• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaze upon with thine eyen that webcomic which doth please us. Yea, verily.

Jiggy37 said:
Yes, "thy" in this case. Kind of glares, but oh well. :(

How do you know whether to use thy or thine, anyway... but yes, it stood out quite a lot, and I'm definitely not a grammar person... but when it's that obvious, I can't help but notice.

agrajag said:
No, it was a good answer. IE is a bad browser. It's IE's fault for using its own standards, not the websites'... Microsoft always wants to do things its own way, not the agreed upon one. Doesn't mean everyone needs to follow them.

Anything that can be done to get people to stop using IE is good! :)

Well okay, not anything. I understand the point of having sites work in any browser... but when MS has one standard and eveyrone else has another one, following the open standard over Microsoft's makes sense. But as an example of going too far, there was this one site I remember which simply didn't work in anything other than Firefox, and that was a problem because I use Seamonkey, not Firefox... my solution was the same one as with sites that only work in IE, just don't go to them. Of course here I mean "don't work at all," not just "have some display issues."

But within reasonable limits, encouraging people to stop using IE is good.

Death_Born said:
Of course it doesn't. You're not using the right browser.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Neither are you... :)

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

(I was always a Netscape user, so IE-styled Firefox has never attracted me at all... Seamonkey is the real successor of Netscape, not Firefox (which makes sense, considering that it runs on the same core as Mozilla and Netscape 6 before it...). Firefox is way too much like IE for me to like it.)

agrajag

Banned
A Black Falcon said:
But within reasonable limits, encouraging people to stop using IE is good.

Yeah, it's good is if your intention is to wage a crusade against Microsoft, not so much if your intention is to reach the maximum number of potential viewers.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
agrajag said:
The best thing is that Tyler just cleverly recaps things that are happening in the video game industry. The humor is all there already! Denis Dyack should be a character, even though he's not a console.
well, it doesn't hurt the kinds of characters he assigns each console, especially the Wii as a malevolent prick mad with power or the PS3 as a desperate former monarch pitifully attempting to take back his former glory from King Wii. it's beyond just regurgitating things that happen in the light of medieval tapestries, it's an excellent tongue in cheek commentary as well.

Exempted

Banned
Alex P said:
Yeah, is the ship from Battlecruiser 3000AD or something? It's familiar.

Fake edit: Yep.

476px-BattleCruiser_3000AD_box_scan.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
I had a feeling it had to do with flagship studios, but seeing that thread gives so much more context.

Hurrah for dependence on Neogaf for understanding videogame comics? o_O

AAK

It would have been more fitting to see 360 amputate a limb of Lord PS3 and then spitting and kicking him while he writhes in pain and humiliation.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
AAK said:
It would have been more fitting to see 360 amputate a limb of Lord PS3 and then spitting and kicking him while he writhes in pain and humiliation.

yes, that sounds... funny...

The Hermit

d79a766ae663b89e1bd94dfeefe56a5f9d5222a9.jpg

I kind expected this (MotionPlus), but I quite don´t get it...

Edit: Oh I got it... it seems that Lord Wii is pissed that even the Gods touched her daughter...

Johann

I think he wished for his daughter to have some divine conception (think Jesus, Herakles, and King Aurthur) going on in exchange for old school games.

Dyno

Lord Wii protecting his daughter's chastity (ie. Wii controller condom) is something of a running joke. Lesser periferals have landed in the stocks for such affrontry.

Top Bottom