• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 Is 'Grounded in Diversity' Says Director as Players Praise LGBT, Disability Representation

ExpandKong

Banned
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Really solid contribution to the discussion, good job.

SquillieDee

I imagine that if there wasn’t dev made banners and you had the tools to create your own, people who are using the pride banners would be using the tools to make their own pride banners. If that makes sense.

The inclusion makes sense. I’m sure they’d have sport teams for you to fly if they didn’t have to pay for the license.

If they had a Nationals, yes I’d buy it. I don’t look at the pride banners any differently than sport teams or whatever people fanboy over (auto makers, consoles, shoe brands).

Go Nats!!!

mckmas8808

Banned
Really solid contribution to the discussion, good job.

Then do better. You getting upset that people are proud of being gay, lesbian, Bi, or Trans shouldn't upset you. Them rocking a flag showing that is natural. People do it everyday with their flags representing.....

- the college they went to
- the state they are from or currently live in
- the country they were born in
- the car or bike club they are in
- the racing community they are in (i.e. Marathon runners and Triathletes)

So why should someone from the LGBT community not follow suit and do the exact same thing?

Katsura

Then do better. You getting upset that people are proud of being gay, lesbian, Bi, or Trans shouldn't upset you. Them rocking a flag showing that is natural. People do it everyday with their flags representing.....

So why should someone from the LGBT community not follow suit and do the exact same thing?
Because
- there is no straight pride flag and you know gaming media would throw a fit if there was
- most of the genders are imaginary

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Because
- there is no straight pride flag and you know gaming media would throw a fit if there was
- most of the genders are imaginary

Why would there be a straight pride flag given human history? Look at my examples again.......each and every one of them defines a person to some degree and says something. What does it mean to be straight? I'm straight and I can answer that question. There's not much defining us straight people in general.

Katsura

Why would there be a straight pride flag given human history? Look at my examples again.......each and every one of them defines a person to some degree and says something. What does it mean to be straight? I'm straight and I can answer that question. There's not much defining us straight people in general.
Being proud of being straight says just as much as being proud of being gay and even more than being proud of a made up gender. I thought the point was equality but maybe it's not? Also, you don't speak for all straight people. Feel free to not use the flag. Besides, it's just a flag signalling you're proud of being straight. Why do you care?
The one that had the gay guy speak?
Milo, yes

Last edited:
Who is Mensch?

Mensch was a British politician who sought fame by going all out in the Russia-Trump conspiracy circles. It even landed her on Bill Maher's show. She reports the most bat-shit crazy theories and gets all sorts of attention. She preys on the weak minded. Milo actually said she is doing this to fool the left.

Milo is the same, but different sides of the coin. He too preys on the dumbest, most isolated people to sell his brand.

ExpandKong

Banned

I’m not upset. I just think it’s retarded to wave around a flag declaring your love of cocks, or the fact that you’re taking hormone pills. It’s 2019, nobody cares anymore.

Maybe I should petition for a “nobody cares” flag to be added so I too can “rock a flag” representing me.

Thanks for actually typing up words this time at least. Maybe lead with that in the future instead of memes.

Katsura

Mensch was a British politician who sought fame by going all out in the Russia-Trump conspiracy circles. It even landed her on Bill Maher's show. She reports the most bat-shit crazy theories and gets all sorts of attention. She preys on the weak minded. Milo actually said she is doing this to fool the left.

Milo is the same, but different sides of the coin. He too preys on the dumbest, most isolated people to sell his brand.

Ok. So what does that have to do with straight pride flags? Is this some guilt by association fallacy argument? Also, Salon is an extreme left fake news blog

Last edited:
I’m not upset. I just think it’s retarded to wave around a flag declaring your love of cocks, or the fact that you’re taking hormone pills. It’s 2019, nobody cares anymore.

I wouldn't say that. Declaring you're gay can still be difficult for a lot of younger people out there. Especially in the midwest where I live.

MMaRsu

Banned

You seem to care enough to go on and on and on about it

When is your book coming out?

Last edited:
Ok. So what does that have to do with straight pride flags?

