywhere in my area trying to find the HD pack, finally found one at CompUSA)
Component 4: empty
RGB: Dreamcast (via VGA Box =)
HDMI: empty (no HD yet, but can hook up my computer via DVI/HDMI converter if I wanted to)
Basic Coax: empty

I just have analog 2.1 sound coming out of my old Kenwood mini system, but it still sounds good, very clean and clear...

I'll post my computer setup later on.

Show your stuff y'all =)

BuddyC

desk.jpg

TV.jpg

shelf.jpg

I've added some more games since then, but I'm far too lazy to take another picture (and I'm not home...)

bjork

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

Webcam won't reach... the bookcase to the left of the tv is all games. :)

And yes, that's a Hello Kitty vaccum. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I know, I'm a messy gamer. This only covers the current gen consoles. I got the GBA and older Nintendo consoles too, sans Virtual Boy

PICT0054-2.jpg

Not pictured: Beyond Good & Evil (PS2), ICO, ESPN NFL 2005 (PS2)

PICT0055-2.jpg

GamePnoy74 said:
Just got the TV the other day (43" Panasonic LCD projection), I love the amount of inputs this screen has (took out my old s-video switch box and now can connect everything directly to the TV):

How's the TV working for you in terms of ghosting or any other potential problems? Looks great though.

I guess I better snap some pics when I get back from chicago.

Chittagong

Gold Member
World exclusive first ever pics of my setup.

img_0169.jpg

In case you wonder, my most played console, Xbox, is behind doors merely because the design is fugly, as are all game + dvd boxes - I don't like a messy look. GameCube is in the bedroom, but it will regain the living room priviledge when Pikmin 2 and RE4 come.

And that's the computer I'm using to hang out in GAF. Right where I play. Heaven.[

Hey Bjork, you're the only other person I've ever known of who has the Parappa bus banner! It's a shame to see it hacked up, though.. did you do that, or did it come that way?? :(

atomsk

Party Pooper
ah, i love these threads. not much has changed in my setup, but i'll be sure to take new pics tomorrow

Chittagong said:

img_0169.jpg

In case you wonder, my most played console, Xbox, is behind doors merely because the design is fugly, as are all game + dvd boxes - I don't like a messy look. GameCube is in the bedroom, but it will regain the living room priviledge when Pikmin 2 and RE4 come.

And that's the computer I'm using to hang out in GAF. Right where I play. Heaven.[

that is just fucking hawt!

Chrono

Banned
Cool setups here. This thread is pushing me to buy a bigger TV now instead of a new PC (got about $1500 to waste). Ah, decisions. I’m better off buying Nintendo stocks maybe. :p

Chittagong

Gold Member
Chrono said:
Off-topic question... anybody know where on the net I can order huge cushions similar to the ones in chittagong's pic? I game on the floor since my sofa is too far from the TV (or not close enough :p) and I end up using several cushions. One big cushion would solve that problem. :)

my cushions are from inno.dk, they sell globally, and are actually very affordable.

I tell you, gaming on that thing is just perfect. I can really get immersed being close, and it's so flexible that I can lean back on it.

Chrono

Banned
Chittagong said:
my cushions are from inno.dk, they sell globally, and are actually very affordable.

I tell you, gaming on that thing is just perfect. I can really get immersed being close, and it's so flexible that I can lean back on it.

heh thanks for the info. I actually edited that out of my post so it wouldn't "derail" the thread but it still got answered. :lol Thanks again.

edti: did you order from the site? I've been browsing it for 15 minutes and not only I can't find anything but sofas, but I don't think they sell anything on the web. The closest dealer is miles away. ;__;

dog$

Hates quality gaming
915_shot1_800.JPG

915_shot2_800.JPG

So that's a PS2, DC, SS, Gen, NG, GC, SNES, NES and InTV all in there.
915_shot3_800.JPG

I didn't expect this surprise when I walked over to take the pics!
915_mouse_owned_800.JPG

He's still writing in the glue now...

cvxfreak

Here's my setup. It's not fancy, nor complete. The pictures themselves are really bad, since they've been cropped and brightened up because the original pictures were too dark, so they aren't very sharp or clear at all. My TV setup also isn't pictured, but hooked to it is my US PS2+ and Platinum GameCube. Sorry about that. :D

whole.jpg

That's my entire shelf.

gamecube.jpg

My other three GameCubes - Spice Orange w/ Silver GameBoy Player, modified Jet GC and Panasonic Q. Add to that the unpictured Platinum GC and you've got yourself a huge GC fan. :D

sony.jpg

That's my PS, PSone w/ Intec screen and Japanese PS2.

sega.jpg

That's my Sega shelf, with the Saturn and first Dreamcast.

pokemon_doll.jpg

My Pokemon shelf (game boxes, DVDs of the US/JP show/movies) with my Rayquaza, Jirachi, Groudon and Kyogre plushes from Japan.

pokemon.jpg

Pokemon shelf without the plushes.

nintendo.jpg

My SNES/N64, or the Nintendo classic shelf. My NES is packed away in a box.

misc.jpg

Just miscellaneous junk and my second Dreamcast. The blue basket contains controllers, memory cards and loads of GBA accessories.

konga.jpg

My shelf with my Spice Orange GC and Donkey Konga box.

biohazard.jpg

My shelf devoted to Resident Evil. Every game I own is in there, plus my Japanese and US DVDs. About to join the shelf is Outbreak File 02, when it arrives in the mail, the Famitsu Capcom demo and Resident Evil Special Edition DVD.

accessories.jpg

Just random accessories, my GBA Pokemon carts and my portables, including a Swan Crystal.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"4 gamecubes??? What's the point man?"

buy some ply wood, glue them upside down onto each corner and voila! you have a stylish table.

cvxfreak

Truelize said:
4 gamecubes??? What's the point man?

