• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 4 Xbox One S will now be released on October 6th

No doubt the XBO will need updating, then I've got another 80GB to download too, so the more time I've got the better I suppose!

Asherdude

I saw it on display at the Microsoft Store in Tulsa Oklahoma today. It's beautiful.

pJXpvvX.jpg

H37g8Qo.jpg

yPzJJQO.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
Heh. That's not real, right? That's hideous.

I never post on the video game section but I just came here to say that's the worst looking game console design I have ever laid eyes on.

I'd be embarrassed to have that in a visible space in my home.

I've also seen it up close at the Microsoft Store on 5th Ave in New York City and it's not beautiful. The red is an assault on the eyes.

That is the ugliest damn console

That's friggin horrible lol..

Sheesh...

lol picture posting backfired bad

Noobcraft

The console would go great in a slaughterhouse or something, but it looks like it would clash with my living room aesthetic.

Wouldn't accept this not for free, not even if I was paid to take it.
Let's not get crazy. You could put it in a paper bag or something.

Abdiel

I still have customers laugh at the pre-order image for this and ask me if this is a serious product. It's so ridiculous. We gave virtually no preorders for this thing. It's ghastly, and I've seen a lot of dumb consoles. The only one I think that is worse, purely from a sheer design aspect, is that ffxv custom one you can win from the contest where it looks like someone smashed two consoles from different spectrums together.

Just, sheesh. I get this has an audience, and power to them. But it's an incredibly self limiting item. I hope they realized that.

Lothars

The gears console looks amazing, my big issue with it is the price with it being at 549, I think it's overpriced.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Pfft, what the fuck is wrong with you people? That console is badass. Who the hell cares about the stylistic statement your fucking console makes anyway? I mean, really?

I actually think it looks brutal, bloody, and awesome. Sure it's not sleek and black and Apple-Esque but that's the point. It's abrasive and nasty and I love it.

Pfft, what the fuck is wrong with you people? That console is badass. Who the hell cares about the stylistic statement your fucking console makes anyway? I mean, really?

I actually think it looks brutal, bloody, and awesome. Sure it's not sleek and black and Apple-Esque but that's the point. It's abrasive and nasty and I love it.

You're right, it should go well with my blood splattered living room with the hanging chainsaws and locust head trophies on my wall.

Oh, the wife will be thrilled!

Kaydan

Banned
Not sure what the hate is all about. Console looks amazing. It's not a clean look but it doesn't have to be to look good.

If it was just a red system with black base, no "damage" or blood splatter, I'd buy it.

It looks ugly and tacky as hell.

Will continue to wait for an all black version of the system. Money's waiting Microsoft.

jrcbandit

Is it the battle damage/blood splatter that makes people hate the console so much? I might have actually bought it if it wasn't for the battle damage/blood crap, I like the red look overall (excluding the stupid blood splatter).

This is somehow uglier than that CoD PS4 with the safety orange that released a while back. I haven't seen a console this astoundingly ugly since... probably ever.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm a fan of anything that's 100% whatever it's supposed to be and this is a Gears Of War Console, no doubt about it. If you really like all the macho, horror, gung ho stuff that goes along with it then I guess this is the console for you.
There's not much point making a plain white console with a tasteful COG logo next to the power button if you want to reflect the series.

My initial reaction is that they could have done a more toned down design, perhaps one that reflects the metal/blue lights of the COG armour? But I don't think it's for me, either way.

Personally, I wouldn't have it by my TV. But that goes for pretty much any limited edition console, especially anything with a game's title on it, which this one avoids so I approve of that too.

Rizific

i dont even like the color red, but i think that console looks pretty good. at least it isnt a plain-jane special edition.

Asherdude

Exactly. I've got the Uncharted 4 Special Edition PS4. I was excited to get it. But after I put it on my shelf, I noticed that it just doesn't really stick out.

morwRsn.jpg

It's been sitting there for a long time now and no one in the house even knows that I got it. I want people to notice it when they come in the room. I don't want it to blend into the decor.

Top Bottom