• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Shower Thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mini breakthroughs and lite philosphies that come to you when soapy & wet:

By the end of the month, there will be more concurrent Jawbreakers on Neogaf, than Lawbreakers on Steam.

I thought you had built a gaming shower.

edit:

Presenting the GAMING SHOWER™

So the concept is simple – who hasn't wanted to game in the shower? Whether it's the frequent frustration of having to pause an intense gaming session to bathe oneself, or the simple desire to enjoy a relaxing shower while playing one's favorite game, we've all thought about gaming in the shower at one point or another. My Kickstarter aims to make this a reality.

The Gaming Shower has 2 key features.

The first is the most obvious: waterproof controllers and display(s – more on that later). Now I'm not an engineer, but I do have the project and talent management skills to find the right engineers and see the job through to completion. Waterproofing the displays should be relatively simple, and I plan to base the controller designs on the existing first party ones, just with the requisite waterproofing added, and with extended wireless connectivity.

The second is what sets the Gaming Shower apart: communication with your gaming device across multiple displays. Sure, it might be easy enough to design a way to enjoy a long hot shower while also gaming. But why stop there? With the Gaming Shower, you will be able to pause a game on your main television or monitor, carry your input device to the shower, and resume gaming seamlessly – and then when your shower is done, right back to your main viewing screen. A perfect solution for the 9-5'er who needs to fit in that extra League session during their morning routine.

The Gaming Shower can also offer multiple displays inside the shower itself. The most obvious position for the display is across from the shower head, so that one can game while facing away from the stream of water. However, I feel it is important to be able to continue gaming while making the inevitable turns and adjustments while showering, and so as stretch goals I propose putting a display on the wall below the shower head, at eye level, and designing the shower head to be higher up, extended from the wall, and angled downward more, specifically so as to provide minimal interference with one's line of sight. As further stretch goals, I think it would be ideal to also have displays on both side walls of the shower. The only problem with this is the display on the curtain (or door) side – we would have to develop a special shower door to house the display appropriately, while also still allowing access to the shower. Since these additional displays will require significantly more engineering work I have listed them as stretch goals rather than as part of the main Kickstarter.

Help me make the Gaming Shower a reality by visiting my Kickstarter page at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1234567890/Gaming-Shower

shower-tv.jpeg

Artist's rendering of Studio Gaming Shower

Why hasn't there been a game where I can kill someone and marry their widow

Do you think Pokémon was used by Russia to influence the election

poodaddy

Gold Member
Co-op 3D action Megaman X and Zero game where Zero plays like character action and X plays like Vanquish dominates my thoughts in the shower.

That and wondering when I'll ever get around to brewing my own beer and mead.

L Thammy

I also think about NeoGAF members when I'm in the shower.

Recently, I was wondering how agonizing it would be like to be a Thwomp. Intelligent, but trapped eternally on one small path, with almost no way to interact with the world but smashing things that end up underneath you.

Tambini

I don't have gaming shower thoughts. But I do have shower gaming thoughts. Like man I stink better go take a shower, right after this level

Consoles are meaningless and annoying. When huge corporations with gaming divisions like Sony and Microsoft make consoles the only ones who benefit are the corporations by trapping developers and consumers in their shitty closed self serving ecosystems, developers should unite and create a fully scalabale future proof gaming standard and then there will just be games, for everyone to play, forever.

- How would a 3D Pokemon open-world MMO work?

- When will we get VR MMO as popular as the non-VR ones?

- Me imagining how I'd kill it as the CEO of a super amazing game company

- Me imagining how my E3 presentation would win over the hearts of millions and millions of gamers.

I'm humble.

What has Miyamoto actually done since the N64 ?

There is am entire generation of gamers who don't know how to navigate 3D space in games without waypoint markers

Zurick

Banned
I'm 35 years old and when I'm in the shower I still do Voice Over lines for Spider-Man versus Venom. By the time I'm Scrub-A-Dub clean Venoms the hero

Consoles are meaningless and annoying. When huge corporations with gaming divisions like Sony and Microsoft make consoles the only ones who benefit are the corporations by trapping developers and consumers in their shitty closed self serving ecosystems, developers should unite and create a fully scalabale future proof gaming standard and then there will just be games, for everyone to play, forever.

You mean something like, oh I don't know, a PC?

SirNinja

The original Prey was announced in 1995 but came out in 2006.

The next Prey came out in 2017...yet another 11-year gap.

Looking forward to Prey 2028.

Zebei

We really are the last of us. . .

Seriously, are other characters able to get extra lives in Mario, or is it just the heroes. Is this why Bowser always comes back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom