• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox Teases A New Duke Nukem Or Bulletstorm game

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I don’t think Gearbox has the talent to make anything good nowadays. I wouldn’t want them handling a beloved IP like Duke Nukem or even Bulletstorm.

Well there is a good chance a Bulletstorm 2 would be made by People That Fly just like the first one, as they developed the 2017 remaster of the first also published by Gearbox, so that could be good.

Not sure if anything good could come from a new Gearbox developed Duke at the moment.

Deuterion

If they remake Duke Nukem they need to reimagine him because the Duke from DN3D is corny as hell now. Lines like:

“It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum”

“What are you some bottom beating, scum sucking, algae eater”

...we’re cool 22 years because they were edgy. That was one of my main gripes with DNF, I felt like the didn’t use their imagination...they just did DN3D all over again and it was incredibly cheesy. Nowadays they say bitch, ass, and damn on TV so no one is gonna get shocked at being able to press space bar to throw money on a stripper. They need to modernize him and make him more realistic...we don’t want him to lose his edge but it needs to be realistic now.

Last edited:
Isnt that just a screenshot from the Bulletstorm remaster and the Duke model switch DLC.. How is that a tease for a game?

More like a set up for an early April Fools joke.

Either game getting a new entry would give Resetera an aneurysm though.

DryvBy

If they remake Duke Nukem they need to reimagine him because the Duke from DN3D is corny as hell now. Lines like:

“It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum”

“What are you some bottom beating, scum sucking, algae eater”

...we’re cool 22 years because they were edgy. That was one of my main gripes with DNF, I felt like the didn’t use their imagination...they just did DN3D all over again and it was incredibly cheesy. Nowadays they say bitch, ass, and damn on TV so no one is gonna get shocked at being able to press space bar to throw money on a stripper. They need to modernize him and make him more realistic...we don’t want him to lose his edge but it needs to be realistic now.

The corn is what makes it great. And most all of his lines are based on old action movies. There was a part of gaming that did this. Even Age of Empires II has taunts using lines from History of the World Part I.

Deuterion

The corn is what makes it great. And most all of his lines are based on old action movies. There was a part of gaming that did this. Even Age of Empires II has taunts using lines from History of the World Part I.

It wasn’t corny back in 1996 though, it was edgy and novel which is what they should aim for if they continue the franchise.

Shifty

I'd totally take a new Bulletstorm. That game was dumb fun.

Duke less so, because Gearbox's previous attempt was less than stellar.

Top Bottom