• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 Announced. November. 360 Exclusive.

Suerte

Tieno said:
Thread needs more CliffyB
gowguy.jpg

cliffyb1.jpg

CliffyB is pretty hot.

tha_con said:
OMG no don't you insult gears, lawl, Uncharted was the suck and blah blah bla!!!

Honestly, both were extremely exceptional games, with exceptional visuals, and great AI, each with strengths and weakness's.

End of story.

DeadGzuz said:
Ok, I will since you missed my point entirly.

Like climbing out of a hole was better? That has little to do with AI and not what I was referring to.

Again, that has nothing to do with AI.

AI stand for artificial intelligence. In Gear the bad guys either ran toward you or took cover and then ran toward you. In Uncharted sitting behind cover will get you killed. The bad guy flush you out and flank you. They make you think and the make you move.

So perhaps you should try harder.. at reading and stop playing GDF.

Woah - what difficulty where you playing on?

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
scoobs said:
Things gears of war 2 needs to improve upon the first game.

-A story
-A game that lasts longer than 6 hours
-A multiplayer component that isn't technically flawed (host lag problems)
-Better boss battles

beerbelly

Banned
scoobs said:
Things gears of war 2 needs to improve upon the first game.

-A story
-A game that lasts longer than 6 hours
-A multiplayer component that isn't technically flawed (host lag problems)

I agree. And more gun fights in moody mansions please.

Z3F

Banned
Tom Penny said:
How is the PC verion on the first one? I almost bought it the other day. I wasn't sure if it would run like crap.

Right now, it's crap. It looks great in high res and runs at 60fps but there're lots of hitching in between, almost to the point of being unplayable. Some people have also lost saves. Go check out Epic's forums for all the problems that have frustated PC gamers. It's easily one of the shittiest console ports in recent memory. Too bad, Epic will never get down to fixing the problems as they're going to be focusing on the 360 sequel.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Gears of War > Halo for me this generation. Seriously, I could only play half of Halo 3 before getting bored. Gears just "feels" better. The shotgun FUCKING RULED in Multi.

saelz8

Z3F said:
Right now, it's crap. It looks great in True HD(tm) and runs at 60fps but there're lots of hitching in between, almost to the point of being unplayable. Some people have also lost saves. Go check out Epic's forums for all the problems that have frustated PC gamers. It's easily one of the shittiest console ports in recent memory. Too bad, Epic will never get down to fixing the problems as they're going to be focusing on the 360 sequel.
Did they ever patch in server support like they said they would?

Z3F

Banned
Anyone thinks it'll be kinda funny if 1 chapter is set in the jungle with lots of barrels waiting to explode?

Quellex said:
Did they ever patch in server support like they said they would?

Not sure. I never bothered with mutliplayer since I don't have GFW gold membership. They did release some patch but the game was still stuttering like crazy after the patch. The patch seems to have make the game more stable though. Before the patch, I would get random crashes.

Zenith

Banned
I'm expecting it to be to GoW1 what GRAW2 was to GRAW. essentially new content for campaign but no technical changes.

Treo360

bluheim
Banned
(Today, 12:06 PM)

raptorjesus.gif

So Hans, tjhooker anymore joke characters?

But back on topic here. I'm eager to see any media whether CG "in-game" bullshots anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Z3F said:
Anyone thinks it'll be kinda funny if 1 chapter is set in the jungle with lots of barrels waiting to explode?
Uh.

Borys

Banned
Was bluheim really a troll? I don't remember his posts much. Snah's and tjhooker's trolling is engraveled in my mind.

I guess he was a pretty weak-ass troll.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Blimblim said:
I think we should do a ratio of stupidly laughing smileys / number of posts for you, I'm pretty sure you'd be in the top tier.
At least you'd have this to brag about.

It's ok Blim, It's only nervous laughter.
Edit: Justice has for once prevailed I C.

Suerte

fernoca said:
bluheim's banning or Gears 2? :p

Yeah...too bad he's straight..though he looks like his open to ideas....exploration.....about games.. videogames... :(

:(

Oh well, I'm sure there are some hot (and willing) game developers out there :lol

McLovin said:
360 exclusive? So when can I expect the pc version?

After people have been properly impressed with Gears 2 for 360. Don't want people to feel like they are getting the lesser experience. And if it's going to be an actual 360 exclusive, I hope to god they can at least get it to run at a smooth 60fps.

traveler

Not Wario
I didn't think it would be out this year and yet here it is. Crow eating time.

Pretty excited about this- loved the mp in the first one. Could kinda care less about the campaign, unless it's significantly better this time around. Hopefully, they've found a way to fix/get rid of the bug/lag issues that plagued the first. (Read: dedicated servers plez)

Top Bottom