• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Gay and Bisexual thread |OT2|

Would be what I choose. Let's not have thread title that is not inviting to people who are still confused about their sexuality but need help and support. Also, I find the word "Queer" disgusting since that's still often used as insult.

_Isaac

Would be what I choose. Let's not have thread title that is not inviting to people who are still confused about their sexuality but need help and support. Also, I find the word "Queer" disgusting since that's still often used as insult.

That reminds me. We still have the coming out thread to fill up, you guys.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I guess that's true. It's weird though cause movies and TV shows would translate "Queer" as "Marica" for years so that's the definition I grew up with :p
It can have either either a positive or negative meaning depending on the context.

Sagitario

vsbri.gif

I am not a fan of those 3 words, honestly. In fact, I hate them.
They connote stigma, hate and mockery.

Now, someone explain me "Lettuce, Greens, Bacon |OT| LGB, BLT."

Delio

Would we just make the new thread in Off topic or Community? I mean I don't mind making it but would Evil just instantly move it?

Delio

I think im going to go with this. Simple yet it works.

Edit: AND it's up! *Ducks the rocks for the subtitle*

xion4360

I guess that's true. It's weird though cause movies and TV shows would translate "Queer" as "Marica" for years so that's the definition I grew up with :p

You could, essentially it still refers to gay, as does Pato.

Some areas apply different meanings to words, for example I could say maricon but mean it the same way as if I were saying fucker not referring to anything gay, but just insulting.

I think im going to go with this. Simple yet it works.

Edit: AND it's up! *Ducks the rocks for the subtitle*

I think Ill be more involved with Gay GAF side from now on, if youll have me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom