• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 Official Versus Tech Test Trailer

J-Roderton

giphy.gif

Mista

Banned
The signal is 4k 60, but I doubt it's internally rendered at that resolution.
Been playing bootcamp and it’s definitely that. The smoothness is unreal. It’s making Gears 4 look like a joke. Never felt a character this light in Gears before

Tygeezy

Been playing bootcamp and it’s definitely that. The smoothness is unreal. It’s making Gears 4 look like a joke. Never felt a character this light in Gears before
I'll wait til digital foundry gets their hands on it to see what they have to say. I'll be getting gamepass to play this game on pc though. It's still cross play correct?

When launching I got a popup warning me about possible compatibility issues with my RX 580 drivers. Decided to run the benchmark with default settings to see and i got to say I love the built in benchmark. Didn't run into any issues yet aside from only getting around 60fps but my lows are only 58fps so it's been playable so far. Gonna play with the settings a little more and see if I can get a better result later.
0zrUPOi.png

VAL0R

Banned

Wow, watching this clip really convinces me that the Coalition gets it. I'm so glad they are now unafraid to make their own rules. The improved rifle play was needed badly. I love how the active reload works with the Gnasher now (clip reduction punish/clip increase reward). The new visualization system looks fantastic. This looks like the best Gears yet so far.

Mista

Banned
Yeah tech test is whack. Try arcade it works for me

Played a couple of KotH games but not anymore

Dane

Played a bit, but it took a while to get into a match in Escalation, not to mention that at least in PT-BR language, there are a few missing translated voice lines and completely glitchy texts in some places (scrambled fonts). But otherwise, it was a great experience, we were losing the match until the last minute when we managed to turn tables in four rounds straight to victory (from 3-6 to 7-6). Ran smoothly in my Xbox One X.

Top Bottom