• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Aske said:
Exactly right. Baird should have his own game. In fact, the new game should be called Baird of War, and all the whole squad should be comprised of original Baird plus three Baird clones.
:lol:lol:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Tieno said:
Thread needs more CliffyB
gowguy.jpg

cliffyb1.jpg

Um, whoa, he looks totally different.

Aladuf

Banned
fernoca said:
As great as the first game was..
Why would anyone be surprised/shocked by the announcement of the sequel?
I mean..
They have been saying that they planned it as a trilogy since before the release of the first game..so, be either this year, next or in 2010..a sequel was coming anyway.

I don't think anybody is shocked by the announcement of a sequel, it's just nice to finally hear that it is confirmed and has a time frame for release.

Blimblim said:
I think we should do a ratio of stupidly laughing smileys / number of posts for you, I'm pretty sure you'd be in the top tier.
At least you'd have this to brag about.
Hey there's an idea for a tag.

Treo360

bluheim said:
WHAT A SURPRISE !!! :lol

Anyway, too little, too late.

Dude, you're fucking stupid.

Mods, I'm sorry but that level of stupidity and trolling has gotten old, joke character or not.

Aladuf

Banned
Aske said:
Exactly right. Baird should have his own game. In fact, the new game should be called Baird of War, and all the whole squad should be comprised of original Baird plus three Baird clones.

Hell Yeah!!

pr0cs

I hope:
1) 4 player coop
2) longer story
3) fleshed out back-story, too many holes in the original
4) same characters, same voice actors (Cole and Baird too please)
5) chainsaws

I'm excited, Gears of War was awesome, I loved the characters and gameplay.

Elhandro

DeadGzuz said:
I like Gears. I hope they make the campaign more varied and longer though. They also need to work on the AI, Uncharted puts it to shame. They just jumped over their cover into your gun fire. I would also like good boss fights, and not the QTE type they used.

More color and less one dimensional chars would be welcome too.

Uncharted was a fun game and the graphics were tight, but lauding that the AI was great or better than gears is where I draw the line. I mean with the constant respawning enemies and ludicrous slide animation into cover is not what I call exceptional AI. PLus I would say the worst offender of QTE this gen is uncharted last boss fight.

Please try harder

.....In saying all of this I am really excited to see what Gears 2 brings to the table, it really was the first game that had the graphic fedility and game play to begin this gen.

quest

Not Banned from OT
This must be a lie the 360 has no games coming in 2008 amiright?

Great news I can't wait for some screen shots and video footage. The first game was a blast hopefully the second is even better.

Rapping Granny said:
a multiplayer that doesnt suck

Actually I thought the multi was great. Still the most played MP game with folks here at the office. The big downside was the lack of a party system which they really really need.

Wow at all the pre-emptive bitter tears. And yes, there are dozens of people who thought not only that Gears wasn't coming in 2008, but that MS wouldn't have anything to announce at GDC because they 'blew their load' at the end of 07.

Now that we can lay that to rest, I can't wait for first screens to see how far the UE3 has come for consoles.

bluheim

Banned
Blimblim said:
I think we should do a ratio of stupidly laughing smileys / number of posts for you, I'm pretty sure you'd be in the top tier.
At least you'd have this to brag about.

Funny, I've yet to see you comment on the stupidity that plague the boards of your own web site. Balayer devant sa porte, tout ça...

Elhandro said:
Uncharted was a fun game and the graphics were tight, but lauding that the AI was great or better than gears is where I draw the line. I mean with the constant respawning enemies and ludicrous slide animation into cover is not what I call exceptional AI. PLus I would say the worst offender of QTE this gen is uncharted last boss fight.

Please try harder

.....In saying all of this I am really excited to see what Gears 2 brings to the table, it really was the first game that had the graphic fedility and game play to begin this gen.
Why do we have to turn everything into a "vs." battle?

Kildace

bluheim said:
Funny, I've yet to see you comment on the stupidity that plague the boards of your own web site. Balayer devant sa porte, tout ça...

He's not responsible for the stupid user posts on his website, you definitely are responsible for your stupid posts though.

pr0cs

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Now that we can lay that to rest, I can't wait for first screens to see how far the UE3 has come for consoles.
This too, I'm curious if Epic has improved the engine for the 360. They likely learned a lot developing Gears and hopefully some of the knowledge can be applied to the sequel.

Console exclusive to the 360, I hope? It'd be a shame if we couldn't get to experience Gears 2 in the same way we have experienced Gears on PC, at highest quality levels and at a smooth 60fps.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Wow at all the pre-emptive bitter tears. And yes, there are dozens of people who thought not only that Gears wasn't coming in 2008, but that MS wouldn't have anything to announce at GDC because they 'blew their load' at the end of 07.

I see celebrating and trolling, but no bitter tears.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Elhandro said:
Please try harder

Ok, I will since you missed my point entirly.

Uncharted was a fun game and the graphics were tight, but lauding that the AI was great or better than gears is where I draw the line. I mean with the constant respawning enemies

Like climbing out of a hole was better? That has little to do with AI and not what I was referring to.

and ludicrous slide animation into cover

Again, that has nothing to do with AI.

AI stand for artificial intelligence. In Gear the bad guys either ran toward you or took cover and then ran toward you. In Uncharted sitting behind cover will get you killed. The bad guy flush you out and flank you. They make you think and the make you move.

So perhaps you should try harder.. at reading and stop playing GDF.

Barakov

Gold Member
MirageDwarf said:
With MS policy this year, I don't think we will see any in-game footage or screens. It will be just CG teaser. May be at E3.

When the hell is that, though? I heard that E3 wasn't coming until the Fall. Come on MS/Epic, give us something!

forgeforsaken said:
Actually I thought the multi was great. Still the most played MP game with folks here at the office. The big downside was the lack of a party system which they really really need.

A multiplayer where people take cover (Vegas) instead of running to each other, rolling then shotgun.

That was basically my entire online experience with that game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I love it when some one makes a stupid comment and everyone just bust out with either funny gifs and dumb ass remarks. Just ignore the fucking and don't feed him.

just tray

I was once at Game Crazy and a lady walks up to the counter and asks for Zelda on PS2 so yes they have to say the exclusive part and yes saying exclusive sells systems

DeadGzuz said:
Ok, I will since you missed my point entirly.

Like climbing out of a hole was better? That has little to do with AI and not what I was referring to.

Again, that has nothing to do with AI.

AI stand for artificial intelligence. In Gear the bad guys either ran toward you or took cover and then ran toward you. In Uncharted sitting behind cover will get you killed. The bad guy flush you out and flank you. They make you think and the make you move.

So perhaps you should try harder.. at reading and stop playing GDF.
I hate it when you guys argue :(

tha_con

Banned
Elhandro said:

Please try harder

OMG no don't you insult gears, lawl, Uncharted was the suck and blah blah bla!!!

Honestly, both were extremely exceptional games, with exceptional visuals, and great AI, each with strengths and weakness's.

End of story.

Haunted

Aske said:
You mean Carmine, right?

bluheim
Banned
(Today, 11:59 AM)
Reply | Quote
fucking finally!

scoobs

Things gears of war 2 needs to improve upon the first game.

-A story
-A game that lasts longer than 6 hours
-A multiplayer component that isn't technically flawed (host lag problems)

Top Bottom