• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Aladuf

Banned
Skilotonn said:
I had some great timing - just saw this show up...

The final Gears of war 2 trailer, called "Launch" - it's officially from Epic, and hoooooooooooly shit is it spoilerific - I wish I probably didn't see it actually... :(

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Media/videos.htm

Again, HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!
fapfapfapfapfap

Holy shit that was great!

chainsaw duel against Skorge with his chainsaw staff
= Fucking awesome! :D :D

FrankT

Skilotonn said:

The final Gears of war 2 trailer, called "Launch" - it's officially from Epic, and hoooooooooooly shit is it spoilerific - I wish I probably didn't see it actually... :(

Skorge fight, even the thing that I'm sure that "makes the Brumak look like a baby panda"...

High version

Low version

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!

Wow, wow, wow at launch trailer. Not gonna watch the Skorge fight however.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
RSTEIN said:
Skilotonn: Does it spoil anything about the story or just certain enemy encounters?

Definitely enemy encounters - new areas & enemies we've never seen before - as for story, it doesn't spoil anything much story-wise, you do see some cuts and tiny bit of speech with the guys, nothing major...

But you could say it's mostly action with a tiny bit of story in it...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
clashfan said:
Is m0dus a professional graphics designer? He stuff in the OP looks great.
He BETTER be.

UltimaPooh said:
Also this piece wouldn't have been as good if it wasn't for the New Yorker's writing style.

Start taking notes 1up... This should be your goal.

Agreed completely. It's by far the best article I've ever read about CliffyB, and it shows how wide the writing gap between games media and more literary media like the New Yorker still is...

Wizman23

Banned
Not to start a fan boy war but that trailer just blew that fucking Killzone 2 trailer that GAF has been having a circle jerk over out of the water simply because it showed a ton of awesome gameplay.

Can't wait until next Friday!!

BIGGER, BETTER, MORE BADFUCKINGASS INDEED!

Skilotonn said:

Skorge fight, even the thing that I'm sure that "makes the Brumak look like a baby panda"...

High version

Low version

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!
So fucking amazing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Skilotonn said:

High version

Low version

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!
Well that about obliterates everything this year!

Anyone hear anything about unable to quit a ranked game? I've heard people saying that you need to boot back to the dashboard if you want to quite a ranked game.

striKeVillain! said:
Anyone hear anything about unable to quit a ranked game? I've heard people saying that you need to boot back to the dashboard if you want to quite a ranked game.
Yay fewer quitters.
I imagine the quit option is enabled between matches.

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
Yay fewer quitters.
So glad for that, Gears 1 started to get really unbearable with quitters in Ranked matches. Nothing was more frustrating when I was playing a lot more when I was going for the Seriously achievement and I'd get into a 19 rounder on Raven Down (legit, I know :lol) and after 1 round someone on my team would leave just because he wasn't able to be on the host's team.

Aladuf said:
So glad for that, Gears 1 started to get really unbearable with quitters in Ranked matches. Nothing was more frustrating when I was playing a lot more when I was going for the Seriously achievement and I'd get into a 19 rounder on Raven Down (legit, I know :lol) and after 1 round someone on my team would leave just because he wasn't able to be on the host's team.
Yeah there was a 1 or 2 month period in which I got a majority of achievements for the game but quitters soured the experience so much I just gave up.

I've been playing my other consoles and have since stopped caring about e-peen score, so I never finished.

Aladuf

Banned
_dementia said:
I've been playing my other consoles and have since stopped caring about e-peen score, so I never finished.
Despite how many games I've played or how high my gamerscore is, there has only been one game that I've cared about completing and that's Gears and of course now Gears 2. It was only recently that I actually finally got all 1250. I had a couple Annex achievements left that I needed to get but after I got Seriously last year I wasn't worried about them at all. I really don't care for Annex but I chugged through them during the summer just to have finally completed Gears.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
striKeVillain! said:

Yup, I've read this as well, and that was music to my ears actually... I'm telling ya, they listen to every complaint, and fixed them all...

Hated when people quit in ranked matches, my team or the other team, it just kills the mood of the match...

Wow I love the possible strategies I see for River. Just a variety of different options to attack the enemy. Grenades thrown into the enemy snipe point, mortar strikes there, rushes to boom and etc.

Very nice.

Aladuf

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Well, people can always just restart their 360...
Well yeah, but that's a lot more of a pain to do if you just want to quit out of a match then to just press "start, quit game" like in Gears 1.

Skilotonn said:
Yup, I've read this as well, and that was music to my ears actually... I'm telling ya, they listen to every complaint, and fixed them all...

Hated when people quit in ranked matches, my team or the other team, it just kills the mood of the match...

That is the single best news I've heard about Gears 2!!! You hear that quitters?

FUCK YOU :lol

grandyu

does anyone else think that the cover system in gears is a bit.. loose?
pressing a button to -stick- to a wall is fine.. but the problem is that you often stick to an adjacent wall that's completely unprotected from enemy fire.

grandyu said:
does anyone else think that the cover system in gears is a bit.. loose?
pressing a button to -stick- to a wall is fine.. but the problem is that you often stick to an adjacent wall that's completely unprotected from enemy fire.
That was just a rare occurance (for me at least) that happened in Gears 1. With near 400 tweaks made to the cover system for Gears 2, hopefully it won't be that much of a problem anymore.

DeadGzuz

Banned
m0dus said:
nope.

I'm basically this guy:

ea12xc.jpg

circa season 2 :p

You are an actor!?

j/k

Blueblur1

Skilotonn said:

High version

Low version

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!
I was not excited for this game at all (despite pre-ordering it a few days ago). But that trailer blew me away. When did Gears become FUCKIN' EPIC?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
I was not excited for this game at all (despite pre-ordering it a few days ago). But that trailer blew me away. When did Gears become FUCKIN' EPIC?
Cliffy B went on a rampage one day when the Resistance 2 guys said they were gonna be the most epic game this year. He demanded 2x poly count and 2x size normal maps and demanded more bevels.

cliff_b.jpg

Skilotonn said:

High version

Low version

HIGHLY SPOILERIFIC!
Watched the first one. Well, uh, I guess there is no need to say anything about it.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Woot woot! Aspho Fields book was just delivered by Amazon.

I might have enough time this weekend to read through it - hoping to finish it before the game comes out.

Top Bottom