It's a stupid idea perpetuated by a man who has proven he doesn't believe in the shit he's spewing. And it seems only the dumbest people go along with it. So why would you subject yourself to this sort of ignorance by association?

ExpandKong

Banned
I wouldn't say that. Declaring you're gay can still be difficult for a lot of younger people out there. Especially in the midwest where I live.

Ehhh maybe. Sure, maybe there’s some kid in Kentucky whose only communication with his estranged father is the online games they play together and this Gears of War multiplayer flag is just the thing he needs to finally come out. I dunno. Good for him if that’s the case.

You seem to care enough to go on and on and on about it

When is your book coming out?

Who the fuck are you again and why do you give a shit about anything I’m saying?

Katsura

It's a stupid idea perpetuated by a man who has proven he doesn't believe in the shit he's spewing. And it seems only the dumbest people go along with it. So why would you subject yourself to this sort of ignorance by association?
The irony here is
- you're accusing people of being dumb while linking to one of the worst, regressive fake news blogs to ever exist
- you don't have a proper argument so you're resorting to guilt by association which is inherently fallacious and invalid
Someone is dumb here but i'm afraid it's you
By the way, Milo was invited to the parade. He had nothing to do with making it happen

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Ehhh maybe. Sure, maybe there’s some kid in Kentucky whose only communication with his estranged father is the online games they play together and this Gears of War multiplayer flag is just the thing he needs to finally come out. I dunno. Good for him if that’s the case.

Who the fuck are you again and why do you give a shit about anything I’m saying?

And who are you again and why should I care about anything you say? I already told you before that your opinion is horrendeous, and you are looking down on people for something they in fact have no choice in deciding.

I already know you hate gay folks, and told you to get over it, not get upset by seeing a gay guy or a trans guy in a game. You kept talking about how the games are forcing gender on you.

Then I hop into this thread and see you saying you don't care.

Yet again as I'll point out here you are going on and on and on about it aren't you? So you do seem to care.

ExpandKong

Banned
And who are you again and why should I care about anything you say? I already told you before that your opinion is horrendeous, and you are looking down on people for something they in fact have no choice in deciding.

I already know you hate gay folks, and told you to get over it, not get upset by seeing a gay guy or a trans guy in a game. You kept talking about how the games are forcing gender on you.

Then I hop into this thread and see you saying you don't care.

Yet again as I'll point out here you are going on and on and on about it aren't you? So you do seem to care.

You don’t know diddly about doodly my friend. Saying that you “know I hate gays” is odd. Please stop cyber-stalking and e-harassing me or I’ll get the Bully Hunters to ruin your K/D.

- you're accusing people of being dumb while linking to one of the worst, regressive fake news blogs to ever exist
- you don't have a proper argument so you're resorting to guilt by association which is inherently fallacious and invalid

Those people are dumb. And everything in the article was factual. He did say those words. He is friends with a woman who does the same thing to stupid people on the left.

These idiots who go around painting their faces green and wearing the KEK shirts are some of the dumbest people in the country. They make Trump supporters look bad. That isn't debatable.

MMaRsu

Banned
You don’t know diddly about doodly my friend. Saying that you “know I hate gays” is odd. Please stop cyber-stalking and e-harassing me or I’ll get the Bully Hunters to ruin your K/D.

Allright yes you have already made your opinions clear enough in this thread. What more do I need to know about you? Honestly jack fucking shit. And nice of you to actually dive into the argument, but deflecting instead and talking some gibberish about e-harassment.

get the fuck outta here bro with your bullshit

Katsura

Those people are dumb. And everything in the article was factual. He did say those words. He is friends with a woman who does the same thing to stupid people on the left.

These idiots who go around painting their faces green and wearing the KEK shirts are some of the dumbest people in the country. They make Trump supporters look bad. That isn't debatable.
It is debatable but more importantly, it's completely irrelevant to this topic. Now, unless you have something intelligent to add such as an actual valid point i'm going to disregard you. Seriously, linking to Salon while thinking you've got the upper hand, intellectually. Holy crap :D

Last edited:
It is debatable but more importantly, it's completely irrelevant to this topic.

