• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 Premiere Trailer: "Ashes to Ashes"

I didn't see Baird the first time, and thought maybe he'd had a sex change to become the chick. That would've been an unexpected twist.

Lots of beards and straps, fewer sleeves. Looked like some of the locust were shooting at the giant creature that came out of the ground, 3 way battles between COG's/Locust/Lambent?

v0yce

Double barrel shotgun? Great, now MP will be even more about rolling in your face and shotgunning than it already is instead of cover and fire like was originally intended.

Oh well, SP will great. Can't wait.

Lince

Banned
I've been spoiled with Uncharted 2 coop but 4 players in Gears sounds awesome, finally a game I can play with my 360 Uni friends :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dead Man Typing said:
I didn't see Baird the first time, and thought maybe he'd had a sex change to become the chick. That would've been an unexpected twist.

Lots of beards and straps, fewer sleeves. Looked like some of the locust were shooting at the giant creature that came out of the ground, 3 way battles between COG's/Locust/Lambent?
Didn't we already have this in some parts of GoW2?

Leonsito

shagg_187 said:
Gears of War 4: 8 player co-op with 4 Locusts.

Gears of War 5: RTS clone of Starcraft with Locust being Protoss and Lambent being Zergs; while Humans play Terrans.

I want that.

Haunted

Y2Kev said:
Didn't we already have this in some parts of GoW2?
You saw Lambent and Locust fight once in a cutscene and one time in the background... but the squad was never involved directly iirc.

Certainly nothing like the Half-Life Marines vs Xen vs Gordon fights.

K' Dash said:
2rypwrq.gif
:lol :lol Im blasting Ice Cube song ''Do Ya Thang'' it goes so good with that gif... lol

pr0cs

Can't wait, decent trailer but I think it's the weakest of the series though. They'll probably do another one since if I recall Gears2 had 2 different trailers (though both were still better than this IMO).

4 player coop and hopefully a longer single player story as well as new horde-mode options/features gameplay. I only played Gears1&2 multiplayer for a short while, similarly to COD this game. Too many asshats and other douchebags to have fun outside of friends.

ScOULaris said:
Yet another Gears commercial that uses pre-rendered footage and does not fit the mood of the actual game whatsoever.
Yep, you've never played the other games.. this is obvious.

-PXG-

h3ro said:
M2AF

those were good times :)

Oh shit :lol

Gig's (aka Valvolga's) Hank Hill avatar: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Gears-GAF Gears 1 sessions were amazing. Nothing but good times and laughs. Things fell apart when Gears 2 dropped :(

I remember hosting matches and no one complaining about lag or host advantage.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
Trailer was pretty uninspired, especially compared to the last two. I guess they are going for a whole 'this is the end' motif. Perhaps the lambent will actually be new units this time instead of re-textured locusts. Will Gamefly.

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
Gears-GAF Gears 1 sessions were amazing. Nothing but good times and laughs. Things fell apart when Gears 2 dropped :(
They were, and that's another thing Gears 3 needs to have... private matches where you can just pick the map cycle and play for hours.

Dosia

Will def be waiting a few weeks after release to determine if this game is worthy of a purchase. If the MP is as bad as it is in 2 then I will def rent. I will never forget having to wait 40 minutes just to play a single
game.

h3ro

Aladuf said:
They were, and that's another thing Gears 3 needs to have... private matches where you can just pick the map cycle and play for hours.

The Horde nights we had were pretty good in Gears 2. I hope they buff Horde up a little, adding some story elements or objectives would be nice to go along with campaign co-op. I'm sure MP will have it's bugs and we'll chase the elusive Title Update that will fix all that nonsense. I bet they still haven't fixed crab-walking.

Also, my Golden Hammerburst better carry over. :lol

AnimatorZombie said:
Trailer was pretty uninspired, especially compared to the last two. I guess they are going for a whole 'this is the end' motif. Perhaps the lambent will actually be new units this time instead of re-textured locusts. Will Gamefly.

Eh, it's just another "Mad world" juxtaposition trailer like the other 2. I agree it's uninspired, but because it's the same thing done for the 3rd time, not because it's better or worse done than the last 2.

feel

4 player coop?? YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! finally :D :D

I really hope they allow to play online coop with a split-screen guest like in Halo or Left 4 Dead.

Some of the character's looks are questionable...If that's really Anya obviously she looks quite a bit different...And Dom does as well I guess that makes sense though. Cole looks strange too. Regardless, I hope Gears 3 feels more like you're actually fighting a desperate war, and not a Hollywood roller coaster like Gears 2 did. I'm not complaining about Gears 2's campaign because it was definitely enjoyable I'm just hoping for something different in 3. I've always loved the concept of fighting a war of desperation and that vibe that you get from trailers like Halo and Gears but the campaign's rarely ever deliver on that feel. And both the Halo and Gears series have some great campaigns. But they don't deliver on that sense of desperation, and full scale war.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
ScOULaris said:
Yet another Gears commercial that uses pre-rendered footage and does not fit the mood of the actual game whatsoever.

Thats kind of the way I feel. I like Gears a lot, but the drama I like in the commericials is never translated to the game. Felt the same with the BELIEVE Halo 3 commerical.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
REV 09 said:
i'm a black belt in pendulum deflection.
just remember to keep your eyes shut to avoid that stinging sensation. It's all good until someone gets it in the eye.

skyfinch

Not surprised to see Anya. In the first book, Aspho Fields, her mom was quite the bad ass and was teaching Anya the ropes.

Pendulum Wars is coming out in August of this year, and that's the third book in the series, so I'm assuming that the forth book be released very early in 2011.

Top Bottom