• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ganondorf's Last Name is Officially Dragmire Again

Is it wrong that reading Ganondorf's last name made me think Family Guy?

He's Dragmire! Dragmire!
You never really know what He's gonna do next!
He's Dragmire! Dragmire!
Ganondorf: Giggity-giggity-giggity-giggity, let's have sex! :D

It's a lot of... things, but not "wrong."

Arkeband

Banned
1niuug.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think thats true tho, there aren male gerudos. they are only born every 100 years and they are pronounced king, at least that was in OoT

I agree with you. I don't know if they'd make a new male king (long live Riju!) or if males are even still born (100 years since Hyrule fell and there's no male Gerudo in the game that I could find), but I don't think their law about "no males" was related to Ganondorf. At least, I don't think it was ever mentioned, suggested, or hinted to be like that. I figured it was more cultural and related to their natural gender balance.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure OOT Ganondorf and TP Ganondorf are the same dorfs.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is only one Ganondorf. I think OoT, TP, and WW all share the same villain but in different timelines and points in time.

They are. So is WW Ganondorf. In Wind waker, it's the same one, but he eventually manages to break the seal that was keeping him in the sacred realm.
In twilight princess, he survives the botched attempt by the sages to kill him, and was then sealed in the Twilight realm, which he again broke out of.

Alienous

I believe so. Link goes back in time following OOT, snitches on Ganondorf, and Ganondorf is sentenced to an execution - which is botched.

I don't know if there's one Ganon, but yeah, there's one Ganondorf.

psyfi

Banned
I don't get how any name with "-dorf" in it can be bad ass

I'd just laugh in your face if your name was Ganondorf

I agree with you. I don't know if they'd make a new male king (long live Riju!) or if males are even still born (100 years since Hyrule fell and there's no male Gerudo in the game that I could find), but I don't think their law about "no males" was related to Ganondorf. At least, I don't think it was ever mentioned, suggested, or hinted to be like that. I figured it was more cultural and related to their natural gender balance.

Maybe no new male can be born if the other is partially alive in Ganon? or the Gerudo kill all the male children now in fear of another Ganondorf.

In Breath of the Wild,
they seemed to have disowned him as they felt that he has dragged the Gerudo name through the mud and in response outlawed Gerudo males and they only mate with non-Gerudo males.

Urbosa implies he wasn't actually Gerudo, or at least that the Gerudo people have disowned him and hope he wasn't actually Gerudo.

Guys this is how rumors start. None of this is true.

Edit: I'm referring to the bold parts.

aBarreras

No. FSA Ganondorf is different.

you are correct

Ganon is largely absent in the Four Sword subseries. Instead, another power-hungry sorcerer, Vaati, is depicted as the main villain of the subseries. Despite this, Ganon is mentioned in Four Swords Adventures and makes a late appearance near the end of the game after having revealed his manipulation of Vaati. As Four Swords Adventures takes place centuries after Twilight Princess, it is also the first and only game in the series to feature a reincarnation of Ganon. In the game's backstory, Ganondorf was to be the guardian of the Gerudo and the desert but his heart grew twisted with each passing year, and he became obsessed with obtaining power at any cost. Banished by the Gerudo, he retrieved an evil magical trident from a pyramid, which transformed him into the bestial Ganon, and began to usurp power from others so that he could coat the world in darkness. After Vaati is defeated, Link and Zelda battle Ganon and seal him away within the Four Sword.

Alienous

Maybe no new male can be born if the other is partially alive in Ganon? or the Gerudo kill all the male children now in fear of another Ganondorf.

I have to assume the latter.

I was really hoping I'd learn that they
imprisoned male Gerudo at birth as a precaution
in Breath of the WIld, or something.

Considering they sell Gerudo Voe armor in Gerudo City, male Gerudos probably still exist, but they're probably sent away with their mothers right away to live anywhere else (and this is without even considering the Ganondorf thing, as males aren't allowed in the city in the first place.)

Kneefoil

So then what's Link's last name

https://youtu.be/qApEgUxp58k?t=1m18s

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is only one Ganondorf. I think OoT, TP, and WW all share the same villain but in different timelines and points in time.

The 'Dorf in those games is the same. Hyrule Historia says that the one in Four Swords Adventures is a different Ganondorf, though.

I hate to bring up timeline discussions, but I'm not sure why they stuck FSA several hundreds years after Ganondorf's defeat in TP instead of placing it between OoT and ALttP in the timeline. They could've stuck with just one Ganondorf, had they done so.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Considering they sell Gerudo Voe armor in Gerudo City, male Gerudos probably still exist, but they're probably sent away with their mothers right away to live anywhere else (and this is without even considering the Ganondorf thing, as males aren't allowed in the city in the first place.)

The armor is technically called Desert Voe armor and I believe the item descriptions only mention they're for males (rather than Gerudo males). I believe this does differ from other armors where they specify that the set was made for Hylians, so the possibility remains open that it could be for Gerudo voe as well.

- - -

My guess is that the Gerudo stopped giving birth to males altogether.

LordKasual

Banned
Link in Wind Waker definitely should have a last name

The other ones are always orphans / random conveniently foreveralone so i guess it doesnt matter

Zelda's last name is probably Hyrule. Or at least, it would make sense.

aBarreras

The 'Dorf in those games is the same. Hyrule Historia says that the one in Four Swords Adventures is a different Ganondorf, though.

I hate to bring up timeline discussions, but I'm not sure why they stuck FSA several hundreds years after Ganondorf's defeat in TP instead of placing it between OoT and ALttP in the timeline. They could've stuck with just one Ganondorf, had they done so.

i think that is good they did that, because if that was the case, whats the point of demise curse? the only ones reincarnating are link and zelda hahaha

So then what's Link's last name

i want in!

his last name is link, his first name is hyper :)

am i doing this right?

The Boat

Techincally there's only one Ganondorf, since that's his Gerudo name, FSA is a different Ganon, his beast/demon name.

Dragmire is an incredibly white Hylian last name for Ganondorf.

Smh!

My first thought, too, lol. Maybe it's the anglicized (hylianized?) version of his original Gerudo name. Assuming this is really official.

His father should be [hylian].

Oh, yeah... Unless the Gerudo are matrilineal!

I think we need a spinoff where you play as a Gerudo. Neiteio's right, they're the best.

Top Bottom