You brought the straight pride flag up. But, I can see why you would want to forget that.

Seriously, linking to Salon while thinking you've got the upper hand, intellectually. Holy crap :D

What about the article was incorrect or not factual? Are you saying that Milo and Mensch are not close? Or that Milo didn't say those things?

Last edited:

Katsura

You brought the straight pride flag up. But, I can see why you would want to forget that.

What about the article was incorrect or not factual? Are you saying that Milo and Mensch are not close? Or that Milo didn't say those things?
And you have yet to argue why straight pride flag is bad outside of an invalid guilt by association fallacy that originated because of your own ignorance on the situation. As for fact checking Salon - hard pass. This topic is not about Milo despite your desperate and intellectually dishonest attempt at making it so

If being gay is something to be proud of then so is being straight. There is no way you can argue against that without being a bigot

Last edited:
If being gay is something to be proud of then so is being straight. There is no way you can argue against that without being a bigot

You show me a kid who was bullied because he was straight and committed suicide. You may have a point then. Unfortunately, the opposite is still happening in this country. So yeah, I have no problem with gay people showing their pride.

Katsura

You show me a kid who was bullied because he was straight and committed suicide. You may have a point then. Unfortunately, the opposite is still happening in this country. So yeah, I have no problem with gay people showing their pride.

Again, irrelevant. That has nothing to do with a straight pride flag. Why is it you can't stay on topic?

ExpandKong

Banned
Allright yes you have already made your opinions clear enough in this thread. What more do I need to know about you? Honestly jack fucking shit. And nice of you to actually dive into the argument, but deflecting instead and talking some gibberish about e-harassment.

get the fuck outta here bro with your bullshit

oh okay bro sorry to be a bother dude thanks for analyzing my shitposting and deducing that i hate homosexuals fam you really doctor Phil’d the shit outta my situation pal please in the future keep stalking my post history so you can let me know if you figure out any other problems i might have

brosef

Again, irrelevant.

Wrong. It is ENTIRELY relevant. You want to know why gay people like to express pride in being gay and I pointed out that kids are still being bullied by homophobic assholes so it makes sense to spread awareness and pride.

There is no persecution of straight people happening right now so the idea of a 'straight pride flag' is irrelevant. Why are you bringing it up?

Katsura

Wrong. It is ENTIRELY relevant. You want to know why gay people like to express pride in being gay and I pointed out that kids are still being bullied by homophobic assholes so it makes sense to spread awareness and pride.

There is no persecution of straight people happening right now so the idea of a 'straight pride flag' is irrelevant. Why are you bringing it up?
Where does it say persecution is a requirement for feeling proud? I'm gonna need a proper source on that. Unless you can provide one, yes, it's entirely irrelevant to a straight pride flag

Teslerum

Yes, there is. Look at twitter, look at social media. It's the bullshit direction we're heading in, because people like you tip the scale completly in another direction while not seeing the hypocrisy.

And just for your information theres plenty of groups that had their children bullied to death. Today. Where are all their pride flags?

mckmas8808

Banned
Being proud of being straight says just as much as being proud of being gay and even more than being proud of a made up gender. I thought the point was equality but maybe it's not? Also, you don't speak for all straight people. Feel free to not use the flag. Besides, it's just a flag signalling you're proud of being straight. Why do you care?

So you don't think there's been legalized discrimination against gay people in America and other countries?

Maybe I should petition for a “nobody cares” flag to be added so I too can “rock a flag” representing me.

Thanks for actually typing up words this time at least. Maybe lead with that in the future instead of memes.

But clearly you care though. And clearly the majority of the state laws care too.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned

Is slapping a rainbow flag behind his Gears of War profile gonna help that gay kid not get bullied? Is that what we’re saying now?

kingwingin

I'm sure if police weren't attending that straight pride parade then those guys would have gotten a lot worse than that kid ever would have. You never hear of an antifa equivalent waiting to bash peoples heads in at a gay parade.

