• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox is hiring for a writer to work on Borderlands 3

Stygr

Banned
As reported by PCGamesN, Gearbox is looking for a writer to work on an "unannounced AAA FPS/RPG hybrid with strong characters and central narrative thread" with "a love of comedy writing".
This is basically another confirmation for Borderlands 3, after the recent Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo and Randy's hints during interviews and tweets.

Full Job Post
Gearbox is looking for someone to join the writing team for an unannounced AAA FPS/RPG hybrid with strong characters and central narrative thread.

The successful candidate will join the writing team to write, punch up and iterate scripts in-line with established story and plot outlines. Responsibilities will include writing dialogue for voice-over and in-game text for missions, flavor and user interfaces. A love for comedy writing with respect for a serious underlying plot is helpful. The ability to work with a team and to accept notes, criticism and the iterative process is a must.

Required Skills:

-Strong ability to collaborate with other creative people from all disciplines (art, design and engineering).
-Demonstrable skill in writing entertaining and engaging dialogue with meaningful character interactions.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to prioritize and execute multiple threads of writing tasks under a reasonable deadline commitment with professional organizational and team work skills.
-Strong passion and demonstrable ability for comedic or satiric writing.
-Published work in video games, comic books, web-based material, TV, or film.
-Desire and ability to work with an experienced team of creative professionals.
-Must be local or willing to relocate to the North Dallas area (relocation assistance available for successful candidate).

Months ago, Take-Two teased a "highly-anticipated new title from one of 2K's biggest franchises" coming in 2019 Fiscal year, between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019. So probably this game is indeed Borderlands 3, B2 came out in September, in Spring they will have Red Dead Redemption 2 so i'm assuming we could see B3 either late 2018 or early 2019.

Se_7_eN

This, CyberPunk2077, and RDR 2 are all I am looking forward to.... Unfortunately, this makes it sound like its quite a ways off.

I hope they add armor and a social space.

As long as it's not like Borderlands 2 I'll be interested to see. That said the thought that the artstyle is what was holding Borderlands back is one that still concerns me, hopefully they've just shaken it up instead of going for something less unique.

kurahador

Just hire those who wrote Tales From the Borderlands. Hell, get Tim Schafer and Chris Avellone to write a few quest lines.

They survived Aliens: Colonial Marines, Duke Nukem Forever and Battleborn.
After 3 flops they are still alive and in business. Borderlands kept them alive.

What was Borderlands 2; 2012? I wonder if they've taken too long getting this sequel out and they'll have missed the chance to capitalise on the brand name. What they should do is make absolutely sure this is filled with content so that it's seen as a good alternative to Destiny 2 when it launches.

PMS341

Please, please hire someone funny.

I love the Borderlands series, fun to play and all, but the writing took a nosedive in the second game. Very memey and "epic", if that makes sense.

Stygr

Banned
What was Borderlands 2; 2012? I wonder if they've taken too long getting this sequel out and they'll have missed the chance to capitalise on the brand name. What they should do is make absolutely sure this is filled with content so that it's seen as a good alternative to Destiny 2 when it launches.

Yup 2012.
The only think sure, are the MT, this game with the gazillion guns will be an easy fit for lootboxes with weapon drops. No more Borderlands 2 golden keys :(

Borderlands "writing"

4So2rzd.jpg

Falchion

A lot of hate in here for the Borderlands writing. I've always enjoyed it and they have some hilarious characters.

Marvie_3

Banned
A lot of the writing in BL2 was absolutely terrible, especially after multiple playthroughs.

Less is more, Gearbox.

AlexBasch

What kind of dank memes will they place in Borderlands 3? Oh em gee sure I'm excited to know.

Keep the gameplay good and I won't care about your absolute lack of comedy sense with shit writing and awful characters, Gearbox, that's all I'm asking.

Cess007

Nice.

Tho, I would worry when they ask for an expert on "monetizing" or something like that. Borderlans looks like the game Gearbox would love to put Lootcrates on. I mean, the game already has them :/

Stygr

Banned
we're not getting this this gen are we?

Take-Two said that there will be a new game in 2018 from one of the beloved 2K franchises.

Not sure if 2018 fiscal year or 2018. But looking at next year from 2k we are getting only the NBA and WWE games and nothing new at the moment, so maybe Borderlands 3 will indeed be available on 2018.

Top Bottom