• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 - Hivebusters Launch Trailer

Bullet Club

Return to Gears 5 with the Hivebusters expansion and undertake their first suicide mission. Explore the tropical Galangi islands, battle enemies with the team’s ultimate abilities and confront a deadly new predator. Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Gears 5’s campaign expansion is a 3-hour volcanic island adventure

Hivebusters launches next week

Microsoft has detailed Gears 5’s campaign expansion, Hivebusters, and announced a December 15 release date.

Hivebusters is a three-hour add-on set on the volcanic Galangi islands, where lava flows and sandy beaches are “crawling with Swarm and a deadly new predator”.

The expansion sees players step into the shoes of a three-person squad which purposefully gets itself captured by the enemy in order to destroy hive strongholds from within.

Hivebusters releases at 6am PT/9am ET/2pm UK on December 15 and will be available with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on console, PC and Android at launch.

It can be pre-purchased separately for $19.99/£14.99 and will also be included with a new Microsoft Store exclusive Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition ($59.99).

Available from December 15, the Game of the Year Edition comes with the Halo: Reach Character Pack and 30 days of boost too.

“Play as Lahni, Keegan and Mac – the heroes introduced in Gears 5’s Escape mode – in their first mission as part of the secretive Hivebuster program,” Microsoft says.

“Thrown together and dubbed ‘Scorpio Squad,’ their suicide mission to destroy a Swarm hive may hold the key to saving Sera and their own redemption.”

Hivebusters supports up to three-player co-op, split-screen or online, and features 16 new achievements to unlock for 210 Gamerscore.

Source: VGC

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great and action packed. Definitely looking forward to playing Hivebusters.

Desless1

Perfect! Looking good as always. Like that we get different teams perspective in this story and universe.

Top notch Coalition!

pr0cs

Cool just in time for holidays, since I'm stuck at home and they've locked all this shit down again I suspect there will be a LOT of game playing this xmas. I enjoyed 5's campaign, more is always welcome

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean after Gears 5 campaign it can't be very hard to make a more intresting game with more intresting characters and a not shit plot.

but to be fair from the trailer it looks a hell of alot more intresting than anything else they have done since Gears 3, will give this a wirl... gears 5 bored me to death and I uninstalled from gamepass after about 3 hours when I realised the decent first impression wasent going to get fixed after it was railroaded off to syberia.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Looks great, will definitely check it out. Hope it will be at least equally substantial as RAAM's Shadow for Gears 3.

Dazraell

That looks like the shit we want. Take note MS.

Hope this does well for them as it does look really good. Now if only I actually had an XBOX (or is this coming to Steam perhaps?).

It's coming everywhere where Gears 5 was released, Steam included.

cyen

Looks great! Do we know if we can download it separately or we need the main game to be installed? Just deleted it a few days a go...

I honestly think The Coalition are going to be a marquee powerhouse this gen regardless of platform, especially if they get to doing a new IP. Strongly talented studio there.

The DLC looks great, tho I think it should've been a bit longer. Maybe six hours at least, unless it's more a "three hours if you're really good, longer if you suck" kind of thing but I doubt that. Games don't really do that anymore.

Moogle11

Banned
Nice! I didn’t even know story DLC was planned for this. Will work in a replay-of Gears 4 and 5 (wanting to do so now that I have a 4K HDR stag and XSX anyway) after a first play through of Cyberpunk and then play the DLC.

VAL0R

Banned
Dinosaur chicken!? 🐔

So they come to snuff the rooster? Aww yeah-e-yeeeah.
ya know he ain't gonna die

Fredrik

Okay this looks great! And I always search for a reason to play Gears 5 more, already did two playthroughs for the different endings, this will do nicely for another Gears session.
Had no idea there was a DLC coming, have they ever hinted this? Came out of nowhere for me.

stitch1

I don't know if many people have played this yet. I just gave it a little try last night and wow those graphics are very nice. Having an atmos soundtrack was a nice icing on top.

If you have game pass you should really give this a try. I've been making my way through the Spider-Man remaster on PS5 and that game looks good. But Hivebusters looks GREAT! I'll probably play the rest of it this weekend.

Top Bottom