• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 on GamePro cover

Wollan

159408-1-1.jpg

TDG

Banned
It's Gamepro. Get real. It's probably just some rumors, and they put that on the cover in the hopes of increasing sales.

traveler

Not Wario
the disgruntled gamer said:
It's Gamepro. Get real. It's probably just some rumors, and they put that on the cover in the hopes of increasing sales.

Seriously. If they the exclusive debut of the game, I find it hard to believe they'd give R6:Vegas the cover.

Gigglepoo

"Our experts unveil 9 perfect heavy-hitters"

What the hell does that even mean? I'm going to guess a subtle allusion to Perfect Dark 3.

Dever

Banned
Meh. If they actually had any info, there's no way in hell the cover picture would be Rainbow Six. I think they just have some rumors and decided to put it on the cover to sell copies of the magazine.

Edit: Huh, beaten. You read my mind?!

Kyoufu

Misleading thread title. The cover story is Vegas 2. Gears is only a special report, who knows what info they actually have. Probably less than Famitsu's FFXIII reports..

pswii60

the disgruntled gamer said:

Basically. I bought a UK 360 magazine with 'hot new Alan Wake info' last month, only to find it was 2006 info.

Kevin

If they had a huge cover story for Gears of War 2 then that would cover the entire front page and not Rainbow Six 2. They probably just searched NeoGAF, saw a few comments and wrote a paragraph long segment about those comments and then stuck the name "Gears of War 2" on the front cover to sell more issues.

Damnit! You got my hopes up for nothing. Boo!

fistfulofmetal said:
It'll just be something like "Hey, it's exists"

I think even that is optimistic.

"Hey, it probably exists and...umm....it might be shown soon. Suckers!!"

I've seen British magazines touting Gears of War 2 news, and it amounts to little more than "We're sure CliffyB and Microsoft won't want this title laying dormant for too long".

Aladuf

Banned
I got my issue today, basically their saying how Gears 2, while not confirmed, should be set to get a fall 2008 release because Microsoft wants it to be out. And they stated that there should be some small changes like good matchmaking and other things... mostly things we already assumed.

Firestorm

Aladuf23 said:
I got my issue today, basically their saying how Gears 2, while not confirmed, should be set to get a fall 2008 release because Microsoft wants it to be out. And they stated that there should be some small changes like good matchmaking and other things... mostly things we already assumed.

lol gamepro
Why did you get an issue today anyway.

RS:V2 wootage

Gears was amazing, but I got more playtime out of Terrorist Hunt mode in RS:V. The shooter fan in me is overwhelmed with awesomeness from every direction.

pswii60

Aladuf23 said:

What are their 9 perfect shooters?

Quazar

traveler said:
Seriously. If they the exclusive debut of the game, I find it hard to believe they'd give R6:Vegas the cover.

Unless another mag has the cover story, and they just give little details inside. Never know.

EDIT: NVM

Ganondorfo

But it's about time that epic will release screenshots of gears of war 2, because insomniac showed a lot of screens of resistance 2.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
if that is one of those...Gears of Wars is expected to show up later this year at a convention and no info at all...Im gonna be pissed:lol

Aladuf

Banned
Firestorm said:
lol gamepro
Why did you get an issue today anyway.

It was free with a GameCrazy membership.

pswii60 said:
What are their 9 perfect shooters?

they are:

Killzone 2
Legendary
Fallout 3
Resistance 2
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead
Project Origin
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
UT3 (360)

DuckRacer

Aladuf23 said:
Is there any new RSV2 info?

Dever

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
It was free with a GameCrazy membership.

they are:

Killzone 2
Legendary
Fallout 3
Resistance 2
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead
Project Origin
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
UT3 (360)

As in Legendary: The Box? Wooow. :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Duck said:
Is there any new RSV2 info?

I'm not too sure because I really haven't kept up with R6V2 too much, but it's basically showing all of the screen shots that have been posted on here before and it talks about the weapons.

TDG

Banned
GodfatherX said:
Gamepro still exist?

do they still use the crazy face review system?
Nah, they now use the 4.5-5.0 scale. They tend to include large screenshots, and a rambling, pathetic excuse for a review. That's all you need to know.

Top Bottom