• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Shins

Banned
Prine said:
I hate Marcus Pheonix, such a meat head with meat head one liners.
fenixdipshit.png

JB1981 said:
"Take it!"

HA HA HA HA HA

I fucking love Marcus.
Fuck yeah. Awesome character with the perfect voice over. I just had a big grin when I heard the line. Ahhh feels and looks like Gears alright.

@"Looks like Gears 1": how else should it look like?

Edit: also, the music in the video is great. The OST should deliver once again.

JB1981

That clip was probably not the best way to showcase the sequel. Shit was kinda boring. Looks like this dude is probably playing on Casual too. Why don't the enemies every come at Marcus? It looks like they behave like they did in the first game, in that they run up ... take enemy fire ... shit their pants and run away back to cover. In that whole clip, all the guy did was sit back and shoot his Lancer from a distance. Didn't appear very challenging. Then again, it's probably just that particular sequence.

SPEA

JB1981 said:
That clip was probably not the best way to showcase the sequel. Shit was kinda boring. Looks like this dude is probably playing on Casual too. Why don't the enemies every come at Marcus? It looks like they behave like they did in the first game, in that they run up ... take enemy fire ... shit their pants and run away back to cover. In that whole clip, all the guy did was sit back and shoot his Lancer from a distance. Didn't appear very challenging. Then again, it's probably just that particular sequence.
It's the first part of the game.

TheOddOne

Prine said:
Looks exactly like Gears 1. I never understood the love for this game. The gun mechanics seem 'off' to me.

What the fuck are you doing here then?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Prine said:
Looks exactly like Gears 1. I never understood the love for this game. The gun mechanics seem 'off' to me.

STOOOOOOOOONE HIM!!!

Mark V

sol_bad said:
Is anyone on GAF going to be playing GoW2 through on the hard difficulty straight up?
I'm going to need to find a co-op buddy for this to play through with. I'm importing the game from America and I'm from Australia so I'll receive the game a tad late.

Why import? It's launching in Aus the same day as the US, so technically you'll get it *before* anyone in America does. :lol

Arnie

Aladuf said:
Oh damn, I thought it was you who posted the video before when I saw the Carmine avatar. :lol

Speaking of that video too, I'm noticing not an ounce of lag which is so awesome.
Haha yes I have been cloned.
The lack of lag looks amazing, at first I didn't realize it was online, it seems like a system link game connection.

If anyone fancies creating me a new avatar i would be more than happy to accept it.

-ARNiE- said:
Haha yes I have been cloned.
The lack of lag looks amazing, at first I didn't realize it was online, it seems like a system link game connection.
Yeah, it even looked like the guy playing was used to adjusting to the lag in a couple of those shots where he missed at first. Also, why would there be a German review for the game when it's not even coming out in their country?

Arnie

ThirdEngine said:
Yeah, it even looked like the guy playing was used to adjusting to the lag in a couple of those shots where he missed at first. Also, why would there be a German review for the game when it's not even coming out in their country?
Wow with the lag now fixed, snipers can be alot more prolific with their headshots. This is compensated by the removal of instant downs with an active. It should also benefit weapons like the Torque Bow and Boltok which rely on accurate shots to be effective.

ThirdEngine said:
Germans visiting german xbox sites will surely import the game from a variety of near and far countries ;)

From the new footage it seems that ambient occlusion is definitely in. It's been hit and miss throghout development, but it is clearly visible (perhaps too visible) in this latest footage. Nice to see it make it in. AO is nice and gives makes light and shadow seem much more rich.

Aladuf

Banned
Tomcat said:
Dont know if this has been posted

Horde on Hail

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o5GqgkEyn6M

Its the most impressive new level of gears 2. Wait till u see it in full HD :lol
The little bit of Hail I saw before this didn't impress me at all but now to see how big it is and all the places you can go I'm really interested in it. Seems like there was a little bullet lag in the video which makes me think that we're really going to have to wait until the game is out to see what the deal is with the lag and how severe it is.

Also, it was pretty painful watching that guy play, so many blindfire attempts and he got none of them (if you suck with snipe, then you should actually use the aim) :p

Aladuf said:
Also, it was pretty painful watching that guy play, so many blindfire attempts and he got none of them (if you suck with snipe, then you should actually use the aim) :p
Tell me about it. Most of his kills were from melees. :lol

Prine said:

Did meat heads beat you up in high school? Marcus would take your lunch money.

raYne

cjelly said:
I hope there's an underground level full of Kryll. It'd be like the level Cortana in Halo 3, only with more backtracking.
The entire game could be nothing but dodging Kryll and it'd still be better than that level.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Jtyettis said:
Game is going to sale like a bajillion copies. Mark that Pachter, and mark it well.

Yeah, me and 5 others are going up at midnight to get our copies, I can't remember any other game that so many of my friends were excited about as much as Gears 2.

Sean

Banned
Preordered this at Blockbuster today. Wanted to get it at Best Buy for the RC tank thing but those lines there are always ridiculous.

Anyway how are the bonuses being handled? You're supposed to get something extra for doing a midnight launch but I'm not exactly sure what. Is the Flashback map pack gonna be available for free download on XBLM or do you need to get a redeem code or whatever from the store?

TDG

Banned
• “Flashback” map pack (same as Standard Edition). Every new copy of Gears of War 2 features a code to download 5 remakes from Gears of War 1: Canals, Gridlock, Mansion, Subway and Tyro Station.
So wait, I don't understand this. If the flashback map pack is also in the standard edition, why is it listed under the special edition?

Aladuf

Banned
TDG said:
So wait, I don't understand this. If the flashback map pack is also in the standard edition, why is it listed under the special edition?
Actually that's still in there because I used to have the Standard Edition listed in the OP but took it out because the picture was blurry as hell, guess I just forgot to remove that from the LE section.

BigDubs

Prine said:

I really pity and fail to understand people like you. How you can not be blown away playing Gears is beyond me.

Sean said:
Anyway how are the bonuses being handled? You're supposed to get something extra for doing a midnight launch but I'm not exactly sure what. Is the Flashback map pack gonna be available for free download on XBLM or do you need to get a redeem code or whatever from the store?
The way I understand it, all new copies of the game with come with a code that will allow you to download the Flashback maps.

The only midnight bonus I'm aware of is a code that will allow you to unlock a gold-plated Hammerburst.

Do you guys think Mansion would be a nice map to defend on Horde (if possible)? The inside doesn't seem like it'd be horribly difficult to hold down due to the very small openings. And if it does become overwhelmed, it wouldn't be to hard to find a comfortable exit from the building.

Kibbles

Prine said:

tbh, the opening training mission and hospital missions are the only missions in the game that "look" like Gears 1. Obviously, it's a sequel to Gears so it should look like a Gears game, but that rest of the game is just so much more different.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Aladuf said:
I was just trying to watch this because I never got around to seeing it earlier but the damn video won't load up at all.. does it not load for anyone else?

I just tried it now too, it got up to 2%(after a good 5 minutes) but won't actually play at all.

Top Bottom