• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC '10 Expectations

AranhaHunter said:
Except that Gears is not a MS IP. I'd personally love to see Gears 3 this year.

Owned or not, Gears is an Xbox 360 IP, and Microsoft has a big say in when and what on Gears. They have a Gears internal division to handle a lot of stuff for the IP, so it is not just something that is accidentally published by Microsoft. It is backed financially by them.

TheOddOne

Vinterbird said:
Owned or not, Gears is an Xbox 360 IP, and Microsoft has a big say in when and what on Gears. They have a Gears internal division to handle a lot of stuff for the IP, so it is not just something that is accidentally published by Microsoft. It is backed financially by them.
Yeah, this man is right and yes there is actually a Gears of War Publishing Team :lol

You know what would be a nice surprise, but isn't going to happen. It would be awesome if Valve were working with the Black Mesa team on an official Steam rollout of the game to coincide with Gabes award tomorrow.

Or a nice discount n the Valve catalog. I still haven't played Episode 2 yet so maybe that would just be nice for me. :D

iceatcs

Value, please allow PC vs Mac cross-platform.

Screaming over voicechat
"I'M A PeeeeeeeSeeeeeeee!!!"
"I'M A MAAAAAAAACCC!"

Suzzopher said:
Media Molecule need to make Sackboy the Sony equivalent of Avatars/Miis.
They should allow you to take pictures of your in-game sackboys and use them as PSN avatars.

That'd actually be a cool addition to the ps3's firmware. Allow developers to make it so that you can use in-game stuff as PSN avatars. It would kinda allow custom avatars while still preventing something obscene from becoming an avatar.

Vinterbird said:

Can you prove what you're claiming in bold?

EDIT: I should say besides the obvious giving moneyhatz to Epic Games for exclusive titles.

Daeda said:
Can't believe nobody has mentionned the big Deus Ex: Human Revolution reveal scheduled at GDC.

https://www.cmpevents.com/GD10/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=10889

Probably the most important reveal on the summit for me

this is all i need, really.

GDC has never stopped anyone from dropping announcements though. the big 3, as well as publishers, like to make online announcements and press release announcements AROUND events too- even ones they don't attend.

who knows. maybe some more studio heads will be fired soon and we'll get a few more premature announcements to help distract from the incident. :D
that's actually pretty fucking sad, i apologize

Tiktaalik

Most of the news we'll get out of GDC will be about social gaming and iPhone gaming. iPhone gaming alone is having it's own summit ahead of GDC. The keynote is from Sid Meier, and chances are he'll be talking about Civilization for Facebook.

Sorry hardcore gamers.

AranhaHunter said:
Can you prove what you're claiming in bold?

EDIT: I should say besides the obvious giving moneyhatz to Epic Games for exclusive titles.

Not a part from what has already been stated: It is an IP on Microsoft systems, Microsoft has an internal PR department for it, Microsoft execs has been associated with brand development for the IP, it is financially backed by Microsoft and it is seen as an 360 excluesive.

Microsoft owns the IP without legally owning it, and they have contracts stating that Gears is an Microsoft co-developed/owned IP which has been discussed many times.

The short of it is, Microsoft has a big say in when Cliffy should walk out and scream "MOTHERFUCKING JUICE" to let people know Gears3 is coming. Which won't happen until 2011.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So what's the best way to follow this event today ?

Seems to be a strange lack of GDC hype :-(

I actually looking forward to see new information regarding the ARC/GEM, hope they show some core applications for the device.

lowrider007 said:
So what's the best way to follow this event today ?

Seems to be a strange lack of GDC hype :-(

I actually looking forward to see new information regarding the ARC/GEM, hope they show some core applications for the device.

There should be some live blogs and a few streams

JaggedSac

From LionheadStudios twitter:

RT @joeHega: #GDC today, lots of #Fable3 news. Follow the #Lionhead folks: http://www.lionhead.com/Twitter"

So, it looks like we will be seeing some more of Fable 3 today, and as an undesired consequence, we will be seeing more lame jokes about "touch" today.

TheOddOne

JaggedSac said:

"RT @joeHega: #GDC today, lots of #Fable3 news. Follow the #Lionhead folks: http://www.lionhead.com/Twitter"

So, it looks like we will be seeing some more of Fable 3 today, and as an undesired consequence, we will be seeing more lame jokes about "touch" today.
Wou would not like to touch the fable spots?

JaggedSac said:

So being bored I look at molyneux's twitter and see this:

Ended up telling the immagration guy all about fable 3 he kinda looked confused as if I were some games terorist
:lol This guy lives in his own little world, it's awesome.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
bluehat9 said:
Hot Shots golf with a LBP-style course creator.

I can dream.

Here here,

I wish another Everybody's Golf would be announced, World Tour (EU) is still one of my favourite PS3 games, what are Clap Hanz doing right now?, are they even working on another Everybody's Golf?

lowrider007 said:
Here here,

I wish another Everybody's Golf would be announced, World Tour (EU) is still one of my favourite PS3 games, what are Clap Hanz doing right now?, are they even working on another Everybody's Golf?

They must be working on a Hot Shots Golf ARC and Tennis ARC

Top Bottom