• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 4: all the PC graphics options

Definitely going to max out everything except for Vehicle Textures. Putting that shit on lowest to get that fps boost.
Serious Sam 3 I think still has the record for PC options.

Serious Sam was nuts.
x9BufDB.jpg

Angel_DvA

Gears 4 looks like to be the best Xbox One game port ever, so ready for this game but I'll take it on Xbox One because friends ; )

Gears 4 looks like to be the best Xbox One game port ever, so ready for this game but I'll take it on Xbox One because friends ; )

But you get the PC version free with Xbox One version, so you can just play the campaign on PC and online on Xbox, like I plan to.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really intrigued by the Mature Content and Gore toggles. I mean, isn't this a game where you can chainsaw enemies open? (I'm guessing based on past GoW games, so I could be wrong) I don't really know how you turn that off, and thus, I'm not really sure what those toggles would do. I guess everyone has different ideas of what those words mean. I'm very curious how the game is changed by them.

I really should finish up 2 before this is released. I already have it preordered.

These settings are nice, but all I need is a 1080p setting that runs the game at 60 fps

I'm really intrigued by the Mature Content and Gore toggles. I mean, isn't this a game where you can chainsaw enemies open? (I'm guessing based on past GoW games, so I could be wrong) I don't really know how you turn that off, and thus, I'm not really sure what those toggles would do. I guess everyone has different ideas of what those words mean. I'm very curious how the game is changed by them.
In gears 2 bodies would just fall or dissappear and sparks replaced blood.

Grief.exe

Small detail that could be easily overlooked.

At the bottom of the screen shows information how each individual setting will effect the CPU usage, GPU usage, and VRAM usage.

2dPuX.gif

Dynasty

Good sign, means they are actually putting a lot of thought into the PC port. Honestly Gears 4, Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 3 all need to run amazing day 1. They also they shouldn't be afraid to delay the PC version of any game, if it means releasing it in a better quality, QB shouldn't have been released on PC in that state.

Goddamn there are so many settings, that could take a while to configure on my laptop. On my desktop I should be fine provided the port is optimised well but based on this I expect it to be.

zCD5hgq.jpg

I am looking forward to tests done with those advanced options (async compute, tiled resources, multi gpu, etc)

BTW it's not good to hotlink? You seem to have killed the site.

UWP integration likely puts a ceiling on the amount of sales.

Eh idk. I still think long term MS can be very successful on PC. If they start dropping legit ports of awesome games people will deal with UWP. If they manage to release Gears 4, Horizon 3, and Sea of Thieves in excellent condition on PC I think we'll start to see more people support

Kudo

Hopefully it'll run well, might pick this up for the campaign, the trailer I saw at 2015 E3 looked pretty neat.
I've only played Gears 1 but I'd assume they'll have some sort of recap for us that missed 2-3? Guess Wikipedia will do if not.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
UWP integration likely puts a ceiling on the amount of sales.

Yeah. I almost want to wait to see if there's even a remote chance of a Steam version like QB, but I also want to play a new GoW game too. Also a bit disappointed we aren't getting cross-platform MP modes. I'm glad we are getting cross platform co-op, but I'd love to see the MP modes too just to have a thriving community on all platforms. I'd even settle for controller-only cross platform play.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's a lot of fucking options.
Microsoft bettering their approach to PC gaming one baby step at a time.

Oh this is a Gears thread so obligatory those graphics look bad like from 360 yada yada.

; )

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Why did textures suffer so much on GoW: Ultimate on cards w/ less that 2GB? Blurry messy textures. Made the OG version look razor sharp in comparison.

ultrawide support?

I would expect not

still, looking good. the fact I get this for both xbone and pc for buying it digitally is pretty great

Caayn

Small detail that could be easily overlooked.

At the bottom of the screen shows information how each individual setting will effect the CPU usage, GPU usage, and VRAM usage.

2dPuX.gif
Didn't notice that until I read your post. A small detail indeed but it's a nice touch.

jediyoshi

"ambient occlusion intensity" is crazy, how many other games allow you to modify a specific implementation's effect? If it weren't for source film maker, I wouldn't even know an AO type and how they're actually configured to look could be separate things.

shandy706

Employee: Sir, Sir...they're still complaining about options in our games.
The Spence: Options? Options?!!!! OPTIONS?!
Employee: ..uuuuhhh...yyyy...yeahh...yes sir.
The Spence: I'LL GIVE THEM SOME !@#$!%$! OPTIONS!!!! WHERE'S THE GEARS 4 TEAM AT?!

Top Bottom