• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 [M-CONF]

Pooya

Beast mode
JambiBum said:
It's horde mode but where you play as locusts. You start off as tickers and get kills to earn upgrades to stronger locusts. There is a ticket system that is used. You can eventually play as a Berserker once you have earned it. More info here http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1098119p1.html

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c71692/media/image/201006/phptajLL4e3ms4023.JPG
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265491/?hd=1
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265489/?hd=1

kallisto76 said:
84a06e.jpg

93v3s2.jpg

1024128.jpg

115h23z.jpg

14104jw.jpg

gears132ws.jpg

27b2x2.jpg

37m45a.jpg

46e2ho.jpg

55f2e9.jpg

6450xs.jpg

73z0ku.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm not being able to watch the show and these empty threads are driving me crazy. :lol

Looked phenomenal. 4 player co-op should be really fun, and the weapon sharing looked great.

Hopefully the multi isn't broken at launch.

Kydd BlaZe

Gears of War 3 pretty much validated this otherwise travesty of a press conference. I guess I go what I wanted in finally seeing Gears 3 up and running (and looking awesome might I add), but I really wanted more suprises from MS.

But I digress. At any rate, the action seems to have definitely ramped up from Gears 2, 4 player co-op looked awesome, graphics (lighting, detail) looked insane, and the lambent enemies looked fun & engaging. The wait for next April is going to be a tough one.

Glad berserkers are sort of back it looks like. I just hope they don't go crazy with the mutations. I don't want another "Flood" in a favorite series. I want to fight lots and lots of regular locust with maybe a few sections with mutations. Going to be disappointed if they are in every single level.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
terrdactycalsrock said:
in my opinion this was the best game shown

Hardly a label to proud of considering the competition. The game did seem awesome, though, which is surprising to nobody.

Karram

Gears 3 demo was awesome. Still, kinda disappointed they didn't announce dedicated servers for the game. Looking forward to know more about beast mode though.

Four-player Co-Op? Awesome. Lambent Berserker? Awesome. You can tell it's early. Some of the stuff needs some polish graphically. I'm excited after that demo though.

Too much colour, needs more brown :p

It looked good just like all the gears games before it, cliffy should have been in a bunny suit!

ToyMachine228 said:
Four-player Co-Op? Awesome. Lambent Berserker? Awesome. You can tell it's early. Some of the stuff needs some polish graphically. I'm excited after that demo though.
not co-op

bro-op!

-PXG-

God damn, I can't wait to see this footage in HD. Hopefully the new Beast mode will be shown later today.

JB1981

-PXG- said:
TU6 for Gears 2 has pretty much fixed it. Have yet to have any noticeable lag since.

It really is a great update. I have been playing non-stop since the patch. The game runs very well now. Some issues still exist but my social games experience has been very damn good.

-PXG-

JB1981 said:
It really is a great update. I have been playing non-stop since the patch. The game runs very well now. Some issues still exist but my social games experience has been very damn good.

People just need to stop two piecing. That shit is so fucking annoying though. Every fucking game, there is always someone (or a whole team) that just melees and shoots. It's so dumb. Firing from the hip does NOTHING. You pretty much have to hard aim every shot if you want to kill anyone.

Chinner

Banned
Looks great. I never had a issue with GOW2 in terms of SP, as it was a solid improvement over GOW1. This looks like it'll continue this trend, I just hope they get MP right at launch.

Spitz

Thanks Cliffy you and the Bungie Guys saved the Press Conference for me. Can't wait to control Anya and kick those bloody Locust scum in the nuts. :D

Not really impressed by the footage shown. In the final game it will probably serve its purpose but on its own it was just chaotic without any punch.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Looked great, glad they brought that execution of ripping off the arm and beating the shit out of you that didn't make gears 2.

Let's hope the MP is fixed (read: like Gears 1), I know the campaign will be sick.

Raide

Hootie said:
Didn't Cliffy say there's a new "Beast" Mode? I can't wait to see what that is :D

Betting it will be 1 player as a Locust (Berserker or something big Vs 7 other COG's. Maybe linked to Horde mode.

Footage looks great, graphics look very slick. Co-op also seemed really nice. Love the weapon swapping and call outs etc. Bayonet looked awesome. More Gears = Day 1.

Top Bottom