• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Borys

Banned
This seems to be one of the biggest games of 2008 ! (and I don't even like Microsoft that much):

• “Gears of War 2” (Epic Games). “Gears of War 2” è il sequel del campione di incassi, con 4,5 milioni di copie vendute, che ha ridefinito il genere dei giochi d’azione tattici in terza persona. “Gears of War 2” continua la storia di Marcus Fenix e della Squadra Delta in un’epica saga di sopravvivenza, sconfitta e castigo. Sviluppato da Epic Games in esclusiva per Xbox 360, “Gears of War 2” sarà disponibile dal prossimo novembre.

My rough italian-->polish-->english translation:

Gears of War 2 !!!

From Epic Games. November 2008. Sequel to the best-selling (4.5M copies) Gears of War. Follows the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad (Squad Delta?). 3rd person. Xbox 360 exclusive.

EDIT: Miles better translation by Manp:

“Gears of War 2” (Epic Games). “Gears of War 2” is the sequel to the best seller, with 4,5 million copies sold, which redefined the tactical/third person/action game genre. “Gears of War 2” follow the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Team in an epic saga of survival, defeat (?) and punishment. Developed by Epic games as an Xbox 360 exclusive, “Gears of War 2” will be available from November.

BOOYAH!!!

(thanks Spider_Jerusalem for the Italian PR)

hokahey

Will there be any bald space marines in this one? I really don't think we have enough games with bald space marines.

JimiNutz

Banned
Xater said:
I would rather hope for a trailer. it's coing out November that's the least we can expect imo :)

It'll no doubt be a short pre rendered teaser trailer like the Halo3 E3 one.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Borys said:
101%

Screens and art (bootleg at least) will for 100% be available in about an hour.

7970.png

Bring it on!!!

J-Rzez

Cerrius said:
Hopefully the multiplayer doesn't suck this go around.

This. Along with a couple other things like story, voice acting, gameplay, weapon selection. They had some time to work on it though, so i'm sure they ironed out a bit of that.

f@luS

More than a member.
Not a surprise. At all. Still really great , i loved GOW SP <3 (and hope they fix the MP)

Hootie

striKeVillain! said:
I was disappointed by the first but I'm jumping back onto the hype train. BYAHHHHH!

BOOM, YEAH! BRING IT ON SUCKA, THAT'S MY KIND OF SHIT.

Is that how it goes? :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Hootie said:
Joke post?

many many things were wrong with the multi.

lancer = crap, matches devolved into a bunch of random shotgun spamming, not to mention all the glitches and the crappy in game browser, no matchmaking, etc. etc.

but hey those graphics were nice amirite

Xater

Yasser said:
until it's on pc some months later, sure why not

Dude im loling that it has to mentioned by him. I think we all know this one was going to be a 360 exclusive. :lol

soco

totally not a surprise that it's getting announced. a bit surprised it's hitting this november. i welcome it anyway though.

Masenkame

Sweet, perfect time for a sequel. Gears of War is a great game, a game that brought me out my gaming slump when it came out. Can't wait!

Top Bottom