• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox Publishing and G2A team up on a collector’s edition of Bulletstorm

Avallon

Press release courtesy of Gamasutra:

Gearbox Publishing, People Can Fly, and digital gaming marketplace ******** are teaming up on a limited collector’s edition of the upcoming Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. The G2A Collector’s Editions will include unique figurines of Grayson Hunt, Trishka Novak, and Ishi Sato.

There will be 54 exclusive collector’s editions of the upcoming Bulletstorm title for sale on ********. Each G2A Collector’s Edition will come in a custom-made, bullet-ridden steel box. Each box was taken to a shooting range and shot with 9mm live rounds - guaranteeing that no two boxes will be alike. There will be two different versions of the G2A Collector’s Edition: one premium and one standard. The G2A Premium Collector’s Edition will cost €249.99 and will include a Bulletstorm t-shirt (created by G2A’s clothing and accessory hub G2A Gear), a Bulletstorm mouse pad, specially made dog tags, a Steam CD-Key, as well as a 3D-printed and expertly hand-painted collector’s figurine of either Grayson Hunt, Trishka Novak, or Ishi Sato.

There will be six G2A Premium Collector’s Editions – two with a figurine of Grayson, two with a figurine of Trishka, and two with a figurine of Sato. The figurines are sequentially numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity, hand-signed by Sebastian Wojciechowksi, Head of Studio at People Can Fly.

The standard G2A Collector’s Edition will cost €99.99 and will include specially made dog tags, a Steam CD-Key, as well as an airbrushed, 3D-printed, and sequentially numbered collector’s figurine of either Grayson Hunt, Trishka Novak, or Ishi Sato, along with a certificate of authenticity hand-signed by Wojciechowski. There will be 48 G2A Collector’s Editions for sale – 16 with Grayson, 16 with Trishka, and 16 with Sato.

The figurines included in the collector’s editions have never been available anywhere else, and will not be available again. They have been specifically designed and carefully crafted by G2A’s 3D-printing platform, G2A 3D, exclusively for Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition.

The G2A Collector’s Editions of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition go on sale April 4th, 2017 at 5:00pm GMT and will only be available while supplies last.

Visit https://www.********/bulletstorm/ to view the pre-order.

Please contact pr@******** or vincent.slaven@gearboxsoftware.com for more information.

dugdug

Banned
G2A is a shady key-reselling website isn't it?

Man, I'm usually the only person defending Gearbox on this forum, but, this is weird.

Modoru

giphy.gif

Fury451

Banned
The game was fun, but it wasn't that good.

There's probably a fan or two out there who would absolutely love this, and I'm happy for them, but I don't get it.

Edit: Apparentlyl I don't know about G2A; what's their deal?

Corpekata

Banned
This is like a masterpiece of bad PR. They're already under some for the fact it's full price on PC without much changes and including Denuvo when DRM is what fucked over the last PC version, but now they want to do a collector's edition for the version that is the least upgraded version, and thus is very likely to do poorly. And with G2A of all people.

And that's ignoring the pushback about the price in general on all platforms. It is baffling how tone deaf they've handled this remaster.

I think bulletstorm is pretty okay.

This seems like a lot of effort and attention being paid to fucking bulletstorm, packaged with a lot of garbage(both literally and figuratively speaking)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wait, they're going with Denuvo? Man, I thought Gearbox turned the corner with DRM, with the Homeworld stuff coming to GOG. I would've shelled out $60 for it, like an idiot, if it didn't have DRM. Now? I'm not buying it.

G2A is just icing on the cake.

Axial

Liars and crooks working together, no surprise here.
I'd rather play the old GFWL version of the game than giving them any money.

prudislav

Weird, I've played Bulletstorm on Windows 10 without using any third party tools (Steam version, also has GFWL)
well i remember with boxed copy i had to disable some windowssecurity policies to get Securom part of DRM working (would honestly rather use crack than disable stuff in Win10 thats blocking securom rootkit).... , but never gotthe GfWL part of it working (gave up after cca 1 hour of trying and used cracked executables)

Mupod

lol at the banned links. But yeah, how the fuck would anyone think it's a good idea to do business with G2A. I understand twitch streamers and the like desperate for ad revenue but Gearbox?

Syril

WTF, isn't G2A the reseller that's most known out of all of them for using stolen credit cards to buy their stock?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
WTF, isn't G2A the reseller that's most known out of all of them for using stolen credit cards to buy their stock?

It's also a marketplace, they aren't buying the stock with stolen cards...

Apathy

Rewarding such a scumbag company. It's exactly what g2a planned. Fuck over companies with shady keys so that those companies got scared enough to partner with them to get legit keys so they wouldn't lose out on sales

MUnited83

For you.
It's also a marketplace, they aren't buying the stock with stolen cards...
Doesn't matter. They let scammers run rampant on their store.
Not only that, they even fucking dare to make you pay a protection fee in case your game gets revoked. And they sneakily sign up their customers into a monthly subscription protection fee without their consent. This is literally illegal as fuck.

data

G2A is a shady key-reselling website isn't it?

Man, I'm usually the only person defending Gearbox on this forum, but, this is weird.

It's eBay with steam keys.

Their G2A shield thing is shady as fuck, and I've had several issues with it. But the 2 times I've needed to use their support, I didn't even have g2a shield and it was always in my favour either way. And it didn't take too long either.

I don't see the problem with gearbox doing this, since g2a is all about the sellers, and Gearbox is pretty reputable.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This couldn't be more perfect.

A shitty dev like Gearbox couldn't possibly team up with a shittier company.

I love it.

Top Bottom