Several, actually.

1. I hated having to mod switch my Jet Cube everytime, as pressing the button could prove devastating in the long run (IMO). I made the Jet Cube Japanese, and the Platinum Cube American.

2. I then bought the Panasonic Q because I wanted an international, quality DVD player. Gotta be able to watch my Region 3 Shogun Mini-Series. :D

3. My mother has a large sibling family and equally as many nieces and nephews in the Philippines, and their petitions will come into effect soon. Having 4 Cubes spreads the love, since when I was there, they liked the system the best.

4. The Spice Orange Cube was duty-free. 5% savings + extra cash = sale.

5. I'm crazy.

bjork

bobbyconover said:
Hey Bjork, you're the only other person I've ever known of who has the Parappa bus banner! It's a shame to see it hacked up, though.. did you do that, or did it come that way?? :(

I traded a copy of 98 Faceoff for it, and the guy who got it for me had to steal it from a bus stop while it was raining... so it had water damage when I got it.

Pachinko

I finally have a digital camera to photograph mysetup but I'm far to lazy to go downstairs tonight, posserbly tommorow. It's kind of a mess with all my stuff, I'm still unpacking from my move.

demi

BenT said:
setup.jpg

I'm kinda between TVs, so have been using my computer monitor via XRGB-2 for the last year or so.

Hey, what shelf is that? I'd really like that, seems very good for storing the ol' games.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'll bite:

setup2.jpg

First inevitable question: "Where's the PS2?" It should be to the right of the Xbox in it's vertical stand. It's on loan at the moment.
3 months ago I had a very old 14 or 15" sony trinitron w/ composite (wooo) inputs. No space for a larger screen + knowing I'll need a good monitor for the inevitable PC when I inevitably move = Samsung Syncmaster 192mp... PC LCD monitor with TV style inputs, you name it, it's got it. Composite, component, s-video, vga and DVI...
Before you ask, yeah there is some ghosting, but I've come to learn it doesn't really bother me, especially since I don't play FPS games heavily. Everything hooked up bia the pelican system selector pro. And oh yeah, a 2.1 Altec Lansing system (the subwoofer is below).

armoire.jpg

I keep all my games in that armoire. I'd say it's at about 90% capacity, and I keep things neat, tidy and alphabetized in there.
First row: Unsorted recent acquirements - Strategy guides, art books, graphic novels, semi-regularly used reference books (programming) and some piano sheet music.
Second row: Flattened boxes (I wouldn't have enough room otherwise) and documentation/manuals - PC, Sega CD and Saturn games - PSX and DC games
Third row: GBA games/accessories and NES/SNES/Genesis/32X games - Games and accessories for misc systems - Accessories galore for almost every system, seperated by system into plastic bags

dvdtower.jpg

Top 100 or so current-gen games go here.

Systems outside of the current gen are in the closet along with larger accessories like the X-Arcade, DDR Pad, and (non-functional) maracas.

Oh! And this bad boy:
gbasp.jpg

is always in my pocket.

At this point, my main reason for needing to move out, is to have more space for my crap. :S

BenT

nnthomas said:
Hey, what shelf is that? I'd really like that, seems very good for storing the ol' games.
That is the CD-1480 from Leslie Dame Enterprises. I wrote a bit about it here.

ProReview: The materials are a bit cheap but the space it saves is worth much more. I just dread having to wrangle the thing next time I move.

More of my stuff...

Main computer (small silver shoebox with 17" Samsung 172x LCD on top of it):
desk1a.jpg

PSOne, Saturn, DirecTV, 21" TV (kinda dusty):
gamesetup2a.jpg

Old Dell:
desk2a.jpg

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Lyte Edge said:
Just wait for DCharlie. :)

Oh, yeah! I forgot about him.

I just got an HDTV a couple weeks ago and want shot it off but I think I'm going to wait until I move out of my parents' basement and get situated in my new place. Plus, taking pictures, cropping them, and then uploading them over dialup doesn't sound like the most fun right now.

Slo

Just an observation: People with kick ass TVs and surround systems have a distinct lack of plush toys, gundam robots, duplicate game systems, and walls upon walls full of imported games. Conversly, people with plush toys, gundam robots, duplicate game systems, and walls upon walls full of imported games have a distinct lack of kick ass TVs and surround systems.

Make of that what you will. :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I would like an explanation of how Marty Chin has THUG2 aleady as well as a beta xbox.

Who do you work for Marty?

Slo said:
Just an observation: People with kick ass TVs and surround systems have a distinct lack of plush toys, gundam robots, duplicate game systems, and walls upon walls full of imported games. Conversly, people with plush toys, gundam robots, duplicate game systems, and walls upon walls full of imported games have a distinct lack of kick ass TVs and surround systems.

Make of that what you will. :)

Hey, I have all of that =) I didn't take pictures of my plush toys, nor the shelf of my transformers and stuff. But I do have duplicate game systems, and plenty of imports. That is unless you don't consider my TV kick ass =)

Lyte: Sigh, ya, DCharlie likely has me beat, but on the upside that isn't everything I have. I still haven't moved over a bunch of stuff like my Drummania, my Dreamcast, Twin Sticks, Sambas, PSOne, Genesis/Sega CD/32X and their games, Famicom Twin System, a billion controllers, heh and so forth. I will say that what I do have there is a significant chunk. It's all my PS, PS2, Saturn, Xbox, GC, DC, and PCE games. I'm still working on this, but I got impatient and wanted to post something up =) That being said, I'm sure DCharlie still has me beat =)

Chittagong said:

img_0169.jpg

dude, you win. Where did you get those lamps?

Top Bottom