Last edited:

Katsura

So you don't think there's been legalized discrimination against gay people in America and other countries?
Where did i say that? I'm saying if one type of sexuality is something to be proud of then so is another. Sorry, i don't play the Oppression Olympics. I'm for actual equality

I'm sure if police weren't attending that straight pride parade then those guys would have gotten a lot worse than that kid ever would have. You never hear of an antifa equivalent waiting to bash peoples heads in at a gay parade.

So you have two groups of idiots fighting each other. Congrats?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Unless it is klAntifa themselves gay bashing Andy Ngo in Pride Month. :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Where did i say that? I'm saying if one type of sexuality is something to be proud of then so is another. Sorry, i don't play the Oppression Olympics. I'm for actual equality

If you are for "actually equality" then why are you hiding from history? And why are you being fake about the current state of things?

Katsura

If you are for "actually equality" then why are you hiding from history? And why are you being fake about the current state of things?
I'm doing neither of those things. I'm saying they are irrelevant in regards to a straight pride flag. Actual equality means no discrimination. What you're advocating is discrimination. Now, please stop putting words in my mouth. It's a very dishonest and transparent way to argue and i'm not buying it

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
oh okay bro sorry to be a bother dude thanks for analyzing my shitposting and deducing that i hate homosexuals fam you really doctor Phil’d the shit outta my situation pal please in the future keep stalking my post history so you can let me know if you figure out any other problems i might have

brosef

Dude im not "stalking your post history".. I posted in this thread earlier and I was just hopping in.

Then I see you still talking about the same shit from 4/5 pages ago.

Then you claim you don't care.

Keep ignoring what I'm actually saying and you do you man.

royox

So you saying straight people can't be proud of being straight so they can't show pride? That sounds very biggot.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
It spills over, see which hunts, swatting and so on. Or groups like Antifa.

Which you also dismiss out of hand I see since it doesn't suit your argument.

Yeah, you're really the honest one here aren't ya?

All I can tell you is to go outside and enjoy life, and not go out seeking this kind of shit on Twitter. Witch hunts? Dude, I don't see any fucking Witch hunts. Swatting has been going on for years and years, irrelevant of people's skin color or choice of sexuality.

Groups like antifa are bad, but on the other hand you have a group of people who feel right by shitting on people who do not share their sexuality, religion or skin color. All those extremists are bad. Don't allow yourself to fall into one of those camps either way.

Don't let yourself be influenced by such people in any way man, they will make you angry inside, boil up your angers because you see shit happening you cannot influence. You will start seeking out such news about such events, and only further deepen yourself into the hivemind that you have become a part of.

I have even seen this shit happen on GAF, where the hivemind ruled all.

Please understand I am saying this to you and anyone else in this thread. We are all humans, we should all tolerate each other. We don't all have to like eachother or agree or be of the same sexuality, religion or convictions. We all have our pains and troubles, we all go through fucking shit. That's life man! But we can also come together and enjoy things that we do share such as music, videogames, art or movies. Or any other part of life!

That's why we all came to this community of gamers, to discuss shit that we enjoy! Not to fucking argue with eachother because a company decided to include a rainbow flag that people can equip. What the fuck is wrong with rainbows? I love rainbows! They are awesome to look at. And if people of the homosexual preference choose that as a symbol for their gayness so be it, who am I to say NO YOU MAY NOT AND SHOULD NOT USE THIS SYMBOL IT IS MORAL DEPRAVITY. Who the fuck am I some kind of crazy Jack Thompson who wants to KEEP OUR CHILDREN SAFE?

Let us all calm down and try to understand one another. Once again we don't have to all agree on everything, but shit is just getting out of hand in this topic and on some parts of GAF too.

I enjoy this community, but sometimes I see this being said that I'm like what the hell man, have some goddamn respect. I'm sure we all want to be respected, but let's not try to denigrate other people because they do not share our views, sexuality, religion or conviction.

If anyone read this wall of text I hope you agree.

MMaRsu

Banned
So you saying straight people can't be proud of being straight so they can't show pride? That sounds very biggot.

I already said it once in this thread, but being proud of something you have no control over is stupid in my opinion. But please read the post I made above you :)

ExpandKong

Banned
Last edited:
Top Bottom